Ahnalds account [MERGE]

Replies

• CG, this is a bad move. Not cool
  • That screenshot was eye opening, cheaters being able to negotiate out of a perma-ban and then get to choose when they serve their suspension.. what the hell? What a joke.
  • Deathbringer59
    562 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    No thats is a fresh alt account he made. Not against TOS. He got another one from another player which is the one that got banned. This game ain't the only one that do punishments for account sharing/giving/selling, all kinda fall in the same category for online games that do
  • Since they have shown cheating is not that severe by banning ahnald and not the other guy a lot more people (not me) are going to start cheating.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    CG is in a bad place....so their answer is to bring even more bad PR their way? BRILLIANT!!
  • CG, learn how to market your game properly. what a joke.
  • EA needs to investigate your violations of their cheating policies, account sharing aside. You dun goofed, CG.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    CG pretty good at making unpopular decisions, and then just disappearing from the forums for a month...so I would bet on another road ahead delay. Cause they cant come back here until this blows over...
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Eutus wrote: »
    Look, im not gonna go watch any of his videos to find out what happened. I dont want him in my youtube algorythms. But if you wanna tell me here, even if its a little exacerbated, im into it. I come here for the flaming bags of terds littered all over this dumpster fire. And this one sounds like a stinky one

Maybe their new tools autodetect enjoyment across all platforms and auto ban?

They didn't ban his main account, but another account that wasn't originally his

1. Account transfer is against the Terms of Service (Violation #1)

2. The other issue (unconfirmed) is that the account was originally a chinese account so there might be illegal crystal purchases (in the past) or since China is removing the game and CG is no longer supporting it after the next Title Update, the account was going to go away eventually

The second point is unconfirmed but Ahnald still has his main account which he has used for all his videos so far, so its not as big of a loss, and he's still able to make the same videos as he always has

That’s not entirely accurate. He has started making videos on the now-banned account because the roster was more complete. All of his recent videos dating back to The Mandalorian content for new releases and testing have come from that account. He mostly streams his GAC on his main; but this is a big loss for him and the community writ large.
  • DumbLuck29 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    Eutus wrote: »
    Look, im not gonna go watch any of his videos to find out what happened. I dont want him in my youtube algorythms. But if you wanna tell me here, even if its a little exacerbated, im into it. I come here for the flaming bags of terds littered all over this dumpster fire. And this one sounds like a stinky one

Maybe their new tools autodetect enjoyment across all platforms and auto ban?

They didn't ban his main account, but another account that wasn't originally his

1. Account transfer is against the Terms of Service (Violation #1)

2. The other issue (unconfirmed) is that the account was originally a chinese account so there might be illegal crystal purchases (in the past) or since China is removing the game and CG is no longer supporting it after the next Title Update, the account was going to go away eventually

The second point is unconfirmed but Ahnald still has his main account which he has used for all his videos so far, so its not as big of a loss, and he's still able to make the same videos as he always has

That’s not entirely accurate. He has started making videos on the now-banned account because the roster was more complete. All of his recent videos dating back to The Mandalorian content for new releases and testing have come from that account. He mostly streams his GAC on his main; but this is a big loss for him and the community writ large.

He streams the other on twitch.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Gambino369 wrote: »
    My god CG is a joke. This guy literally gives them FREE publicity and this is what you guys do. Literally the devs or whoever is in charge have got to be the dumbest people in the gaming community. What a shame

To be fair, he makes money off the videos. He isn't exactly doing it for free either.
  • Telperien
    350 posts Member
    CG what a completely stupid move. I am dumbfounded that the level of stupidity I mean are you running on one brain cell or something. Your ban of Ahnald's account is complete and total crap. Don't give me that crap of it is clearly against the rules crap when you cherry pick those same rules depending on who is breaking them. You guys are full of it.
  • Nurgle
    252 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    Is his Gary Unleashed account banned ?

It's an account from somebody else who quit playing and he took over. That's against the TOS.

Lucky for the cheaters that cheating isn‘t against the TOS.
    I‘M PICKLE RICK!
  • Telperien wrote: »
    CG what a completely stupid move. I am dumbfounded that the level of stupidity I mean are you running on one brain cell or something. Your ban of Ahnald's account is complete and total crap. Don't give me that crap of it is clearly against the rules crap when you cherry pick those same rules depending on who is breaking them. You guys are full of it.

They are running on one laptop.
  • I want my money back, you guys are full of schist.
  • Oml you made an account called Justice 4 Ahnald? Wow.
  • I cannot wait to see this thread get archived and watch as CG claims all their highlighted acts were justified.
    Shared accounts? Yeah it's against T.O.S, though they've NEVER acted on this previously from what I remember, or have observed in my 3 years playing this game.
    Cheating? Not only against their T.O.S, but against EA's own cheating policies, yet offers them back with a cuddle and a cry and a "It will be okay, just PLEASE don't do it again."
    Just you wait, I'm calling it now, the cheating will be completely ignored in this debacle.
  • you should unban him capital games.
  • Seriously CG. This is messed up. Not getting another dime from me! He IS your marketing team!
  • s8xuj3x28hq6.jpeg
  • Bert_298
    28 posts Member
    CG, your a bunch of ****. Negotiate with cheats and ban your best advertiser.
  • Malevolan
    370 posts Member
    so they kill the gamechangers program and get rid of all test accounts that these Youtubers used to test out new characters and squads, you know, free advertising for their game that gets people to whale out on these new marquee and legendary characters.. so he found another way to continue to make videos like that without a test account and he gets banned for it? I'd think CG would be all over this in a good way, here is a form of free advertising for your game, not just free, advertising that is paying you to whale out for new marquee characters and gear
    and they ban it?
    I thought CG was all about making more money. I thought that's all they cared about. they certainly don't care about balance or game integrity or cheating.
  • Seriously CG, you guys have not been doing well with your community, then you pull something like this? Get your act together or you won't have a game much longer. Especially doing something like this while the world is in a protesting and rioting mood (particularly america) maybe we should bring some of that over here and smack some sense into you. You probably wont see or care about my individual post but it's adding to the voices so that hopefully you can't ignore us. Even Palpatine knew he couldn't hold his empire without the people and as such didn't dissolve the senate directly after order 66. How does it feel to be worse than the Emperor?
  • Complete and utter ****. (Sorry if I have offended any horses). Cap games can supply us with any tools to determine when someone is cheating, can’t police the cheaters THEMSELVES, can’t (or refuses) to supply anything useful for the community to use for theory crafting. I’m dumbfounded by the stupidity of this decision as it gives exposure to all the things that cap games has failed at delivering to the community.
  • CG has become an absolute joke
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    Not another penny from me EA and CG until this is reversed. Bad look from a company that should be embracing content creators not targeting them.
  • Shame on you CG, we deserve better
  • MrUniverse wrote: »
    CG has become an absolute joke
    They have been for a while...