Give ONE Good Reason to Farm Rey Over SLKR (other than LSGTB)

Prev1
Slaveen
481 posts Member
Title says it all.

You can’t say “because LSBTB” is more difficult so she is better for the guild. I got it. One good reason other than LSGTB.

Replies

• Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Asks for a reason, removes best reason.
    That isn't how this is supposed to work.
  • Turasleon
    179 posts Member
    I mean, what's the good reason for farming SLKR over Rey? They're both insanely good characters, and each has some small benefit over the other.

In this case, it's easily another 4 waves per phase in lstb. If that isn't enough for you, I don't know what is.
  • None. CG BLOW.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

Reasons to farm SLKR over GL Rey:
    1) Better PvP
    2) Better PvE in raids
    3) More plug and play friendly
    4) Better for GAC because he can 2-man GL Rey
    5) Only other Galactic Legends can beat him

Reasons to farm GL Rey over SLKR:
    1) LSGTB

Oh by the way, as soon as more PvE content comes out, this point (LSGTB) is irrelevant.

• Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Turasleon wrote: »
    I mean, what's the good reason for farming SLKR over Rey? They're both insanely good characters, and each has some small benefit over the other.

In this case, it's easily another 4 waves per phase in lstb. If that isn't enough for you, I don't know what is.

^ see my post above
  • Sanderzas
    581 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »

Oh by the way, as soon as more PvE content comes out, this point (LSGTB) is irrelevant.

I think it's 'if' and not 'as soon as'
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited June 2020

1) Better PvP
    2) Better PvE in raids

1) LSGTB

He also has a better long term value and only gets stronger as progression systems could scale up (higher stat boosts from mods and relics) and him benefitting from those stat increases thanks to his siphon mechanic. Rey's damage right now is incredibly high early on in the match with her ~300k whirlwind however that could turn into mediocrity in the future when some tanks might exceed that numbers.
    But let's see first if this game is gonna survive that long...
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    Title says it all.

You can’t say “because LSBTB” is more difficult so she is better for the guild. I got it. One good reason other than LSGTB.

LS Hoth TB?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • I chose to farm Kylo when GL kit was not even released so we were in the dark.

Reason i chose him over Rey is just he is more cool in the movies than Rey who just cries like a baby
  • Fluffite
    10 posts Member
    Because I'm already to far gone with the upgrades to resistance and it will be months before I'll ever get close to kylo so will I imagine never bother to get kylo.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

1) Better PvP
    2) Better PvE in raids

1) LSGTB

Better pvp?
    No.
    Better pve
    Yes.
    More plug and play friendly?
    No.
    2man gl rey?
    No. Sure it has been done but it can just as easily be countered. Making claims like this hurts any point you could make.
    Only other GLs can beat him?
    No. Unless you're saying the gas teams in my arena that still beat skylos are hacking...?

For pvp, yes. A skylo TEAM is better than a Rey team imo, but as a toon Rey is much better, for example a Rey with a bunch of misfits can drop a GAS team but the same cannot be said for skylo. Pvp isn't always just about the highest echelon of one team beating another.

For plug and play, this is a turn based game and gaining tm is bad with skylo, that is permanently detrimental to any team he's in. Just because Rey is better as a leader in all teams she's in doesn't mean she is worse as plug and play, i don't see how this can be asserted with any certainty.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    if you are losing in pvp with rey you are probably doing something wrong

1) Better PvP
    2) Better PvE in raids

1) LSGTB

5 is clearly incorrect
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    if you are losing in pvp with rey you are probably doing something wrong

1) Better PvP
    2) Better PvE in raids

1) LSGTB

5 is clearly incorrect
    Wait, what non GL teams can counter him? From what I’ve witnessed GAS is not very effective anymore.

I have a bad feeling about this.
  • flux_rono
    2119 posts Member

1) Better PvP
    2) Better PvE in raids

1) LSGTB

Kylo better in PvP offense
    Rey is still amazing in defense

Kylo isnt plug and play friendly, ive only seen videos of him with first order and malak. (That could have changed recently but ive never seen it)
    Rey on the ither hand ive seen with jawa makeing work get done, with CUP, and Jedi guardian, ect. She has vastly better plug and play ability. Granted on defesne she mainly uses her 1 team, but still any lightside can be used and still have stuff get done.

How does beating 1 team make you better for GAC? If people cant beat rey on defesne shes still better for it as shes holding the line. And if she loses you can almost bet they ruined 2+ good teams just to beat her (even 1 shots can have waisted 2 teams)

• Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Rose is META at relic 5!
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Ahahaha this is really fun ^^

All those Kylo users saying Rey is not that bad.

Good luck beating a Real kylo team (not the crappy FO team you see everywhere) i am talking about the real one with sith empire. On the other side, you can eat any Rey team with non GL counters. The equation is simple, stop spreading lies.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Title says it all.

Why?

Pick the one you want. If your heart is already set on Kylo, then go for Kylo.

They are both very good and very powerful. Why should we sell you when you've already made up your mind?
    Still not a he.

1) Better PvP
    2) Better PvE in raids

1) LSGTB

1. Debatable. I fall in squad arena just as much now as I did before the buff...and it’s losses to Rey teams.
    2. Cool, I can be better in a 2 year old event.
    3. Nope
    4. And a padme team with no GLs can beat SLKR.
    5. Nope

If LSGTB is irrelevant once new pve content comes out, then how can SLKR being better at HSTR be on the list?
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    People doesn’t want to unlock the ultimare ability of Rey because she is more easly countered... that is just bad design...
  • Drim
    359 posts Member
    gflegui wrote: »
    People doesn’t want to unlock the ultimare ability of Rey because she is more easly countered... that is just bad design...

Should this be fixed it’s kind a like paper zombie that can’t be what the Dev team intended? Add this to the list of fix Rey

• Because you dig women with enormous chins
  • Mark Dickenson needs a new boat.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member

1) Better PvP
    2) Better PvE in raids

1) LSGTB

HSTR is still the most consistent, reliable, and quickest way to end-game gear.
  • Legend91 wrote: »

1) Better PvP
    2) Better PvE in raids

1) LSGTB

He also has a better long term value and only gets stronger as progression systems could scale up (higher stat boosts from mods and relics) and him benefitting from those stat increases thanks to his siphon mechanic. Rey's damage right now is incredibly high early on in the match with her ~300k whirlwind however that could turn into mediocrity in the future when some tanks might exceed that numbers.
    But let's see first if this game is gonna survive that long...

Geez 300k potentially being mediocre in the future really makes me regret my GL Rey farm instead of going for kylo.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    From Larcecate on Reddit: “The only thing that Rey has on Kylo is that she gives about 400-500k more LSTB points once a month to your guild. She often struggles to 4/4 in P3+ as well from what I've seen and those TB points are a drop in the bucket for that mode.

Compare that to Kylo who is necessary for high finishes in HSTR these days, which is a much more consistent source of rewards...yea, its a no brainer to go Kylo.”

Honestly, if you are arguing that Rey is comparable to SLKR, you’re a Capital Games Company Man through and through.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    I didn't even have my FO team at G12 (and still don't) but I had almost half the requirements for Rey already done when they were announced?

Already having the JTR team at R7 for HSTR + several other resistance chars at G12 or close to for both the JTR unlock and for random fleet things/pvp/those times I'm not needed for P1 and RT is better than finn

It's also why I'm going to go for Kylo rather than go grab GAS after I'm done with Rey. Still closer to him, hilariously enough.

The numbers are only close for whales. For anyone that's not a whale, odds are VERY high that Rey was significantly cheaper to get than Kylo was, because prior to Hux, almost no one used FO, but Rey has consistently been one of the best raid teams as well as a fairly decent counter to a number of pvp teams for quite a while now. (including malak at low relics/below 300 speed) The simple fact is that people went for Rey almost exclusively because it would be faster. And not everyone is in a guild where they need Kylo to be top 3 in HSTR. I'm still #1 without either like 50% of the time, #2 the other 50%. And in all honesty, unless someone WITH Kylo joins, that's not changing until I'm going to be fairly close because no one in my guild is working on him until close to the point I'm going to be, but I'll have Rey + very consistent #1 HSTR finishes over them, so will probably farm him faster.
    From Larcecate on Reddit: “The only thing that Rey has on Kylo is that she gives about 400-500k more LSTB points once a month to your guild. She often struggles to 4/4 in P3+ as well from what I've seen and those TB points are a drop in the bucket for that mode.

Compare that to Kylo who is necessary for high finishes in HSTR these days, which is a much more consistent source of rewards...yea, its a no brainer to go Kylo.”

Honestly, if you are arguing that Rey is comparable to SLKR, you’re a Capital Games Company Man through and through.

Like how you didn't respond to ANY of the MANY rebuttals that people have mentioned where Rey is superior, instead repeating your points like a broken recorder

CG has no incentive to even promote the idea that Kylo is better than rey. I'd argue the opposite given that raddus ships are significantly harder than finalizer, and more people have FO relicd than Resistance.

1) Better PvP
    2) Better PvE in raids

1) LSGTB

HSTR is still the most consistent, reliable, and quickest way to end-game gear.

So you agree with everything else I said?