Kit Reveal: Imperial TIE Bomber

13Next

Replies

• AntiHeld
    237 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Falcon is behind two meta fleets now. The value of every meta diminishes over time.
    Sure, and thats how it should be. Nego could beat H1/HMF. Finalizer can beat it. Malevolence can beat it, also not as easily. Everything ok. H1 can beat all of those fleets in return with a bit of effort and gering useless pilots.
    But this kit looks like it lets all fleets beat H1/HMF easily (ok, they have to survive the initial onslaught). The value of Rebels on defense is not diminished, but removed. And thats a few days after letting people invest into a rebel Y-Wing.
  • AleSahnDroh_1979
    950 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    A counter vs Han’s Falcon... but after years 🤣
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ndwilson wrote: »
    And with the TIE Bomber, every faction has a faction specific tank. Now the real question, where does Hounds Tooth fit in now??

BH cap ship confirmed!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ndwilson wrote: »
    And with the TIE Bomber, every faction has a faction specific tank. Now the real question, where does Hounds Tooth fit in now??

BH cap ship confirmed!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I think CG dropping this ship now means that the Road Ahead is at least two weeks away (if not more) based on their drip drip drip method of releasing info....they dont have much, so they have to drag it out to make it last...shame.
  • Oh wait. Simple solution to keep using rebels: Hounds Tooth.

Nice work CG.
  • VasilAhil84
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    CG why you made Kylo unbeatable for no legend teams?????Rey is easy target for DR even for jedi and Kylo immortal are you *** or you just like Dark Side much more???That new Kylo buff will cost you a lot of angry people again,even those which spend on Rey...Now Rey is just trash,and her new role is to be just last Kylo counter,and btw not even good counter...Everyone in future just go always DS thats all about that game...
    Post edited by VasilAhil84 on
  • I'm actually not ok with this - this one ship nullifies a complete investment in an entire faction's fleet, whose main strength (assists) is thrown out the door now by one individual ship. Think this is a really poor choice by CG - this is overkill.
  • Just my 2 cents, for those complaining about this “destroying the Falcon!”
    The bomber, and every other Empire ship except for ITF, is slower than the Falcon. If you run Falcon, Bistan, Biggs, you can knock out whatever “key” ship is on the Empire lineup before they can take a turn. Assuming they use TIE Advanced, Emperor’s shuttle and Bomber, you can lead with Bistan applying target lock on the TIE advanced then Zerg it before they can take a turn. Home 1 will likely go before their ships as well, and a double assist has a good chance of taking out the emperor’s shuttle as well. All before they take 1 turn. Reinforce with Y-wing to ion cannon the Bomber, and it’s toast.
    So yeah, you can probably use it on offense to beat Rebel fleets, but don’t think you’re gonna be able to stand a chance if you put it in on defense. This ship doesn’t make Empire godly again in fleets (for those playing long enough to remember the days of ITF dodge roulette + Reaper race to the Ultimate), but it will help balance out the faction and make it playable again.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    https://youtu.be/ZU03RDckBZA

4* Bomber with mainly g12 Crew on other ships is enough to take down 7* Negotiator fleets
  • MD_Geist wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/ZU03RDckBZA

4* Bomber with mainly g12 Crew on other ships is enough to take down 7* Negotiator fleets

...if the AI doesn’t use mobilize as its first move.
  • MD_Geist
    298 posts Member
    Just my 2 cents, for those complaining about this “destroying the Falcon!”
    The bomber, and every other Empire ship except for ITF, is slower than the Falcon. If you run Falcon, Bistan, Biggs, you can knock out whatever “key” ship is on the Empire lineup before they can take a turn. Assuming they use TIE Advanced, Emperor’s shuttle and Bomber, you can lead with Bistan applying target lock on the TIE advanced then Zerg it before they can take a turn. Home 1 will likely go before their ships as well, and a double assist has a good chance of taking out the emperor’s shuttle as well. All before they take 1 turn. Reinforce with Y-wing to ion cannon the Bomber, and it’s toast.
    So yeah, you can probably use it on offense to beat Rebel fleets, but don’t think you’re gonna be able to stand a chance if you put it in on defense. This ship doesn’t make Empire godly again in fleets (for those playing long enough to remember the days of ITF dodge roulette + Reaper race to the Ultimate), but it will help balance out the faction and make it playable again.

You missed gauntlet which is the fastest ship around... And it is the only "Key ship" Rebels will Attack. ITF is risky and Bomber is not your target. ITF will also go with Basic First as AI move so TL Chance and than you are behind the bomber. As First RI the defense AI will bring palps Shuttle which offers great additional defense vs the crit Rebel fleet (and you already have burning on). The juicy "Key ships" you aim for are all at bench. Yes vs AI (as you saw vs Negotiator) smart players can win but i doubt it isnt easy now. The real problem is, most players own better geared rebel pilots compared to Empire.
  • Taxi
    6 posts Member
    hopefully this means we will get a few more empire ships like the defender in future to really flesh out the class would be awesome to have a full lineup of empire maybe even add the inquisitors ship with 7th sister or something
  • Taxi
    6 posts Member
    AntiHeld wrote: »
    This is like kicking somebody that is already on the ground. The 3rd ship/capital ship designed to shut down and kill a rebel fleet :/

Lol I'd say you got into the Falcon meta too late.

I certainly did get the falcon meta way too late but oh well even with all these counters it doesn't take away from how good the ship is and tbh it will be nice to not keep running into the same defense teams on GAC every time.
  • MD_Geist wrote: »
    Just my 2 cents, for those complaining about this “destroying the Falcon!”

You missed gauntlet which is the fastest ship around... And it is the only "Key ship" Rebels will Attack. ITF is risky and Bomber is not your target. ITF will also go with Basic First as AI move so TL Chance and than you are behind the bomber. As First RI the defense AI will bring palps Shuttle which offers great additional defense vs the crit Rebel fleet (and you already have burning on). The juicy "Key ships" you aim for are all at bench. Yes vs AI (as you saw vs Negotiator) smart players can win but i doubt it isnt easy now. The real problem is, most players own better geared rebel pilots compared to Empire.

If they were running Gauntlet, ITF, Bomber, I would, in fact, target bomber first. I doubt it's tanky enough to last 7-12 hits, which is how many shots you can get off in HMF, Bistan, Biggs before the bomber gets to take a turn:
    Bistan: target lock, 50% chance for Falcon assist (plus rebel assist)
    HMF: Hide, then basic, calling an assist
    Biggs: Special, calling assist. 50% chance for Falcon assist +1
    Home 1: Special, calling 2 to assist. If Falcon, +1.