Kit Reveal: Jedi Knight Luke Skywalker

Replies

• Calm down everyone about his synergy's. They have obviously rushed this due to the poo storm at the moment. Not many will get him this time, and when he comes around again next year, I bet you'll have ROTJ Lea, ROTJ Han where they're on Endor, ROTJ Lando and BH Lea from Jabbas lair, which you'll prob need Relic Gamorean Guard, ect. There's another 12month they're planning on skimping our pockets yet. And probably all have a new tag
  • What does Vulnerable do? It's not listed in any of the abilities.
    Also love all the anti-JKR stuff in the kit, guess we won't be using the two of them together.
    Guess he's not beating GL's either since his lead doesn't work if they are on the opposing team.

Vulnerable means that the next attack to hit them crits, if possible.
  • nmelcer
    49 posts Member
    xdk239uo2ggn.jpg

When the kit doesn't make any sense, it was probably for someone else.

• Wow I was thinking CG was saving Luke to be one of the best characters in the game but this seems a little disappointing. I am very disappointed he is not a Galactic Legend, his kit specifically does not work against GLs, most of the required characters are mostly useless, he only has 2 Zeta abilities, he has very strange and specific synergies that don’t seem to line up with the movies, he is not a rebel, he has very clear anti-Revan synergies, and the characters he does have synergies with are all pretty important on some of the best squads so you’d have to pull them apart to make a good jedi team for Luke.

Those are my initial thoughts though. I’ll have to wait and see when they release him how good he ends up being
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    I think this is not JKLS kit. I think it was someone else’s kit and they just slapped his name on it. Probably to hide the fact that we aren’t getting a road ahead this month. WHERES MY NEW CONTENT CG ?!?!?
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    Okkkkkeyyyyy, so GLRey who is “all the Jedi” is not jedi, and Luke is not rebel.... L for Logic (c).

Guys? Can you please forfeit Star Wars license, please? Anyway you never watched the films...
  • Ryanodo
    82 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    pyopgviiem1i.png
    I'm happy about two things. When the designers were rewatching the movies to gather inspiration, they didn't miss two very key things about Luke. One, with Repulse they captured all those times he uses force push throughout the movies. Very important to capture that. And of course #2 is related to Prevailing Strike where they certainly picked up on his famous, patented kick move he does before every light saber strike he makes. Top notch work in capturing all that is Jedi Knight Luke

• Ryanodo wrote: »
    pyopgviiem1i.png
    I'm happy about two things. When the designers were rewatching the movies to gather inspiration, they didn't miss two very key things about Luke. One, with Repulse they captured all those times he uses force push throughout the movies. Very important to capture that. And of course #2 is related to Prevailing Strike where they certainly picked up on his famous, patented kick move he does before every light saber strike he makes. Top notch work in capturing all that is Jedi Knight Luke

Yeah, really the kick should be a special so he's not using it all the time. He uses it a few times, the infamous one on the barge, and he uses it against Vader in his duel to kick him down the stairs. Note that in both situations he uses lightsaber strikes and then FOLLOWS with a kick, not kick then lightsaber strikes. The kick is to knock them away from him.

Just more and more detail showing the lack of attention to detail on CG's part.
  • Ryanodo wrote: »
    pyopgviiem1i.png

To be fair, he did kick Vader down a flight of stairs in ROTJ. But the force push is very unlike Luke indeed.

qtyao8wafgyg.png
  • Perfzilla
    60 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Vinniarth wrote: »
    Okkkkkeyyyyy, so GLRey who is “all the Jedi” is not jedi, and Luke is not rebel.... L for Logic (c).
    Also Cara Dune is a rebel because she used to be one

Come on CG, Luke Skywalker is a rebel. I get you're making a game and you have to make compromises but, this Luke Skywalker during the time when he delivered the mortal blow to the Empire.

When you deny Luke Skywalker the rebel tag, you're denying a defining characteristic of the main character of the original trilogy at the very moment of his epic triumph.
  • For a toon that was a long time coming, I feel like his skillset is pathetic to put things nicely. As many have already mentioned he's got no rebel synergy or rebel tag and his abilities are just plain boring. Is there a reason for this? Perhaps maybe a stronger toon in the works?! There has got to be a reason he is so god awful and somewhat easier to achieve than galactic legends kylo and Rey. I mean aside from maybe lando and captain han and maybe rolo there is no reason why most players wouldn't have already met the requirements or are really close to the point where heavy spending may not be needed by a good majority of the gaming community
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    It's like the time they released both GLs and Rey was clearly more powerful. Why such a weak kit for kylo?
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    If I thought he was awful I probably wouldn't get him
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    nmelcer wrote: »
    xdk239uo2ggn.jpg

I wouldn't put past CG to do a disgusting thing like this. :|
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    nmelcer wrote: »
    xdk239uo2ggn.jpg

I wouldn't put past CG to do a disgusting thing like this. :|

I near guarantee that's what happened. The kit would be amazing for a GR Jedi leader to use with KAM. Not GL tier sure, but pretty amazing for everything else, that's probably part of why they shuttled the kit off to a non GR Jedi so that it can't combine with KAM's unique and be overpowered. Jedi Luke was just a character that everyone wanted that WASN'T a GR Jedi, so that interaction wouldn't happen, and the timing around the 40th anniversary of ESB fit.
    This kit, if it were to be able to utilize OR Jedi Characters, would be really strong, just under GL levels. If it could combine with KAM's unique, would be really strong, just under GL levels. If it worked with Rebels and you could throw together a team with JKL, Han and Chewie, Cara Dune and either 3PO or R2, it'd also be a great kit, if it was rebel centered rather than Jedi.

But instead, no rbels, isn't a GR Jedi so no KAM unique, no benefits to Bastila or JKR.. it comes out as an "okay" but not "must have" kit, that results in butchering multiple teams to get a good team out of it.

• I love the idea that this was intended for Mace.

I mean the kit really reads like it should be for a GR Jedi, someone to lead KAM.

I personally think this would be overkill for a Mace rework since all he really needs is to fix his Expose gimmick, but I'd take it if this was what was presented, lol.

• Am I missing something?

His kit looks average. He has no synergy with rebels, limited synergy with Jedi.

I’m failing to see the payback being worth gearing a lot old outdated characters.

If CG can’t even get Luke right then I just despair at this point.
  • artusa
    175 posts Member
    This is a journey character and not a GL. You’ll probably need all 3 Lukes to unlock GL or probably some different name like Game Over Luke Skywalker.
  • Am I missing something?

His kit looks average. He has no synergy with rebels, limited synergy with Jedi.

I’m failing to see the payback being worth gearing a lot old outdated characters.

If CG can’t even get Luke right then I just despair at this point.

His kit is not average and has excellent synergy with Jedi.

Why do you think they made it so it doesn’t work if a GL is on the team? Because it was beating Galactic Legends without it. He will be one of the best non GL characters out there.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    If I thought he was awful I probably wouldn't get him

But then how will everyone know how disrespected you are.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Why hasn't CG address the Ahnald ban and the negotiation with cheaters?

I would whale on this character, but will never spend another cent until they make it right or atleats address it.
  • This looks like it was almost a mace windu rework that was thrown on him.
  • Ultra
    11452 posts Moderator
    Why hasn't CG address the Ahnald ban and the negotiation with cheaters?

I would whale on this character, but will never spend another cent until they make it right or atleats address it.

They already addressed the Ahnald ban when they told him why they banned him
  • Yung_Hen
    139 posts Member
    Arguably his most trusted ally in the entire SW universe, R2-D2 is going to have zero synergy. No rebel tag, no resistance tag. He’ll get no bonuses from Number Crunch. I know he’s meant to be in Jedi squads but it’s still pretty baffling that R2 will be useless in terms of theory crafting and plug+play with Luke.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    JKL will be required to get GLuke.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    JKL will be required to get GLuke.

Link?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*