Revan's kit was actually JKL's real kit then they panicked

Replies

• JKL Kit is for Gonk Droid, please be real about that finally .................
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    Revan...Who dat?

whitewashed Reskinned Luke
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    Gifafi wrote: »
    I’m not a conspiracy guy, but this actually makes sense. I think the real key is that they knew if they released jkl back then then the game would end and this way they got to milk profits for another year and a half (iirc), minimum.

So, it was a long drawn out panic that started with all he OR marquees that had nothing to do with JKL at all?

Good theory

Follow the $$$, man

We might need 60 minutes or Woodward and Bernstein to do a thorough investigation on this.

Always nice to see someone older than me is able to use the internet.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I’m not a conspiracy guy, but this actually makes sense. I think the real key is that they knew if they released jkl back then then the game would end and this way they got to milk profits for another year and a half (iirc), minimum.

So, it was a long drawn out panic that started with all he OR marquees that had nothing to do with JKL at all?

Good theory

Follow the $$$, man

We might need 60 minutes or Woodward and Bernstein to do a thorough investigation on this.

It's not just for checking the weather anymore
  • CCyrilS wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Good theory

Follow the $$$, man

It's not just for checking the weather anymore

I once heard it is used to find Leia in a slave outfit ... any success?
    Circle of Sin. 2 Teams. This is the way! cos.rocks
  • ZAP wrote: »
    While the JKL/Mace theory is a little nutty, at least there’s some logic to be found in it.

Not sure how any of this has any logic regarding timing, etc... , except maybe savior making more sense for JKL.

Decent enough attempt though

4/10

savior doesn't make any sense for JKL though because Revan's(Darth and Jedi) abilities are named after the titles he earned. Also I need to read up on Legends Luke, but from what i understand about Revan compared to films luke, him being a much better leader makes a lot of sense. Luke was always more of an empathetic knight in my eyes, not a tactician and strategist. I think they should have given him a unique that gives him alot more synergy with rebels and maybe a little about jedi, instead of his leader ability.
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »

5. Lets not forget Luke is the master strategist, who else would come up with the brilliant idea of hiding inside a tauntaun to weather out a cold storm

It was Han's idea to put Luke in the Tauntaun

• Smidday wrote: »

5. Lets not forget Luke is the master strategist, who else would come up with the brilliant idea of hiding inside a tauntaun to weather out a cold storm

OR WAS IT?!
  • Ultra wrote: »
    Convince me otherwise,

Jedi Knight Revan was a Jedi of the Old Republic but his kit synergies with all the Jedi in the game, and who is known as the penultimate Jedi in this game? Old Republic tag is an obvious nod to Rebels

1. Luke Skywalker, it makes sense that Luke would be the ultimate Jedi leader which currently belongs to Jedi Knight Revan

2. Savior - When I played KOTOR I, my JKR killed Juhani. How can he be the savior? Its obvious the ability was about Luke saving Darth Vader from the Dark Side

3. Hero - obviously talking about Luke, who destroyed the Death Star, and led the rebellion. His heroic deeds is the reason he's the driving plot of The Force Awakens

4. JKR's lead gives bonuses for Jedi and Old Republic, obviously it was Rebels but CG panicked and changed it to OR last minute

Its obvious CG saw that nobody was farming OR toons and the financial people at CG looked at cash flow before the end of quarter and said "were getting a lot of pressure from corporate to turn a bigger profit this quarter, maybe slap jkl's face on there and see if we can get a 20% bump for our shareholders."

m8tgmaf5jpam.png

Too expensive/expansive
  • Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Smidday wrote: »

The tauntaun had room for one person, Luke was merely pretending to be delirious so that Han wouldn't take the spot

He was 5 steps ahead of Han
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Luke didnt think of going into the tauntaun. That was Han Solo that came up with that one.

Luke was too busy talking about Ben and Dagobah to think of not dien.

I am taking 10 star wars lore points from you and giving you the homework of watching Empire Strikes Back
  • Somewhere deep inside CG we hear.."And we'd have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddling kids!!!"
  • Clone Wars Chewbacca was actually JKL but they panicked
  • Actually the savior and hero names of JKR's abilities come from a quote that Darth Malak said about him. "Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan." That's why JKR's and Darth Revans Uniques are named in basic words, because that's how Malak described Revan. Just a fun fact I remembered when I played through Kotor =)
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    I think both JKL and Revan are pivotal figures in their respective times. Revan is a Savior, depending on the choices he made. He did bring peace to the galaxy before the high Republic.

JKL is the same. He lived through the empire / rebels / resistance. To many he is the most powerful Character in the whole star wars (and also the most well known)

Wish CG would do justice JKL kit. Think that is the bottom of the out cry. The JKL does not feel like Luke (In Comparison, feel like Revan)

Revan lead the Jedi to victory.
    JKL lead the rebels to victory. So why no rebel tag?
  • What a boring thread. q428o76q9oty.jpg
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    Nice try.
  • Vinniarth
    1859 posts Member
    There is more logic in the theory it was Mace’s kit than it is Luke’s. Not mentioning Luke isn’t rebel...
  • Criminal overuse of the word obvious in the OP.

I think JKR's kit was meant for JKR. And I think this JKL kit we're getting was originally meant for... JKL. Obviously.

I don't think their character development process is as random and haphazard as a lot of people seem to think.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Criminal overuse of the word obvious in the OP.

I think JKR's kit was meant for JKR. And I think this JKL kit we're getting was originally meant for... JKL. Obviously.

I don't think their character development process is as random and haphazard as a lot of people seem to think.

this thread is not for wild speculation, it's for logic and deductive reasoning
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • That's funny.
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    That's funny.

Now you get the thread.
This discussion has been closed.