Daily login zeta’s

Replies

• TVF wrote: »
    Logging in to a daily game daily seems like the bare minimum one can do. Congrats on doing it though.

I've been playing for 3 years, have everything I need zeta'd, and am sitting on over 360 zeta mats today. 10+ years to upgrade every toon is both irrelevant and incorrect.

But I’m assuming you’ve spent money to buy zetas?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Josh712
    92 posts Member

Josh712 wrote: »
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    cg gives extra free stuff. then doesn't keep giving it. Outrage.

this is why we can't have nice things

We can't have nice things because people are willing to pay for whatever is thrown at us and whenever people ask for something they are called names and told to happy with what they have.

I don't understand the number of people on these forums who get upset over others asking for things. Like seriously who would stop playing the game if the log in rewards were always the same as May?

Absolutely no one would, people like to think that they are actually doing something good with their lives by trying to shred someone’s opinion down. We’d all be better off with extra zeta’s from daily log ins, and not one person here wouldn’t mind it. End of story!
    We’d all be better off with a full Stun Gun in the daily logins too. Asking for stuff that you’re not going to get is not productive.

But how do you know that one of the devs haven’t seen this discussion and thought oh yeah let’s change the zeta’s? Saying it’s not productive is saying that these forums do nothing for the game
  • Josh712
    92 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Logging in to a daily game daily seems like the bare minimum one can do. Congrats on doing it though.

I've been playing for 3 years, have everything I need zeta'd, and am sitting on over 360 zeta mats today. 10+ years to upgrade every toon is both irrelevant and incorrect.

Sadly the only way I know of purchasing zeta’s is through the hyperdrive bundle and that only gives you 10
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

you can buy zetas?
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    cg gives extra free stuff. then doesn't keep giving it. Outrage.

this is why we can't have nice things

We can't have nice things because people are willing to pay for whatever is thrown at us and whenever people ask for something they are called names and told to happy with what they have.

I don't understand the number of people on these forums who get upset over others asking for things. Like seriously who would stop playing the game if the log in rewards were always the same as May?

I don't think anyone called OP names. I do see some irony in asking for more free stuff the day after the extra free stuff ended. Am I remembering wrong or did we not get 5 zeta mats yesterday? I don't think it's just the asking for things that people are rolling their eyes at, it's the timing etc. At least imo
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

you can buy zetas?
    Special offers. Like the May the 4th packs recently. One was 5 zetas for £99.99 (and some other stuff). The HDB also has 10 I believe.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

you can buy zetas?
    Special offers. Like the May the 4th packs recently. One was 5 zetas for £99.99 (and some other stuff). The HDB also has 10 I believe.

Which in sum is less than we have gotten for free in any given year they have been in game.... so while you "can purchase them", it's not in any significant quantity
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

you can buy zetas?

I bought the hyperdrive bundle, so I've technically bought 10. Which means if I hadn't bought any zetas, I'd still have over 350 of them.

Manage resources.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • You might be better off in an echo chamber.

Great thing he came to the best echo chamber in the Galaxy then huh.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    OP people are disagreeing with you in order to help you, not to hurt you.

In a resource management game, it’s important to have some rare materials, such as Zetas. There are tons of zeta abilities, and some are better than others. As a F2P player, the idea is that you likely won’t ever be able to zeta everything (or even get close) but you will get enough to cover the important ones. If CG gave out enough for to get every zeta in, say, four years, then there really isn’t any thought or strategy going into Zeta choice. By adding new zetas and keeping them rare, CG is ensuring that all F2P players will have to strategize if they want to compete.

If anything, CG will probably start reducing our Zeta access because new toons are being released less frequently. CG did us a solid last month by giving us more than usual. People here are trying to tell you that we likely won’t get that again soon, and that you’ll probably end up disappointed if you ask. That’s my two cents.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020

you can buy zetas?

I bought the hyperdrive bundle, so I've technically bought 10. Which means if I hadn't bought any zetas, I'd still have over 350 of them.

Manage resources.

10 is still about 2 weeks of challenges.
    Also, I’ve been playing at level 85 for about 3 years and have 48 zeta upgrades. 48 x 20 = 960 mats. 960/6 (per week) = ~160 weeks take away a couple for free zetas. That’s quite a long time. Just over 3 years. I don’t think it’s managing resources. I can’t manage zetas like I can gear. So I don’t get how managing resources affect zetas as much as gear. You get a zeta, you use it. It’s that simple. With gear, it’s use it effectively, stock up etc. Managing zetas isn’t the same so (to me) your point is not as valid as you may think.
    Post edited by Ggdjqjchsabjdj on
  • Nihion wrote: »
    OP people are disagreeing with you in order to help you, not to hurt you.

In a resource management game, it’s important to have some rare materials, such as Zetas. There are tons of zeta abilities, and some are better than others. As a F2P player, the idea is that you likely won’t ever be able to zeta everything (or even get close) but you will get enough to cover the important ones. If CG gave out enough for to get every zeta in, say, four years, then there really isn’t any thought or strategy going into Zeta choice. By adding new zetas and keeping them rare, CG is ensuring that all F2P players will have to strategize if they want to compete.

If anything, CG will probably start reducing our Zeta access because new toons are being released less frequently. CG did us a solid last month by giving us more than usual. People here are trying to tell you that we likely won’t get that again soon, and that you’ll probably end up disappointed if you ask. That’s my two cents.
    I agree with this. Although how many zetas did we get from login rewards last month. 5? Or 7? If you only went through daily logins, that’s one zeta every 3/4 months. Factor in challenges etc, and for me it’s 1 zeta a week or two. To get every character zeta’d (right now), it’d take me about 200+ weeks (if we say I had 0 zetas prior). That’s nearly 4 years. In those 4 years they will release more characters, so this could amount to over 500 weeks to get. So I don’t think they’ll slow it down, I personally think it’s fine as is. Maybe a couple more a month on the daily login and I still will have to play for years and years to have a chance at getting every character zeta’d. Instead of 1/2 on the daily login, I think 3-5 is fine.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

you can buy zetas?

Manage resources.

Also, I’ve been playing at level 85 for about 3 years and have over 44 zeta upgrades. 44 x 20 = 880 mats. 880/6 (per week) = ~146 weeks take away a couple for free zetas. That’s quite a long time. Just under 2 and a half years. I don’t think it’s managing resources. I can’t manage zetas like I can gear. So I don’t get how managing resources affect zetas as much as gear. You get a zeta, you use it. It’s that simple. With gear, it’s use it effectively, stock up etc. Managing zetas isn’t the same so (to me) your point is not as valid as you may think.

Post your gg then. Let's look at your roster.

Mine is freely available. Let me know what 18 zetas I'm in desperate need of.

you can buy zetas?

Manage resources.

Also, I’ve been playing at level 85 for about 3 years and have over 44 zeta upgrades. 44 x 20 = 880 mats. 880/6 (per week) = ~146 weeks take away a couple for free zetas. That’s quite a long time. Just under 2 and a half years. I don’t think it’s managing resources. I can’t manage zetas like I can gear. So I don’t get how managing resources affect zetas as much as gear. You get a zeta, you use it. It’s that simple. With gear, it’s use it effectively, stock up etc. Managing zetas isn’t the same so (to me) your point is not as valid as you may think.

Post your gg then. Let's look at your roster.

Mine is freely available. Let me know what 18 zetas I'm in desperate need of.

Just know that I don’t chase the meta. I chase characters that are fun to play. That’s why my account is a mess. https://swgoh.gg/p/562627363
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    You've made my point for me. You've chosen to make your roster a mess. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't then blame the game for your failure to manage your resources.

EDIT: You said you've been playing three years? I started April 2017 and am over 5.2m, you aren't even 3m yet. Did you take a ton of time off? If so, your comment about three years is disingenuous as relates to zeta income.
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    For me it has more to do with what rewards cg wants to give. 1 zeta is less valuable now than when it was first added. That is true regardless of where you are in the game or how you play. All the other rewards (except omegas) have similar value or become irrelevant at some point. I personally believe the intention was to give a significant reward to the daily players. That significance has erode over time and perhaps could be revisited.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    You've made my point for me. You've chosen to make your roster a mess. There's nothing wrong with that, but you can't then blame the game for your failure to manage your resources.

EDIT: You said you've been playing three years? I started April 2017 and am over 5.2m, you aren't even 3m yet. Did you take a ton of time off? If so, your comment about three years is disingenuous as relates to zeta income.

You’ve spent money, I haven’t. Also what difference does it make? Most of my zetas are top zetas in the game. We’re talking about managing zetas, are we not? How does the rest of my account have anything to do with zetas?
  • Jppc wrote: »

you can buy zetas?

Manage resources.

Also, I’ve been playing at level 85 for about 3 years and have 48 zeta upgrades. 48 x 20 = 960 mats. 960/6 (per week) = ~160 weeks take away a couple for free zetas. That’s quite a long time. Just over 3 years. I don’t think it’s managing resources. I can’t manage zetas like I can gear. So I don’t get how managing resources affect zetas as much as gear. You get a zeta, you use it. It’s that simple. With gear, it’s use it effectively, stock up etc. Managing zetas isn’t the same so (to me) your point is not as valid as you may think.

I started in2015 but stoped in 2016 (that time there wasn’t any zeta in the game). I came back just before EP rework (2 years ago) and I have 65 zetas and holding another 6 (4 for GAS). You are a casual player/soft player so you shouldn’t have a lot of zetas.

Casual or not, zetas are hard to come by. That is my point.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

You’ve spent money, I haven’t.

I've spent roughly $350 in 3+ years. That doesn't account for anything close to 2.25m GP.

You're doing something wrong, if not many things wrong.

I've spent roughly $350 in 3+ years. That doesn't account for anything close to 2.25m GP.

HBD = more chars, some at a gear level you probably don’t want, so I’m guessing extra 50k. Extra gear (lots of it) for key characters. That’s probably an extra 500k at least. Ship tokens = zetas. Ships upgraded = maybe another 20k. That’s probably not all of it. That’s just the HBD, it’s adding at least 700k maybe more. Other things you’ve bought would amount to more. So I’d say based on how far that money has boosted you, not just what it’s given you, amounts to 2.25m gp.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator

HBD = more chars, some at a gear level you probably don’t want, so I’m guessing extra 50k. Extra gear (lots of it) for key characters. That’s probably an extra 500k at least. Ship tokens = zetas. Ships upgraded = maybe another 20k. That’s probably not all of it. That’s just the HBD, it’s adding at least 700k maybe more. Other things you’ve bought would amount to more. So I’d say based on how far that money has boosted you, not just what it’s given you, amounts to 2.25m gp.

A marquee toon costs ~$300 and maxing that toon out to relic 7 without spending on gear or materials would give you about 30k GP

lol @ spending $350 could boost your GP by 2.25 million GP
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member

You’ve spent money, I haven’t. Also what difference does it make? Most of my zetas are top zetas in the game. We’re talking about managing zetas, are we not? How does the rest of my account have anything to do with zetas?

Your lack of development in ships is a major contributing factor to your feeling that zetas are hard to come by. Fleets are the primary source for zetas, both with the challenge and your daily arena payout.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Ultra wrote: »

A marquee toon costs ~$300 and maxing that toon out to relic 7 without spending on gear or materials would give you about 30k GP

Yeah, can you imagine what players in guilds like TI and MAW would be up to if this were the case.

I wonder which guild would be better then, rather than under the actual system in place.
  • SithVicious
    1283 posts Member

Flexing that Maths PhD
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • Ahhh, this has gone from a discussion about zetas in a login calendar to a talk about gp. Incredible how humans work.
  • Ultra wrote: »

That is focusing on one character. I somehow doubt TVF spent all of that on one character. Maybe that’s just my thought.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020

Flexing that Maths PhD

Ok.

Your lack of development in ships is a major contributing factor to your feeling that zetas are hard to come by. Fleets are the primary source for zetas, both with the challenge and your daily arena payout.

No wonder I still average 174, even with my garbage team, compared to those around me.
  • Ultra wrote: »

And to add to what I said before, you should’ve read my last sentence more carefully. I’m not saying that it will suddenly take your gp up 2.25 mil gp, I’m saying that from where I am standing currently, $350 dollars will get me better characters = higher arena rank = more crystals = better character = more gp. Do you see my point? I’m not saying you spend $350 and bang 2.25m gp, I’m saying in the long run it will.