A difference of 2: IG-86 v IG-88

I'm currently trying to break into the top 20 on my server but am having a bit of trouble doing so. My current team is QGJ (Lead), Lumi, Sid, GS, and Poggle.

I've decided to drop Sid in favour of either IG-86 or IG-88, both having good synergies with Poggle and giving the player another high-priority target during defense. I'm tempted to go with 88 since he brings an AoE (which I can use to bypass taunts), has a chance to duplicate Sid's heal block and is slightly faster than 86. 86, though, gives me an assist which usually means another dead opponent.

Thoughts? Is there another substitution which might be more beneficial?

Replies

• I'm liking 86 for this....many will be here soon to tell you how easily 88 goes down, but aside from that killing the taunt will bypass it as well. And 86 is better at killing single targets than 88 is. But if you are thinking a big hit on another character leaves them almost dead but their RG taunts, then I can't fault you for leaning that way. These guys don't compete with each other shardwise, though. You may just need both??
  • To be honest, 88 gets sniped alot. He will be number 1 target for AI. My 86 hits harder and more durable. 88 shines a bit when the other team are debuffed or dotted. He does extra damage then. My team, first to die is 88, second is either lum or 86. Rest of team are just waiting to be killed because they lack the firepower of the first 3.
    Ingame name Daremo
    Player Ally Code: 631-533-975
  • If you put in IG-88 he would get targeted first for sure and in my opinion he is more valuable to a droid team or an AoE heavy team. My vote goes towards IG-86 since your team is already designed around single-target DPS not AoE.
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    Try Poggle (L), IG86, QGJ, GS, Lumi (or Sid)

Poggle's lead gives a great boost to both 86 and GS. I am currently running something similar with Dooku instead of Lumi. I finish top 5 every day and usually do not fall below the teens.
  • Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. IG-86 is almost ready for Arena (I still need to give his abilities some love), so I'll try him out first to see how he does. It should definitely help either kill a toon or take down RG down that much faster (and I'm starting to run into RG a lot more).
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Plasmaj wrote: »

Poggle's lead gives a great boost to both 86 and GS. I am currently running something similar with Dooku instead of Lumi. I finish top 5 every day and usually do not fall below the teens.

Interesting...
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • JoshG
    908 posts Member

Hey Gooby!

Good team though for sure. I'm just glad you aren't on my payout time!!
  • Plasmaj
    297 posts Member
    JoshG wrote: »

Hey Gooby!

Good team though for sure. I'm just glad you aren't on my payout time!!

Hey smooth!
    well, I do need to change things up soon. I think the longer I run the same team, the more people get acquainted with strategies of beating it.