Replies

• Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    k5kdk0wdh953.png
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Backstabbed probably, by someone who knows he's using a shared account, he's a celebrity after all. Just saying.

No. He’s publicly revealed this stuff.

Oh, suicide, then.
  • Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Phoenixeon wrote: »
    Backstabbed probably, by someone who knows he's using a shared account, he's a celebrity after all. Just saying.

No. He’s publicly revealed this stuff.

Oh, suicide, then.
    To an extent, yes.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • SwordsLFD
    350 posts Member
    Banning him was a dumb move, from a PR standpoint, sharing info, and a bunch of other reasons. There is just no positive aspect to this. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    arnold has his account. are people reading this thread before posting or...?

The account he's been using for 90% of his content (that he's been whaling on) is being banned. So now he is going to have to spend thousands more to update characters. The issue is that there's a double standard on how CG responds to things that violate their TOS. Was he in violation of it? Sure. But he did it because they took test accounts away. So he decided to spend his own money on a different account that was farther along than his own and easier to test things. He also spends a fortune on crystals doing refreshes so he can test things. Those thousands of dollars he spent to test things are all gone, and if he wants to continue to do it he's going to have to spend thousands more. Yet "bad battles" get a one week suspension that you can pick and choose when it starts? You can't honestly say you don't see the issue in this....

why did he spend money on a different account? serious q.

I think he didn’t want tot inflate his roster so much.

bad decision in hindsight if so. They have/will communicate to him why it was banned, so I guess we'll see if he relays that info
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gosh darn it now half of my comments seem completely irrelevant!
    VaderB1 wrote: »
    LMAO you literally banned your biggest chearleader, of all the content creators, he was the least vocal about the MULTITUDE of problems in this game...

and you ban the account he was using to showcase and promote YOUR product.

You really have no god **** clue do you.
    Idk about you but he was pretty vocal compared to others.

Keep in mind he said least vocal, not that he was not vocal at all. I think that is 100% true.
  • TayloRen
    121 posts Member
    CG doesn't tend to care about accounts being transferred; they set clear precedent about that. Yet somehow, cheaters get to bargain about keeping their account, and a guy who takes over an account from a person who had spent over 50k gets banned? Plus, after taking this account over spends thousands of his own money to grow it and bring business to CG? This is a huge head scratcher.

Ahnald's channel has over 60m views and he's got a loyal following. This is a just a stupid business decision on CG's part.
  • nmilitello wrote: »
    Gosh darn it now half of my comments seem completely irrelevant!
    LMAO you literally banned your biggest chearleader, of all the content creators, he was the least vocal about the MULTITUDE of problems in this game...

Keep in mind he said least vocal, not that he was not vocal at all. I think that is 100% true.

Keep in mind I said compared to others, so compared to others he was vocal. Some people said nothing about it.
  • Dear Capital Games,

I have been playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes since October 2016. I love this game so much. Almost everyday I would come home from school and play this game, but over time I felt like I was losing interest in the game. Then one day I decided to look up SWGoH on YouTube to see if anyone made any videos for the game, and it was that day I came across AhnaldT101. That man is the only reason I have not yet quit this game. From that day forward I have watched so many videos from him and I never once lost interest in SWGoH. From him I was also introduced to CubsFan Han, MobileGamer, UrzZz, and so many more. This game all of a sudden had become a part of who I was.

Today I found out that you had banned one of AhnaldT101's accounts. I don't understand what you were trying to accomplish. The fact that you had the audacity to attack the biggest content creator for your game is just absurd. If this game has so much meaning to me, a random person who plays a game, just imagine what it must be like for Ahnald.

If you are human, you will realize the mistake that you have done. If you are human, you will apologize to him and every single person in the community. If you are human, you will communicate. If you are human, you will come to the conclusion that your player base is made of humans just like you.

Sincerely,
    A fellow human being.
  • marxuke123
    103 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Really. Thanks to Ahnald for keeping this game alive for me. Without the star wars theme that game would really suck, especially the people who make decision there. Awful. I mean how stupid can they be, really. its just without words. Take your sh together, CG, and do content in the game and show some respect to player base, not s nonsense.
  • Gotta say Ahnolds videos are a go to for completing events. Pretty lame

Keep in mind I said compared to others, so compared to others he was vocal. Some people said nothing about it.

What other major content creator was less vocal than him? Cubs? Mobilegamer? UrzZz? I can't think of one.
  • This is an actually good post. Not a complete rant. A sincere post. I like it. I’m sure lots of people can relate to this. But it’s not like they’re going to unban him just because he is a content creator, because then they’ll have people claiming it was just because he was a content creator etc.
  • Really... this is what you do after a lack of content and fobbed off road ahead posts... you try and turn more of the community against you than there already is out there disappointed with the ongoing poor performance from cg. My god, what’s going to be in the road ahead... “we are now going to ban all accounts who’ve watched any of the content creators videos” followed by “big things happening, more on that next month” absolute trash company. Definitely last time I’m coming to this forum, I’d already stopped commenting for a while but had to put this out there. Terrible
  • Repost from RC Raider.

"I have been playing SWGOH for a few years now. I really enjoy the game and when i have the extra money I try and support the game by spending money. The main reason I stay interested in the game is because of the youtube channels I watch. Recently though, especially since the GL update, these youtube channels have brought to light some shameful conduct on the part of Capitol Games. These youtube creators shared their opinion on the GL update. Even though it was a negative opinion, it was an opinion that was shared by the majority of the SWGOH community. Ever since these events, almost all the content creators I watch on youtube have reported shameful conduct by Capitol Games which includes shutting them out of the Game changer program, threatening their youtube channels, and even banning their accounts.
    If this is the response a game developer shows towards people who have helped the game in ways such as free advertising, providing important information for new players and by just making the community better overall, they should be ashamed.
    I have decided to personally boycott spending any further money on SWGOH until I see a better attitude from this company. It un-acceptable that a company responds in this way to negative feedback from their community. I will also recommend to my guild members they do the same.
    If things don't change we will probably just leave the game. I refuse to be part of game that warns cheaters before they are banned, but someone who actually helps the community and provides free advertising for the game is treated like a criminal just because of an honest opinion is perma-banned. Shameful."
    nmilitello wrote: »

What other major content creator was less vocal than him? Cubs? Mobilegamer? UrzZz? I can't think of one.
    There were a few. If I remember correctly you had people like ItsJustIan. Smaller content creators.
  • Banjo
    40 posts Member
    Mobile gamer says it best this company or its leadership is just a group of greed and cowardice...a shadow of what they were 3 years ago and it’s not just that ahnalds account is banned it’s pretty much everything in this game or anything that surrounds it. Just pull the plug and let her die. Let another company have a shot.
  • Dyvrik
    11 posts Member
    CG you gotta be dumb as a sack of hammers to do this, seriously quit sniffing glue on work time. Lucifers Daddy bargains with an acknowledged cheater, letting the cheater decide what week to be suspended. Have you lost your darn minds?

The SWGoH content creators are the only thing keeping this dead game going. You silly cash grab characters arent keeping you jobs secure, its the content creators. Good job cutting your nose off to spite your face.
  • Wow CG is a really terrible game developer. You're doing a far worse job than all your peers.
  • Besteve wrote: »
    Anyone defending their decision must be a person who stops fully at every stop sign.

But is that not the point? Bad example in my eyes.
  • Despicable, letting an offense such as cheating slide, but someone shared an account? That's apparently the greater offense. Good to know this game has integrity. #BringAhnaldBack
  • morphi
    5 posts Member
    Shame!
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Legend91 wrote: »
    k5kdk0wdh953.png

Ban them. Ban them all.
  • This is absolutely despicable how you are treating your community CG, this is messed up.
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    So outrageous....
  • What's the next banning offense, CG? Someone forgetting to lift the toilet seat?
  • Ahnald's videos were the best publicity for your game. His videos are the main thing that hypes me to play and keep going. This is very disappointing. I think you're shooting yourselves in the foot on this one. I don't really see myself continuing to play if this is how you treat someone who is that passionate about the game.
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020