Kit Reveal: Imperial TIE Bomber

Replies

• HK22
    644 posts Member
    Simple Kit: Yup
    Great Animations: Yup
    Useful for TW fleets: Yup
    Do I like it because I like ships: Yup

Verdict: It will make an excellent addition to my Chimera fleet.
  • Another crew-less ship? C'mon, CG - quit it. The droid ships were defensible, but these other ones are just lazy as all get-out.
    If you're going to keep doing this, just go ahead and remove all pilots from all ships. It's like you're only half-trying now, or have decided to completely change direction on how the toon/ship interaction should work.

I don't get why people are actually mad about not having to grind and gear Y-wing and Tie Bomber pilots. These generic ships being crewless is a singularly good development.
  • Vuk
    32 posts Member
    No pilot ? Gooood gooood. Ships will become a must and a fun must as well in GAC when they put 2 fleets on D. Keep them coming CG. Hux and Holdo need a tank
  • EventineElessedil
    6171 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Lol I just got HMF last week. Wheee!
  • Another crew-less ship? C'mon, CG - quit it. The droid ships were defensible, but these other ones are just lazy as all get-out.
    If you're going to keep doing this, just go ahead and remove all pilots from all ships. It's like you're only half-trying now, or have decided to completely change direction on how the toon/ship interaction should work.

I don't get why people are actually mad about not having to grind and gear Y-wing and Tie Bomber pilots. These generic ships being crewless is a singularly good development.

I personally prefer it, because I’m so far behind anyways, but I completely understand why people want pilots. Some people like the ability to make their ship stand out and be better than someone else’s. This style allows for stars and nothing else.

I personally prefer it, because I’m so far behind anyways, but I completely understand why people want pilots. Some people like the ability to make their ship stand out and be better than someone else’s. This style allows for stars and nothing else.

Yeah but even with crew a ship can only be so good, there is a max power level, and no ship will be optimal before it reaches that level. In top competitive play, you'll only really run into other maxed stuff, so while I sort of get your point I also sort of don't. At least not for these generic ships. I'm sure CLS will crew an X-wing or something in the future, it's not like crews are gone forever. Just the generic ones.
  • This is epic!
  • ndwilson wrote: »
    Finally my Gauntlet Starfighter will see some action again!

I think the mechanics of this bomber were designed to make gauntlet less useless. Hadn't seen it since timeout fleets
  • DrNinjoy wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    Mox4 wrote: »
    Another crewless ship that is supposed to be pilotted. Bloody garbage ¬_¬

Crewless doesn't mean pilotless. It means you don't have to gear a pilot.

I'll never understand how people manage to complain about these types of ships.

Then just get rid of all the pilots in all ships. This is literally half-assing it.

They would've needed a new Empire character. I'm a bit charactered out at the moment.
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Anti-Rebel but anything else will still wreck them. Don't expect to see many Empire fleets in arena any time soon.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    Anti-Rebel but anything else will still wreck them. Don't expect to see many Empire fleets in arena any time soon.

It's not for arena. It's for GAC when they finally open up another fleet spot, so we can actually use all these capital ships we got bombarded with.
  • Rmaxtpmx
    294 posts Member
    Are people seriously complaining about not having to gear (and now relic) a new character just to have a useable ship? Crewless ships are a gift. Stop looking for things to cry about.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    DrNinjoy wrote: »

Then just get rid of all the pilots in all ships. This is literally half-assing it.

Yes, please get rid of all pilots. Pilotless ships is the way to go!
  • AntiHeld wrote: »
    This is like kicking somebody that is already on the ground. The 3rd ship/capital ship designed to shut down and kill a rebel fleet :/

Agreed.

What is the insane BH farm to get Falcon if its and for that matter Ackbar as a whole is going to be completely irrelevant.

Are rebels going to get a new ship to stop Malevolence from spawning extra Vultures?

Seriously, the game design of making a unit specifically to gimp another faction is getting really old.
  • Also, HOW was this not released in May for ESB 40th anniversary? /boggle
  • Will it be a marquee event or a GC? I don't want an other GC right after the Y-wing...
  • Mox4 wrote: »

Much better than having some new generic Tie Bomber pilot that we have to also farm up to 7 stars just to have a decent, usable ship.

And keep slathered in 6E mods 24/7 lest we drop to 30 in fleet arena. It's ridiculous that I'm weakening my fleet by changing teams in squad arena and switching a few mods around. Or that I have to pay a remodding fee for fleet battles if I do them during my squad climb.
  • Is this a markqee event?
  • DrNinjoy wrote: »

I look at it this way: Now that all major fleet factions have a pilotless tank ship, we're finally on somewhat equal footing. Of course rebels still have the disadvantage of several crucial multi-pilot ships with up to 3 crew members that are utterly useless in squad these days, but the Y-Wing was a step towards more balance.

I only wish we'd get a pilot animation on the combat screen at least. The faction logo works for droid ships, but for the Y-Wings it's a bit lazy.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    This is great and all, but whats the bigger picture here...tired of this drip drip drip of info.....
    Given the current situation, it’s better for CG from a PR standpoint to not post any information to detract the public from ongoing events

Yea... because the ywing brought all kinds of good PR.....at least 1200 crystals for an unlock. This ship will be more of the same.

Of course they'll go back to the previous drop rate of 4% per energy spent. Right, CG? After all, we had 8 attempts per node during the other galactic chases. Now that we're once again back to 5, the fleet energy cost argument doesn't hold water anymore. Could someone at CG please clarify the drop rate ahead of the GC?
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Another crew-less ship? C'mon, CG - quit it. The droid ships were defensible, but these other ones are just lazy as all get-out.

Shhh, they probably have extra 500 mk3 carbantis and/or stunguns lying around.
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Well. It's nice ship for sure, and I'm glad that we will get it. But it's WAY too much focused on anti-rebel abilities. I don't understand the purpose of it, given the current Rebels position in the meta.

P.S. Also having crewless generic ship which is specifically made to shut down the specific legendary ship looks... not good at all.
  • I'm happy that crewless is continuing. My guild is not geo tb ready so no negotiator or malevolence for us, so more useful fleets without the gear drain on meh toons is nice.

Though, changing the name of tfp to tie bomber pilot (keep his kit the same) and giving him this ship; then adding tie fighters as summonables like vulture droids would have been awesome
  • They could have saved some time writing this kit and just said "your falcon don't work no more, and there are no rebels that are not on fire".

So this must be an epic confrontation level type event to unlock, right?

Look at what a player has to do to get the falcon, which this ship cancels out:
    Dozens to scores of pit raid runs to unlock Han.
    5* 5 bounty hunters and gear 9ish them to get chewy.
    5* 5 bounty hunter ships (oh and one of those bounty hunters you needed for Chewy doesn't have a ship, so better get another bounty hunter).
    Then if you want the falcon to be any good, you better 7* all those things up there, gear 11ish the bounty hunters, and g13 Han and Chewy.

So that seems an epic confrontation would be around the right level of effort to cancel it out.

OR MAYBE A DEATH STAR RAID!!!!???

• How much damage will a rebel that is burning do while any rebel is target locked?

-50% offense and -50% damage. So 25% of their normal damage?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    This is great and all, but whats the bigger picture here...tired of this drip drip drip of info.....
    Given the current situation, it’s better for CG from a PR standpoint to not post any information to detract the public from ongoing events

Yea... because the ywing brought all kinds of good PR.....at least 1200 crystals for an unlock. This ship will be more of the same.

Of course they'll go back to the previous drop rate of 4% per energy spent. Right, CG? After all, we had 8 attempts per node during the other galactic chases. Now that we're once again back to 5, the fleet energy cost argument doesn't hold water anymore. Could someone at CG please clarify the drop rate ahead of the GC?

I missed the part where CG said you could

a) only farm hard nodes
    b) only farm a single hard node and had to refresh it each time you wanted more GC shards

Be assured, nothing is changing, and whatever you think of the change in drop rate, nothing should change based on the hard node cap.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    They could have saved some time writing this kit and just said "your falcon don't work no more, and there are no rebels that are not on fire".

So this must be an epic confrontation level type event to unlock, right?

Look at what a player has to do to get the falcon, which this ship cancels out:
    Dozens to scores of pit raid runs to unlock Han.
    5* 5 bounty hunters and gear 9ish them to get chewy.
    5* 5 bounty hunter ships (oh and one of those bounty hunters you needed for Chewy doesn't have a ship, so better get another bounty hunter).
    Then if you want the falcon to be any good, you better 7* all those things up there, gear 11ish the bounty hunters, and g13 Han and Chewy.

So that seems an epic confrontation would be around the right level of effort to cancel it out.

Falcon is behind two meta fleets now. The value of every meta diminishes over time.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Long live the Empire!!!!

Especially the Sith!