CG_SBCrumb
685 posts EA Community Manager
edited June 2020
spame44yuzu7.png

[Developer Insight - Kit Reveal]

UNIT NAME: Imperial TIE Bomber
ALIGNMENT: Dark
CATEGORIES: Empire, Tank
Debilitating Empire Tank that inflicts Burning, cripples enemies' Offense, and provides heavy defensive capability

ABILITIES:

Basic: L-S1 LASER CANNONS

daqjan5izoh9.gif

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and inflict Target Lock for 1 turn, which can't be resisted by Rebels.

Target Lock: Inflict Burning for 1 turn, which can't be dispelled from or resisted by Rebels

Special 1: PROTON BOMBARDMENT (Cooldown 3)

nse7c4896bih.gif

FINAL TEXT: Dispel all buffs on all enemies. Then, deal Physical damage and inflict Burning on them for 2 turns, which can't be dispelled from or resisted by Rebels. This ability can't be evaded.

Unique 1: DUAL-POD DESIGN

FINAL TEXT: The Imperial TIE bomber has +20% Max Protection for each active Empire ally (including the allied Capital Ship) when it enters battle and gains 20% Max Protection every time another Empire ally enters battle from reinforcements. Empire allies ignore 20% Defense for each Rebel and each Target Locked enemy.

The Imperial TIE bomber gains Taunt at the end of the turn if an enemy is Target Locked and the TIE bomber isn't already Taunting. This effect expires at the end of the turn if there are no Target Locked enemies. While any Rebel enemy is Target Locked, all Rebel enemies deal 50% less damage.

While enemies are inflicted with Burning, they have -25% Offense, doubled for Light Side enemies. Rebel enemies can't attack out of turn while Burning.

Reinforcement: RESERVE ORDNANCE

FINAL TEXT: Enter Battle: Inflict Burning on all enemies for 2 turns, which can't be dispelled from or resisted by Rebels. Then, call another random Empire ally to assist. This ability can't be evaded.

Replies

• This looks amazing!
  • Long live the Empire!!!!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    how do we get it?
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Mox4
    23 posts Member
    Another crewless ship that is supposed to be pilotted. Bloody garbage ¬_¬
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    FINAL TEXT: The Imperial TIE bomber has +20% Max Protection for each active Empire ally (including the allied Capital Ship) when it enters battle and gains 20% Max Protection every time another Empire ally enters battle from reinforcements. Empire allies ignore 20% Defense for each Rebel and each Target Locked enemy.

Neat. I like the max protection boost when empire allies are reinforced.

Burning mechanic pushes the empire into an anti-rebel fleet only for offense
  • ndwilson
    89 posts Member
    Finally my Gauntlet Starfighter will see some action again!
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »
    how do we get it?

Lightning Galactic Chase.

Hello Holotable Heroes! We are excited to bring you a new event type, the Lightning Galactic Chase. This event will award bonus shards from 3:15 Pacific to 3:30 Pacific only. See you on the holotables!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    This is like kicking somebody that is already on the ground. The 3rd ship/capital ship designed to shut down and kill a rebel fleet :/
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    This is great and all, but whats the bigger picture here...tired of this drip drip drip of info.....
  • Vos_Landeck
    1666 posts Member
    Mox4 wrote: »

Much better than having some new generic Tie Bomber pilot that we have to also farm up to 7 stars just to have a decent, usable ship.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Mox4 wrote: »

Crewless doesn't mean pilotless. It means you don't have to gear a pilot.

I'll never understand how people manage to complain about these types of ships.
  • а толку то от этого юнита?
  • ssj4tim
    135 posts Member
    It is nice and all for 6 months ago when people still used rebels, shame it will be useless against GR and Sep's.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    This is great and all, but whats the bigger picture here...tired of this drip drip drip of info.....

There is literally nothing that can make you happy, is there?
  • littleMAC77
    2397 posts Member

The bigger picture is we need more ships, so we are getting more ships. Does there need to be more reason to get more ships?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    tbf, it was announced as more of a plop than a drip. I mean, all the info besides how to get is there, so...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ndwilson
    89 posts Member
    And with the TIE Bomber, every faction has a faction specific tank. Now the real question, where does Hounds Tooth fit in now??
  • Drageero
    151 posts Member
    ndwilson wrote: »
    And with the TIE Bomber, every faction has a faction specific tank. Now the real question, where does Hounds Tooth fit in now??

Well, there's no FO or Resistance tank right now.
  • Wheres the pilot at ?
  • ndwilson
    89 posts Member
    Drageero wrote: »
    ndwilson wrote: »

Well, there's no FO or Resistance tank right now.

Ah good catch, I can't believe I forgot about them.
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Given the current situation, it’s better for CG from a PR standpoint to not post any information to detract the public from ongoing events
  • Anariodin
    159 posts Member
    Can we get an easier to acquire counter to Seps and GK GRs??? My rebels didnt need more death options...
  • @CG_SBCrumb Does TIE Bomber taunt at the end of EVERY turn when an enemy is target locked? Or only at the end of IT’S OWN turn? The wording seems unclear
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    I love the crew less ships!! Keep em comin
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Yesss finally time to take a **** on those **** falcons. My sith fleet will be unstoppable!
  • AntiHeld wrote: »
    This is like kicking somebody that is already on the ground. The 3rd ship/capital ship designed to shut down and kill a rebel fleet :/

Lol I'd say you got into the Falcon meta too late.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Moar fleet tanks! MOAR!

f0a150cb643ab8e32bb882ac26e7fa08.gif
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Given the current situation, it’s better for CG from a PR standpoint to not post any information to detract the public from ongoing events

Yea... because the ywing brought all kinds of good PR.....at least 1200 crystals for an unlock. This ship will be more of the same.
  • AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    AntiHeld wrote: »

Lol I'd say you got into the Falcon meta too late.

Nope. Played Rebels all the time getting to first spot since Executrix was meta and 5vs5. Got Falcon 5* right at the beginning. Didn’t switch to my Nego now, because I just like Rebels better. I am a bit annoyed, that this ship came out after that shiny y-wing. Else everybody could have saved the refreshes to get it ;)
  • Another crew-less ship? C'mon, CG - quit it. The droid ships were defensible, but these other ones are just lazy as all get-out.
    If you're going to keep doing this, just go ahead and remove all pilots from all ships. It's like you're only half-trying now, or have decided to completely change direction on how the toon/ship interaction should work.