Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker

Replies

• Valeran
    119 posts Member
    I always watch new characters and their kits with excitement but I'm a little bit disappointed with his synergies. It's obvious that they are chronologically wrong meaning the developers won't even care about that just make him good with one of the worts paywall event characters a nightmare to unlock. Also, where's the rebel tag?

Anyway, good luck for those who can afford unlocking him. Hope to see some tests, especially in raids!
  • Seriously, why no Rebel Tag? What gives with forcing us to pull other Jedi into the fold but not JKR? I really don't want to break up 501st, Padme, and JKR.
  • Because Aayla, Plo, Kit, and Lumi are so OP we don't *NEED* a rebel tag.
  • Valeran
    119 posts Member
    Si0n wrote: »
    Yotommy wrote: »
    Can anyone see the Road Ahead behind this cloud of disappointment?

That road’s still under construction it seems. But hey, we just got 6 new packs! Who needs a road ahead when we got packs?!

Wonder when will they introduce death sticks to the game.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Ahhh the final cash grab

Jedi Knight Revan release: "This is it, the final cash grab"
    Darth Revan release: "Haha oh man 2 Revans? Last gasp for CG!"
    Darth Malak release: "OH JEEZ THEY'RE REALLY STRUGGLING YOU GUYS THIS IS THE END"
    General Skywalker release: "Haha oh boy that's it they're really out of ideas, game over fellas"
    Galactic Legends release: "LOOK AT THOSE RELIC REQUIREMENTS THIS IS THE FINAL SQUEEZE ON THE WHALES"

But no, I'm sure you're right this time.

Well I don't know what you're talking about but I've never said any of those events were the last one.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Ravens1113 wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    therev71 wrote: »
    How much is this going to cost? I dont think EA gets that people are playing the free game because its free and a lot dont have a job right now.

then don't get him the first time his event runs?

Ultra even you have to admit that CG is tone deaf in all this. It’s just disgusting how out of touch they are with this community.
    I'm not seeing how they are being tone-deaf or out of touch

Its a freemium game, there is always a "Pay if you want it" aspect if you are unprepared with events. Its been like this for 4+ years

Unfortunately for me, I am unable to get Jedi Luke at this stage because of the requirements

Fortunately for me, JKL isn't appealing enough (no rebel tag, breaks too many teams, no JKR/Jolee/Bastila synergy) to encourage me to spend on him

Dead on imo

The requirements aren't the worst in the world. Sure a couple of undesirables but nothing horrific. Getting to gear 13 is challenging, but getting to r3 after is easy enough.

But this characters reads very meh. No reason to drop cash to hurry the progression along.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    I just want to point this out rq.
    JKL's obvious "best" team is JKL/GMY/Hoda/GK/Bastilla.
    GMY becomes even stronger than he is under revan when you're literally saying he outspeeds every single character on the enemy team no matter what.
    Bastilla is best run with GMY because the buff spread on those buffs is too good.
    JKL's kit doesn't get nullified by OR, it just prevents the OR char(s) from benefiting from it.

The normal JKR team comps are
    JKR/GMY/Bastilla/Jolee/GK and JKR/BMY/Bastilla/Jolee/Hoda
    You're removing 3/5 characters from both possible JKR teams.

Insights specifically mention "wanting to keep the existing JKR comps together".

Yeah, no. You guys totally failed at that.
    JKL gave GMY more stats (Jedi's will is basically another stat stack for GMY, and he now counters 100% of the time... while ignoring defense...), made GMY more OP by guaranteeing he outspeeds the entire enemy team and gets literally an entire ability rotation before they get a single turn unless they nullify turn meter gain, AND gave the team another mass assist, which means you now have Hoda, GK AND JKL all granting team mass-assists, while having 2 sources of team-wide foresight and still have the full suite of offensive buffs from Bastilla. While not really losing anything from revan's kit except the turn exchange. But you get a second stun, AND -50% health on tankier chars like Malak. With a lead that's immune to DR's main gimmicks. And GMY now has a higher crit chance, allowing him to basically always crit in raids.

Yeah, you didn't "keep existing JKR comps together" at all. You just replaced JKR while not allowing him on the team for raids. That's really all this was.

And he even counters summons/revives since it's at the start of each of his turns. Which means this even works against NS, Shaaktroopers and Geos to an extent. So... JKL basically counters every team that's not a GL, except maybe padme. Which he still probably counters, just not as much as just about every other team.

11/10, time to farm wampa.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Oh my God, his basic is the Force Kick.

tenor.gif?itemid=4886147
    Still not a he.
  • This Kit feels like what a Mace Windu rework should be.
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Disappointed that Boba Fett isn't flying in the background as part of Luke's basic animation

EDIT: lol @ the anti-Old Republic Synergy

Not gonna lie I LOLd when I read it

• Si0n
    117 posts Member
    rzebiak wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Even though I won’t get him first time around, I will say the reqs are fairly attainable for a lot of players to get within the first 3 times he comes around.

CG was in a tough spot on how to introduce JKL, especially in the heels of GLs and I think they did pretty well considering.

How this all plays out is yet to be seen, but aside from their lazy synergy suggestions, I see lots of positive things from this.

Yeah, agreed...Really the requirements aren't that bad. Only a few characters that aren't already good characters that most people have geared up (Lando/Rolo/CHS). All of the other ones are common G12/relics already. Not sure what people were wanting, it just to be 5-G12 characters? They were also all pretty obvious characters that would be needed, nothing random like Palp for KRU

You are absolutely right! What’s another 3 dumpster fire toons going to matter? Just put them next to: Phasma, Vet Han, Vet Chew, Rose, Res Pilot and Holdo. It’s not like we could have done somtn better with the resources we have to dump on these 9 characters.
  • No rebel tag? Seriously?
    A rebelion's hero with no rebel tag.
  • Jarvind wrote: »
    Ahhh the final cash grab

Jedi Knight Revan release: "This is it, the final cash grab"
    Darth Revan release: "Haha oh man 2 Revans? Last gasp for CG!"
    Darth Malak release: "OH JEEZ THEY'RE REALLY STRUGGLING YOU GUYS THIS IS THE END"
    General Skywalker release: "Haha oh boy that's it they're really out of ideas, game over fellas"
    Galactic Legends release: "LOOK AT THOSE RELIC REQUIREMENTS THIS IS THE FINAL SQUEEZE ON THE WHALES"

But no, I'm sure you're right this time.

This is my new favorite post lol, I imagined you doing this while typing.itofckye9faw.jpeg
  • Si0n wrote: »
    rzebiak wrote: »
    ZAP wrote: »
    Even though I won’t get him first time around, I will say the reqs are fairly attainable for a lot of players to get within the first 3 times he comes around.

CG was in a tough spot on how to introduce JKL, especially in the heels of GLs and I think they did pretty well considering.

How this all plays out is yet to be seen, but aside from their lazy synergy suggestions, I see lots of positive things from this.

Yeah, agreed...Really the requirements aren't that bad. Only a few characters that aren't already good characters that most people have geared up (Lando/Rolo/CHS). All of the other ones are common G12/relics already. Not sure what people were wanting, it just to be 5-G12 characters? They were also all pretty obvious characters that would be needed, nothing random like Palp for KRU

You are absolutely right! What’s another 3 dumpster fire toons going to matter? Just put them next to: Phasma, Vet Han, Vet Chew, Rose, Res Pilot and Holdo. It’s not like we could have done somtn better with the resources we have to dump on these 9 characters.

Disagree with the toons being useless with the exception of rose. Even then she is useless because of the lack of resistance leads that can be used with her. Phasma will lead your remnant FOs if you put KRU and hux with SLKR, the vets can do fine under finn or qira, res pilot is a filler under finn and pilots 1 of the 3 res ships, and seriously why is Holdo even in your list of bad toons?
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    C3Peio wrote: »
    He's not a rebel?? How in the world?!
    All the toons needed for the unlock, of course, are rebels. But not Luke Skywalker...
    OK. Sure. Thanks

But you'll have to relic them anyway! Just to not use those Rebels with Luke. Skywalker.

The fact that they couldn't make Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker a Rebel (or GL Rey a Jedi, since she is, somehow, all of them) is proof that CG's game design has gone downhill. They've obviously been planning this for a long time. Don't you think a competent dev would think, "OK, so we know we're building up to ROTJ Luke, who would obviously be a Rebel and have synergy with his Rebel friends. So let's make sure our releases up to that point don't make balancing that unworkable"?

This is a huge disappointment.
  • wharp wrote: »
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Special 1: Stalwart Advance (Cooldown 3)

FINAL TEXT: Deal Physical damage to target enemy and call another target ally to assist. Target enemy is inflicted with Blind for 2 turns.

Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker gains Jedi's Will for 2 turns, which can't be dispelled, copied, or prevented. If other target ally is a Jedi, who is not Old Republic, they also gain Jedi's Will for 2 turns.

Jedi's Will: +100% Counter Chance, +25% Offense, +25% Speed, and all attacks ignore Defense

Hmmn, no ally assist on the preview, bug?

I saw that too, if that is a bug and they let that in, they are blind, also, that animation looks very similar to the one it Battlefront 2.
  • Why is this in the kit: “When he attacks out of turn or is critically hit, he gains 2 Speed (stacking, max 20) until end of encounter.”

With all the complaints about kits being too long, this feels like a waste of words. Did someone leave out a 0?
  • Beeblebrox wrote: »
    Yeah, no mention of the mechanics of Vulnerable

They are more susceptible to critical hits.
  • Sooo is Padme just going to own JKL off the bat or what? Look at all those attacks out of turn, his entire kit is based on it.
  • So it's clear this was rushed to distract players from talk of a game/spending boycott, but this kit is overly underwhelming. Do you not understand what Luke was about? You watched ESTB in preparation for the event, well done. Missed the part where Luke's a rebel over a jedi? He never once led any jedi in the films. Why is his leadership all about jedi and doesn't even mention rebels?

As for having to specifically single out old republic jedi because their kits are too broken to be used with any other jedi.

To quote Luke, 'what a piece of junk'
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Jedi Luke doesn't sinergy with half of the good Jedi and somehow neither with his rebel friends...

I see no reason to waste time and/or money in this bantha poodoo...
  • FlareStorm wrote: »
    He better beat GLs

He won't, why else do you think they added to the leadership skill that it doesn't activate if the opposing team has a GL on it?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Sooo is Padme just going to own JKL off the bat or what? Look at all those attacks out of turn, his entire kit is based on it.
    That's called a counter. Most teams do and should have him.
    Still not a he.
  • Qui gon and General Kenobi have better leads , change my mind
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Weird that Jedi Luke is the only Journey character with only 5 abilities and only 2 zetas. I wonder if they missed one.
  • Treeburner wrote: »
    Qui gon and General Kenobi have better leads , change my mind

I think you are underestimating that whole speed thing. Plus that new ability is extremely nice. It’s ridiculously good. It’s a killer lead. It just sucks it doesn’t work vs GL.
  • 7AnimalMother
    2053 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Honestly I’m a bit disappointed by this character release for a few reasons. Outside of Vader and the ANH incarnation of Han, this is my favorite incarnation of a character in all of Star Wars. A character incarnation that imho, deserves to be meta for at least a bit (and it is apparent this will not be, given the GL restrictions on the lead). Add into that he does not at all synergize with the OT toons with whom he fought, and I’m having a hard time being excited. Does this mean old Man blue milk luke is the Galton “legend”? If so, that stinks. Rotj is the iconic incarnation.

This toon looks like it’s supposed to fill that 2nd jedi lead in lsgtb...

Granted we haven’t seen him in the wild, but right now I give this release a big, fat “meh”.

• Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    So... Give up on SLKR farm for this? Or plan it for "next"?
  • I love how all of his abilities are the exact animations from battlefront 2
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    A thought just occurred to me. This doesn’t read like a Luke kit. No rebel synergy. A good lead for GR jedi. Is this just the Mace Windu rework slapped onto Luke artwork?