Rey, artwork and an explanation...

I notice so much criticism about Rey and the artwork. I think it is pretty good.

One thing... as an artist - it's hard to beat the familiar eye.

For example, draw your hand. Does it look anything like your hand?

Hands are one of the hardest things for artists because the viewers sees it so much.

We will notice the measurments, the portions. If even the slightest thing is off, we notice it rather easily.

We see Rey's face all over. More than anyone else. We will be able to critique the likeness much easier, due to our exposure.

All I'm saying is, it might not be exact, but it's pretty good.

Replies

• TVF
    36527 posts Member
    or is it
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    it is terrible, CG really struggle with drawing women, I don;t know why but they do, Look at most of the women in game and they are awful!
  • @dsdsds you missed the entire point of the post, the point was that it's hard to make models of people in movies and games (especially mobile games) without making them look funny. It's never going to be perfect, so just accept that they tried to make something.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    I think the problem is in the 3d models forehead rather than the texture. See them doing it justice on Greef and Karga. Karga is the same breed of highly contrasted texture painting. I have this suspicion they might have based Greef's face texture on a photo.
  • Darth_Pepé_8008
    270 posts Member
    edited May 2020
    @dsdsds you missed the entire point of the post, the point was that it's hard to make models of people in movies and games (especially mobile games) without making them look funny. It's never going to be perfect, so just accept that they tried to make something.

mfstewac4v6w.jpg

nb2sytwyf2br.jpg

Did quite good with Gina Carano tho
  • Jakdnels
    786 posts Member
    Regarding artwork, the trailer for the Mandalorian event was really cool... Besides a weird profile view, new Rey doesn't look that much worse than Cara in my opinion. Rose, however looks like a potato. I don't like that model at all.
  • Piewalker
    200 posts Member
    @dsdsds you missed the entire point of the post, the point was that it's hard to make models of people in movies and games (especially mobile games) without making them look funny. It's never going to be perfect, so just accept that they tried to make something.

That argument doesn't stand up at all though as they managed to capture her likeness without it looking "funny" with the Scavenger and Jedi Training versions.
  • Btw what with Reys clothes? In character view at certain stance her clothes are in very weird unnormal position. Am i the only one who noticed it?
  • marxuke
    163 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    movkzdzel6ag.jpg

07npu9gfnd6i.jpg

Does her clothes have to stay like this.... like she is having an mens **** or some wires inside her dress.....
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member

All the women look worse than the men, compare the rogue one faction for instance or the GL's
  • Looks like the physics are off in the 3d model.
  • Fix your game CG and fire LD!
  • marxuke wrote: »
    movkzdzel6ag.jpg

07npu9gfnd6i.jpg

Does her clothes have to stay like this.... like she is having an mens **** or some wires inside her dress.....

nice, its fixed!
  • They fixed Rey, but now she is not spinning....hmmm....