Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker

Replies

• How much is this going to cost? I dont think EA gets that people are playing the free game because its free and a lot dont have a job right now.
  • Most anticipated character for me and what I wanted to be able to counter GL's because I don't like the sequel characters and will never invest in them.
    Guess that's it for me, nothing to look forward to in this game anymore. I'm out.
  • [quote=lol @ the anti-Old Republic Synergy[/quote]

Lol me too. We don’t need another JKR meta incident
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    therev71 wrote: »
    How much is this going to cost? I dont think EA gets that people are playing the free game because its free and a lot dont have a job right now.

then don't get him the first time his event runs?
  • Ljaat
    86 posts Member
    JediRobb wrote: »
    CLS has more zetas than JKLS.

Ok, I laughed at this.

Honestly tho.. no rebel tag and leader doesn't work against a team with a GL?? He's just meh. Not going in on this at all. Sad b/c I was excited for this.
  • C3Peio
    37 posts Member
    He's not a rebel?? How in the world?!
    All the toons needed for the unlock, of course, are rebels. But not Luke Skywalker...
    OK. Sure. Thanks
  • Yeah it’s too bad about the galactic legend stuff, but I’m still confident someone will find a crazy team with JKLS and four other random characters that can beat a GL.

Also I’m looking forward to what could be a race to have the lowest possible speed on a character lol.
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    wharp wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Special 1: Stalwart Advance (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call another target ally to assist. Target enemy is inflicted with Blind for 2 turns.

Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker gains Jedi's Will for 2 turns, which can't be dispelled, copied, or prevented. If other target ally is a Jedi, who is not Old Republic, they also gain Jedi's Will for 2 turns.

Jedi's Will: +100% Counter Chance, +25% Offense, +25% Speed, and all attacks ignore Defense

Hmmn, no ally assist on the preview, bug?

Yet again we get to witness the amazing graphics produced by CG.
    Such artwork!
    This is also a big premiere: the very first bug before a character gets actually released!
    CG PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY!! :cough: NOT!
  • Not that I'll have him till next year but just trying to think of who are obvious for you put in a group with him in something like GAC/TW for full roster.

Old Ben
    Hermit Yoda
    Kanan or Ezra (Leaving Sabine as 5th in Phx team)
    Random Galactic Republic Jedi.... Qui-Gon, Consular etc etc.

Sadly you won't use the the homeless Juhani in this group.
    I'm really not sure what this accomplishes except give another "Leader" to the GR Jedi faction.
    Shame he doesn't have synergy with Rebels as wells as Jedi the way Lando has Scoundrels/Rebels.

• Si0n
    117 posts Member
    Yotommy wrote: »
    Can anyone see the Road Ahead behind this cloud of disappointment?

That road’s still under construction it seems. But hey, we just got 6 new packs! Who needs a road ahead when we got packs?!
  • Is he not a rebel just so we dont get a triple luke team+Han and Chewie?
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    First thing I noticed was synergy suggestions. 4 chars who have established teams and uses.

All the possibilities to incorporate synergies and uses for the numerous characters in our rosters that have been just sitting there gaining dust and this is the best CG can come up with?

Lazy and boring

Let’s not be negative about this. The sinergies make perfect sense. The same way it made sense to sinergise the resistence fleet with Ebon Hawk and Lando’s Falcon.
    I mean, don’t you see the obvious? Everything has been thought of in the smallest detail.
  • That tiny **** of hope I felt for this game has been snuffed by the iron heel of CG.
  • Is he not a rebel just so we dont get a triple luke team+Han and Chewie?

2 Hans,2 Luke's,1 chewy
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    How much is this going to cost? I dont think EA gets that people are playing the free game because its free and a lot dont have a job right now.

Crumb answered to your question in the game updates section. We are finally gettin MORE PACKS!!!
  • Not to nitpick, but, does anyone actually remember Luke Skywalker using a "Force Push" even 1 time, in 5 movies?

I'm really having trouble trying to recall him using telekinesis for anything but summoning his Lightsaber.
  • Ultra wrote: »

Ultra even you have to admit that CG is tone deaf in all this. It’s just disgusting how out of touch they are with this community.
  • The fact that he is not a rebel and does nothing for rebels just killed a lot my interest in this game. I've been holding out hope that something awesome was around the corner, instead it's just a steaming pile of disappointment...
  • They should at least rework Lando Calrissian... Put him in relic 3 is so painful...
  • Si0n
    117 posts Member
    Not to nitpick, but, does anyone actually remember Luke Skywalker using a "Force Push" even 1 time, in 5 movies?

I'm really having trouble trying to recall him using telekinesis for anything but summoning his Lightsaber.

This is based on the same principle of the iconic rebel Y-wing which played a critical amd central role in the distruction of the Deathstar. If you’re really really focused you could see the ship fly for a split of a second.
    Same goes with Luke here, you just have to play the movie in slo-mo.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    As always, people are quick to crap on him before his event has even run. It's like nobody can remember anything that happened more than a week ago.

I like him on paper. Clearly going to be worth getting.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• No Tuskens required??
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »

Ultra even you have to admit that CG is tone deaf in all this. It’s just disgusting how out of touch they are with this community.
    I'm not seeing how they are being tone-deaf or out of touch

Its a freemium game, there is always a "Pay if you want it" aspect if you are unprepared with events. Its been like this for 4+ years

Unfortunately for me, I am unable to get Jedi Luke at this stage because of the requirements

Fortunately for me, JKL isn't appealing enough (no rebel tag, breaks too many teams, no JKR/Jolee/Bastila synergy) to encourage me to spend on him
  • Ahhh the final cash grab
  • ZAP wrote: »
    Even though I won’t get him first time around, I will say the reqs are fairly attainable for a lot of players to get within the first 3 times he comes around.

CG was in a tough spot on how to introduce JKL, especially in the heels of GLs and I think they did pretty well considering.

How this all plays out is yet to be seen, but aside from their lazy synergy suggestions, I see lots of positive things from this.

Yeah, agreed...Really the requirements aren't that bad. Only a few characters that aren't already good characters that most people have geared up (Lando/Rolo/CHS). All of the other ones are common G12/relics already. Not sure what people were wanting, it just to be 5-G12 characters? They were also all pretty obvious characters that would be needed, nothing random like Palp for KRU
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Ahhh the final cash grab

Jedi Knight Revan release: "This is it, the final cash grab"
    Darth Revan release: "Haha oh man 2 Revans? Last gasp for CG!"
    Darth Malak release: "OH JEEZ THEY'RE REALLY STRUGGLING YOU GUYS THIS IS THE END"
    General Skywalker release: "Haha oh boy that's it they're really out of ideas, game over fellas"
    Galactic Legends release: "LOOK AT THOSE RELIC REQUIREMENTS THIS IS THE FINAL SQUEEZE ON THE WHALES"

But no, I'm sure you're right this time.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• DrMorpheus wrote: »
    Yeah it’s too bad about the galactic legend stuff, but I’m still confident someone will find a crazy team with JKLS and four other random characters that can beat a GL.

Also I’m looking forward to what could be a race to have the lowest possible speed on a character lol.

It's base speed. So it won't be affected by mods or buffs.