Ship arena extreme variations of rng

Prev1
eben75IL
39 posts Member
I m very tired . It s not the first time but , this week all fights are with bad rng , opponent ships faster and hit harder and it s painful . Now I m fighting exactly the same teams than the week before since some time as Kenobi fleet are stabilized now , no great news , every pilots maxed etc... and I was able to climb easier against the same opponents (no new player or anything like this) maybe loosing 1/5 fight . Now I m loosing 4/5 with extremely weird effects like enemy ship faster ( same ships ) and more powerful (same pilots level) and more constantly the same . That makes the game very bad and tiring . It s absolutely not funny and interesting . There isn’t any strategy there . Please stop this and don’t tell statistically it s possible . A full week of the same **** shouldn’t be possible . Thank you for your understanding

Replies

• Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Gear
    6e mods
    Valor
  • In complete mirrors, there is some very frustrating rng, for sure.

Like, which 5s goes first? Then shortly afterwards when you’ve got both cap ships, both JKA at full TM, the order those next 4 moves go makes an enormous difference to the outcome of the battle.

I think the best solution is to change lineups so you’re not a hostage to fortune so much of the time.
  • I don't know about a whole bad week but bad days happen. Between bad RNG, confirmation bias, and being propelled into full tilt by such confirmation bias, it's not uncommon to have a losing streak.

IIUC ship speed is determined by some very generic factors, so if both you and your opponent have everything maxed out on the same ships, they would have the same speed, and who gets to move first is rng. It would appear that your opponent's ship is faster while it in fact just won a coin toss.
  • eben75IL
    39 posts Member
    Thank you for your answer Darjelo Salas . My issue is that it s like a week package . I understand that I could have a rng variable , but previous week I m able to reach 1 with 3 fights . This week now , I m like 10 fights, loosing 6 or 7 , to reach 1. That a terrible rng happens a full week is not a normal thing .
    ( and Rath Tarr, that s nice to let le know that gear , 6E and Valor are all new from this week )
    The thing is I m tired of that . It s absolutely not fun on the contrary . In my opinion the whole ingame economy is contrary to fun, and when that kind of thing repeatedly happens , it s so tiring and disgusting .
  • You wouldn’t like life in my shard. Some days it’s 10 battles to take PO when I win them all!
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    eben75IL wrote: »
    ( and Rath Tarr, that s nice to let le know that gear , 6E and Valor are all new from this week )
    They are all relevant details that people who are complaining about ships commonly miss and I do not have enough information to judge your competence level.
  • eben75IL
    39 posts Member
    I understand but no it’s not working at all . Even lower level teams are faster and hit harder and it s not statistically logical that suddenly all the opponents are faster and hit harder . And it makes all things completely stupid .
  • The fact that there are full weeks with rng vs me and weeks in between with normal battles is proven for me . Past week I was able to climb with 3 battles. This week is the most caricatural stupidity I m seeing with bad rng . For exemple à lower gear lower power Malevolence one shot every single ship I have from the start . Don’t tell me it s gear it s not true don’t tell me tales , there is no sense at all in these game , it s only playing with my nerves that s all . It s not anymore interesting as it s non sensical. And yes it s the same opponents . Please stop that stupidity . Thank you
  • Truth : G12 yes 12 Geos with R5 Grievous . I have a full relic Kenobi R7 Anakin R7 Five R6 Bossk and they were all one shot from start . When I tried my Geos All three R6 with R7 Grievous , I m never able to one shot any opponent ships. So sorry yes it s caricatural and stupid . Sorry for this game . But the non logical structure of it makes it a suffering .
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    Malevolence cannot one-shot anything. More facts,.less drama.
  • You re mistaken . Opponents ships that is Sun Fac G12 and both bot ships one shot ETA2 , then Htooth then Five , I ve reinforced with Ashoka but to do what ? Anakin R7 Five R6 Ashoka R7 . And I m tired . It s not drama . It s stupid
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I run Malevolence and can take #1 in my shard. I've never, ever one-shotted anything.
  • I ve never one shot anything either with my R6 Geo so why this comp in defense one shot my team in a few seconds ?
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Post a video if you can.
  • How do you take a video of your phone screen ?
  • eben75IL wrote: »
    How do you take a video of your phone screen ?

Lots do, pretty sure there's an app for that.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Fathertaylor
    90 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    In mirror matches I’d suggest you switch fives for Ahsoka if you want less randomness. Fives gives turnmeter to the opposing ship. Since I assume you go after Anakin first, this means the opposing Anakin goes next and can use its special to get protection up. Also because you hit their Anakin, their HT will go next (unless they also have fives). So now you’re stuck behind their HT with their Anakin with protection up. The opposing Negotiator will use their mobilize if they go first and you’re in a tough battle.

Ashoka avoids the turnmeter problems with Anakin. This leaves their Anakin open longer and gets you the necessary hits on it before the Negotiators start taking turns.

I also can’t see a way that a Geo team could one shot your ships. Maybe if you hit Soldier and he uses his special right away they could pop Ahsoka, but once your HT goes, they shouldn’t be able to kill anything for a few turns.
    You re mistaken . Opponents ships that is Sun Fac G12 and both bot ships one shot ETA2 , then Htooth then Five , I ve reinforced with Ashoka but to do what ? Anakin R7 Five R6 Ashoka R7 . And I m tired . It s not drama . It s stupid

That is a tactical error, against malevolence you should (almost) always reinforce Plo Koon first to cleanse the Buzz droids from your ships that the Hyena bomber is placing with it’s AOE, that will stop the vulture droids (including the summoned ones) from mass assisting every attack, then the next round he can use his 2nd special on your taunting tank to renew it’s taunt and cleanse any new buzz droids the Vultures have placed on it.

The AI flat out cannot play the malevolence to anything like it's full potential while on defense, over the course of probably 300-500 Negotiator Vs. Malevolence matches, my negotiator has lost only Once on offense.
    You re mistaken . Opponents ships that is Sun Fac G12 and both bot ships one shot ETA2 , then Htooth then Five , I ve reinforced with Ashoka but to do what ? Anakin R7 Five R6 Ashoka R7 . And I m tired . It s not drama . It s stupid

Use eta ywing rex and reinforce with plo. Pretty much winnable with just those 4 ships about half the time while the 5th (Usually fives or ahsoka) just guarantees a win. Just make sure you don’t call to assist on hyena - rex removes TM which may result in hyena moving after ur first reinforcement (plo).
    Truth : G12 yes 12 Geos with R5 Grievous . I have a full relic Kenobi R7 Anakin R7 Five R6 Bossk and they were all one shot from start . When I tried my Geos All three R6 with R7 Grievous , I m never able to one shot any opponent ships. So sorry yes it s caricatural and stupid . Sorry for this game . But the non logical structure of it makes it a suffering .

How about don’t use fives and bossk because that’s a weak offensive lineup and fives is terrible on defense against nego (makes the attacker’s eta go first). Every match against a fives eta bossk lineup is a 100% win for me cause my eta just goes right after opposing fives and places buff immunity on opposing eta (no valor for him).
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    @eben75IL If you are getting "one shot" (I assume you mean killed with mass assists) when fighting separatist fleets then I'd recommend that you read up on how buzz droids work and how to better counter them.
  • Thank you for all the comments but people do not understand the issue : the G12 Malevolence fleet is caricatural for its absurd defense win . The issue is that they one shot from the start . You can read and reread their kit , I ve never managed to do that with my R6 Geo Malevolance fleet . Now this same G12 Malevolence fleet I ve no issue on normal weeks or what I think is normal . But losing because the game is doing what its want not because I m not at level against that makes the game a suffering . The exact sequence : I put a lock on one of their ship , they kill ETA2 ( they go two times ) they kill HT I reinforce Ashoka they kill Five , I quit . You can do what you want but if on these weeks they super fast hitting super hard taking turns like breathing, I m sorry but no theorycraft can counter that kind of stupidity. And when it’s normal I don’t have any single issue to take out this fleet . It happens too with defense Kenobi fleets : on bad weeks they all always start faster than mines whatever gear level , target locks etc , they all hits like trucks and mine like mosquitos they all get super fast and get TM . And on normal weeks , I ve issue only against some comp but I usually have no problems to climb . I get destroyed because of what people call rng , but to this extent it s completely absurd . I won’t keep on calling that rng. That s really make the game a suffering not knowing what kind of day it will be , an horrible illogical one or a normal one . And no, it’s not like 50% of encounters , when it’s terrible it’s terrible during all day encounters . And it’s not the first time I ve lived through that ,so I m tired .
  • Moreover yesterday the third time I fought this Malevolence comp with my team its finally turned to normal, so they weren’t taking turn like madness or one shooting my fleet , and my team managed to hit normally and not like sending peanuts and I won . So the issue for me is really , that extreme variance in the defense stats .
    Thank you for all the comments but people do not understand the issue : the G12 Malevolence fleet is caricatural for its absurd defense win . The issue is that they one shot from the start . You can read and reread their kit , I ve never managed to do that with my R6 Geo Malevolance fleet . Now this same G12 Malevolence fleet I ve no issue on normal weeks or what I think is normal . But losing because the game is doing what its want not because I m not at level against that makes the game a suffering . The exact sequence : I put a lock on one of their ship , they kill ETA2 ( they go two times ) they kill HT I reinforce Ashoka they kill Five , I quit . You can do what you want but if on these weeks they super fast hitting super hard taking turns like breathing, I m sorry but no theorycraft can counter that kind of stupidity. And when it’s normal I don’t have any single issue to take out this fleet . It happens too with defense Kenobi fleets : on bad weeks they all always start faster than mines whatever gear level , target locks etc , they all hits like trucks and mine like mosquitos they all get super fast and get TM . And on normal weeks , I ve issue only against some comp but I usually have no problems to climb . I get destroyed because of what people call rng , but to this extent it s completely absurd . I won’t keep on calling that rng. That s really make the game a suffering not knowing what kind of day it will be , an horrible illogical one or a normal one . And no, it’s not like 50% of encounters , when it’s terrible it’s terrible during all day encounters . And it’s not the first time I ve lived through that ,so I m tired .

If this is indeed the case, there definitely sounds like some kind of bug - but as you are the only one on the forums reporting this problem, so it must be a very rare bug.

You do say that when it is a ‘horrible, illogical day’, it stays that way all day - is there any way that you can be set up to record video of both Negotiator and Malevolence battles the next time a bad day occurs and upload it for us to see?

That would help us as a community self-diagnose the problem, and it would also give you some evidence to provide when submitting a bug report to the developers so that it can be addressed and in the future neither you nor any other players will suffer from this issue.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Thank you for all the comments but people do not understand the issue : the G12 Malevolence fleet is caricatural for its absurd defense win . The issue is that they one shot from the start .

No, they don't. If you want our help you need to provide more detail. Separatist fleets DON'T "one shot from the start".
    You can read and reread their kit , I ve never managed to do that with my R6 Geo Malevolance fleet . Now this same G12 Malevolence fleet I ve no issue on normal weeks or what I think is normal . But losing because the game is doing what its want not because I m not at level against that makes the game a suffering . The exact sequence : I put a lock on one of their ship , they kill ETA2 ( they go two times ) they kill HT I reinforce Ashoka they kill Five , I quit .

You didn't read up on how buzz droids work like I recommended, did you? If you had a clue you would know which ship to bring in as your first reinforcement.

No, you're not crushed by RNG. You need to read up on kits.
  • Again you re wrong and yes they one shot my ships @Waqui . @TheJEFFtm please let me know how I do record on my phone and I ll do that .
    Again you re wrong and yes they one shot my ships @Waqui . @TheJEFFtm please let me know how I do record on my phone and I ll do that .

Don’t know what kind of device you are on, but I am sure a quick google search can tell you the required steps for your exact device and operating system.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Again you re wrong and yes they one shot my ships @Waqui . @TheJEFFtm please let me know how I do record on my phone and I ll do that .

I'm looking forward to seeing your recording. Alternatively, you could describe what goes on. "They one-shot my ship" is not exact enough if you want help or want players to believe you.