Noob trash

I've been playing for about four months... Any advice for a new player?

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    In before someone says "quit now"
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Honestly though, join a real guild if you haven't already. Read a lot, and only ask questions after you've already searched for the answer. Look up "warrior's pillars." stop playing when it's not fun anymore. Good luck.
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    Honestly though, join a real guild if you haven't already. Read a lot, and only ask questions after you've already searched for the answer. Look up "warrior's pillars." stop playing when it's not fun anymore. Good luck.

All of this, although if you are more of a prequels fan there is an alternative early farming path viable these days: separatists/geonosians to padme + galactic republic.

This may all swing back to phoenix first after the jedi luke official announcement though.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Well choose between these four;
    1. Separatist
    2. Phoenix
    3. Bastila Jedi
    4. First Order
  • Thanks for the advice! I've got three squads that like (nightsisters, clones, and rebels with wiggs and akbar), and I'm debating Phoenix... Yeah they look good are are apparently needed for Thrawn, but I just dislike them from a fan perspective (stupid reason, I know). First Order looks fun, and they give me a hell of a fight whenever they come up. I'm currently trying to build an all Mandalorian squad, dumb, maybe, but I like the idea.
  • Would you mnd sharing your ally code or swgoh.gg link so that we can see what exactly do you have in your arsenal (e.g. gear level)? Also, search online for beginner guides (look at the youtube clips by Ahnald, Cubs Fan Han, or Warrior Presents), there's a lot of awesome materials.
  • https://swgoh.gg/p/148293911/ Here it is, enjoy my lackluster roster!
  • esoulvia
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    If your not currently in a guild oobi I'd like to mention that I'm literally seeking to build a guild with a roster of atleast 75% noobs. It be really cool to go through a journey of learning as a whole and see who sticks it through! My Allie code is 388947831.

Ps I am not very experienced at this game perse but I am a solid gamer in most games I play and I'm a straight up try hard, I'd screen share with you even to show you anything I could.
  • Despite what a lot of people say, forget Phoenix. Not only did I hate really dislike the childish tv show that they came from, they equally suck in game. Their one saving grace is Thrawn.

Go full Separatists (Geos first, then their droids). Not only do they help unlock Padme and GAS down the line, they’re incredibly good teams to have.
  • That problem again. Focus. Focus. Focus. At level 74 you should at least have 3 G9 7* toons and 5 G8 6* toons. You're all over the place. When you farm a toon, you get him to 7 stars. Always. You might want consider restarting if you aim at arena ranks, but it isn't necessary.
    Put 100% resources on your 501st. Go for this lineup for now, and get them to 7*, G8-9: Rex (L), Fives, Echo, ARC Trooper, Ahsoka.
    Then farm Anakin, Legendary Kenobi (you get him from raids), Mace, and Plo. Again, the goal is G8-9, 7*. At this point you want your 501st at G10. You should also now possess a very solid fleet: Rex, Fives, Ahsoka, Anakin, and Plo are very very solid. Top it up with Mace's Endurance.
    After that, farm the full Geo Team for the Padme event and 1 extra Jedi for Grand Master Yoda event. Now you should have finished you Padme team: Padme, Anakin, Ahsoka, Yoda, Kenobi. Max them out, they're among the top tier end game teams in this game.
  • Point taken, Desertfox. My focus right now is on Jedi Knight Anakin, and Mother Talzin, to round out my squads. I see the reason to hard focus on 501st, but I think I'll still throw some time and effort on my Nightsisters, I'm okay with a longer grind if it means I have two squads ready to rock.

As far as the Padme team... Maybe. I'm less concerned with having a good top tier team than I am with having a fun or interesting one.
  • Point taken, Desertfox. My focus right now is on Jedi Knight Anakin, and Mother Talzin, to round out my squads. I see the reason to hard focus on 501st, but I think I'll still throw some time and effort on my Nightsisters, I'm okay with a longer grind if it means I have two squads ready to rock.

As far as the Padme team... Maybe. I'm less concerned with having a good top tier team than I am with having a fun or interesting one.

Still at least hard farm your 501st to G9 , 7* first it makes you competitive; a second squad can come later, you won't need multiple squads unless you're at level 85 with Grand Arena unlocked. The point is that if you are competitive in both arenas you'll get rewards so so much better that you farming speed will be nearly doubled. Just hard farm 501st first, then feel free to go nightsisters, it'll be doubly as efficient, and at long last you'll have both of them. It's the same in end game, if you focus on a great top tier team, given the same amount of time, you'll have that top tier team, 2-3 other teams you got on your path to that team, PLUS 1-2 teams you like. But if you go all spread out, you'll only get 2 mid-tier teams, and 1 team you like. The arena rewards are important.
    08brqksi7xpo.png
    awwojwadp895.png
    So this is a F2P account that I started in March 2020, so roughly 3 months now. I chose to hard focus on the separatists first, so I ended up getting not only that teams and the team I like (clones), but a whole lot of other powerful teams. I didn't even include most G6 below toons in these two screenshots. And that's because I made sure I stayed very competitive in both arenas (squad 150-300; fleet 15-30)
  • Definitely going to focus on my clones and good 501st team, they're my favourite team. Fives, Echo, Jedi Anakin, Ahsoka and General Kenobi as look like a good team
  • Clones can do a lot of damage in raids as well. But you need rex for the stacking damage that aerial advantage does.
  • Thanks for all the great advice!
  • Yoyoyo,
    I consider myself as a decent player but I have difficulties concentrating myself on a team thats viable and still fun too play.
    I'm doing separatists and I've also geared some of my Phoenix to get thrawn palp and Yoda. I was about to do bounty hunters but then I noticed that for the light side I didn't have many good options. So you see the problem. Focusing and concentrating my team and energy ⚡
    On one team is hard for me. I want to make jedi next and I think that's a good take...
    What do you guys think
    And besides. What omegas should I do in my jedi team first?
    ( is there an option to show you my account beside showing you pics!?!)
    Thanks in voraus👌
  • @Lil_n0ob if you’re working on separatists, you need them to unlock Padme. With her squad (Padme, Jedi Knight Anakin, Ahsoka Tano, Gen Kenobi, and C3PO) you will have a very useful LS team.
  • Lil_n0ob
    5 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    @Salatious_Scrum Exactly, that would be the next step,but...
    You have to be lvl 85 for that don't you?
    I am lvl 82 and it probably takes a few more months to reach max lvl. Or you do it with a hundred bucks in a few seconds. But I'm neither a dolphin nor a whale man.

• Yes, but you’re not far. It wouldn’t hurt to be ready right when you hit 85 so you can immediately unlock Padme. Hopefully you’re getting HAAT raids done in your guild
  • Hitting 85 will only take one more month, it's faster than you think, look on the bright side :wink:. You can't go wrong with Padme. For omegas, what's your exact lineup?
  • @Desertfox1024
    OK... One more month? Yu sure it seems like an eternity
    If we talking bout omegas Can you do something with that
    386-918-516
    BTW Thanks for the responses

• PS.
    Im German so apaloguse for the Englisch
  • @Lil_n0ob just added you as ally in my March FO account.
    High priority omegas:
    Dooku Master of Makashi,
    Nute Motivate,
    Magnaguard Relentless Assault,
    Poggle Hive Tactics,
    Geo Spy Silent Strike.
    One more month is possible when you spend all your free daily energy refreshes and complete all daily activities.
    Also, work on your mods, focus on speed substats for everyone especially your separatists; the faster team usually wins in arena. Go check out some of the online mod guides.
  • Don't focus on Jedi yet, you don't have Bastila and Revan geared up, and Jedi don't work properly without at least one of them. Go Padme.
  • Don't focus on Jedi yet, you don't have Bastila and Revan geared up, and Jedi don't work properly without at least one of them. Go Padme.
  • @Desertfox1024
    Aight, thanks for feedback.
    You really helped my confused **** out