Are you farming pheonix or seperatists

Are you farming pheonix or seperatists 41 votes

Pheonix
31%
camper288SchwartzringBkbttvAntisthegoatSaxguruCT_SOR4davidwanqwertyBB6AhrdinTanotrustme707sion_tyranothheaterisTuviaDawg 13 votes
Seperatists
68%
GrandAdmiralBobTrojanGgdjqjchsabjdjRisinDragonJohnLove11XxDougyDougyxXDarth_DeVitoRannekSundownCaptinAmerica55ir21tinyQuinthalasDesertfox1024Old_Ben12345JangoKargaKr0nic90TheMaster12345Shuster123NerfHerder654897DevampedshadowKadika 28 votes

Replies

• Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    Pheonix
    I am doing phoenix but I think the separatists are a better squad. I will probably farm them too at some point for padme.
  • Schwartzring
    1402 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Pheonix
    As a brand new player you should be doing Phoenix.

Easier to get farmed, easier to clear GWar.

Easier to get multiple legendary characters.

I'm not at all saying NOT to farm Seps.

Frankly it shouldn't even be an Either/Or.

Your first LS team should be Phoenix.

Your first DS team should be Bounty Hunters, not seps.

Its all about what is available to you at the level you are at.

At Level 30 you get Credit Heists. Need Bounty Hunters (Scoundrels)

At Level 60 you get Palpatine & Yoda. Need Phoenix (Jedi)

At level 60 you also get Fleet. Need Kylo-U.

At Level 85 you get Padme. Need Seps.

See the pattern? Don't farm for something that you can't even do yet.

Get the stuff you can & it makes your travels to L85 SO much easier.

First 2-3 Chars in each Area should be....

Cantina Battles Red Energy: Ezra, Hera, KyloU+Silencer
    Cantina Store: Boba Fett, Chopper, Ahsoka
    Squad Store: Kanan, IG-88, Tarkin
    GWar Store: Cad Bane, Zebb, DS Ships
    Gold Energy: Sabine, Bastila, Jolee, Zaalbar.
    Fleet Store: Sun Fac, DS Ships, Phoenix Ships

PS. You spelled Phoenix wrong.
  • KyJoe_Cool
    1873 posts Member
    Neither
    Massive SWGOH Community On Discord - https://discord.gg/QWvTUBZ
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    I'm not a new player, but if I started a new acct today, I think I'd go seps, just for fun.

Not saying by any means the best choice, and I would also be really torn over not getting Thrawn early, but I think it would be an interesting journey.
  • Seperatists
    Don't forget BH, Batila Jedi, 501st clones, and FO! :wink:
  • Seperatists
    Now this is something I wrote in May about Phoenix route replying to another thread, hope it might help, though you really shouldn't limit your own options to those two teams:
    In one of my accounts I started off exactly the same as you did. Here is what I recommend:
    The main problem with the last few suggestions is that it leaves you all over the place. If you farm Bastila, Ezra, Kanan, Ahsoka and Anakin, the only legendary you can get is Yoda. For Thrawn and Palpatine, you only have two of the required characters; and for Revan, you only have one. I'm not saying that Yoda isn't good. He's amazing. But you'll soon be outmatched in mid game (lv.70+) using only Bastila lead Jedi.
    Hence your priority should be to get all four of them (Revan, Palp, Thrawn, and Yoda) as soon as possible.
    Let me list out the requirements:
    Revan: Bastila, Jolee, T3-M4, Mission Vao, Zaalbar
    Thrawn: Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Zeb, Chopper
    Palpatine: Any five Rebels (note that all Phoenix are rebels)
    Yoda: Any five Jedi (note that Revan, Bastila, Jolee, Ezra, and Kanan are all Jedi)
    So by just farming for the first two, you'll already be able to get Yoda and Palpatine.
    All you need are 10 toons for 4 legendaries.
    Early game: Concentrate on Phoenix because this gets you Thrawn and Palp. You'll need both.
    Cantina: Ezra and Hera.
    Cantina Store: Chopper.
    Galactic War store: Zeb.
    Squad Arena store: Kanan.
    Hard node farm: Sabine unlocked for her ship (I see you have already done that, great job), and Bastila
    You should be able to get Thrawn and Palpatine to seven stars by level 80. Here is the link for a guide Dretzle wrote for the Thrawn event (look at the comments as well, I added some important tips): https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/116512/phoenix-strategy-your-ticket-to-thrawn-part-1-survive
    Mid game (lv.70+):
    For mods, remember to look at the online guides. It's easily the most important.
    For ships, aim for the following: Ackbar lead; Ghost, Vader, Biggs starting; Phantom, Ahsoka and Ebon Hawk reinforce. When you get Chimera; replace Ackbar with it; when you get Hound's Tooth, put him on starting and let Biggs reinforce.
    After you finish the early game farms (7 star), go for these:
    Cantina: Mission, T3-M4. Carth when you finish them.
    Cantina Store: Ahsoka
    Galactic War store: Biggs and his ship
    Squad Arena Store: Ackbar
    Hard Node farm (including ship battles): Jolee, Zaalbar. Ebon Hawk when you finish them.
    When you get to level 85, the Revan and Chimera events should be open. Now you can finally get Revan, Yoda, and the Chimera all at once! 4 legendaries, plus the Chimera, all in no more than 4 months.
  • Darth_DeVito
    1231 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Seperatists
    If I had the time to start another account and the patience to go F2P, I would try the Separatist route this time. That is, Geos under Nute lead until you can unlock Brood Alpha's node. Not only with an eye on Padme but also and especially to secure a crystal and zeta income from fleet.

The Geo ships can be farmed from the Galactic War store before you even unlock fleet arena, which gives you a nice headstart. Executrix, Geos, and droid or imperial ships can last you over until you unlock Malevolence down the line. Once the new TIE bomber becomes farmable, Executrix should be a capable counter to the old rebel meta, who will be your main competitors in the top arena ranks.

A full Geo team with a relic GBA should do reasonably well in squad arena while you slowly build up your Padme team. You can still farm Phoenix, OR, Empire etc. and collect all the legendaries at a later point. The most important thing is to get a leg up in both arenas and make your roster attractive to guilds by building TB-relevant Sep and GW teams.
  • Seperatists
    I started by farming phoenix and then I farmed separatists.
  • Pheonix
    If I had the time to start another account and the patience to go F2P, I would The Geo ships can be farmed from the Galactic War store before you even unlock fleet arena, which gives you a nice headstart.

Pretty sure that is not the case DD.
    The actual fleet nodes are not there at L40.
    They don't show up till L60 when Fleet opens.

The only "Heatstart" you can get in Fleet is Kylo-U & Silencer.

Which is why I put him in with Hera & Ezra as the 3 most important toons in Cantina Battles to start farming early.

Its going to be level based timing to be sure, but, my normal suggestion is to stagger them by stars.

Ezra-2
    Hera-2
    Ezra-5
    Hera-5
    KylU-4

The goal would be to have the above done by L60 when fleet opens.

It gives you portions of early shots at Thrawn, Palp, & Yoda with a solid Fleet ship that will be much more advanced than the other 1* crap they give you.
  • Pheonix
    Hence your priority should be to get all four of them (Revan, Palp, Thrawn, and Yoda) as soon as possible.
    Let me list out the requirements:

Yoda: Any five Jedi (note that Revan, Bastila, Jolee, Ezra, and Kanan are all Jedi)

Early game: Concentrate on Phoenix because this gets you Thrawn and Palp. You'll need both.

For ships, aim for the following: Ackbar lead; Ghost, Vader, Biggs starting; Phantom, Ahsoka and Ebon Hawk reinforce. When you get Chimera; replace Ackbar with it; when you get Hound's Tooth, put him on starting and let Biggs reinforce.

Cantina: Carth when you finish them.

Hard Node farm (including ship battles): Ebon Hawk when you finish them.

While I agree with most of what your saying there are a few issues in the above directions.

1. The 5 Jedi you've listed for Revan/Yoda, are the most "efficient" way to get them to be sure.
    But it won't be the "fastest"
    The OR Jedi are all slow farms.
    So things like Ahsoka, Old Ben, JK-Anakin, even Mace or Consular can all often be at 5* for basic Yoda fight faster. Waiting on the perfect 5 to actually get leveled up might cost you a lot of time in getting him.

2. Carth is not in Cantina. He's in Fleet Nodes that they won't have access too early.
    Ebon Hawk is not in Hard nodes, its in Cantina nodes & its not a priority farm early when you need DS ships to get the Zeta challenge open.

3. You mention Ackbar then Chimera while not focusing on Tarkin? Again, Zeta Mats challenge.
    Why would you be running Biggs & 2 Phoenix Ships under Chimera?

Over all very good advice in pointing out how certain Jedi have double duty & I completely agree with it.

Just keep in mind that other Jedi are fairly "free" in this game & that those early Legends don't require large gear investment.

I've heard of a lot of people that use Mace for early Yoda fight & I myself used Consular just because he was at 4.5 stars from Bronziums. Figured, well I can farm half a star in Cantina v/s a lot more shards of a "better" jedi.
  • Seperatists
    I farmed seperatists because padme is ten times better than thrawn and palpatine plus it gives you a head start on gas
  • EffAPublicEyeD
    242 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    BOTH.

What's this "or" nonsense?
  • Pheonix
    I always say that, the multiple tags of the phoenix bring benefits

Secrets and shadows gets fragments of sith
    Military Might brings the fragments of the empire
    2 out of 5 jedi to bring separatist fragments into the ground war

All events with an average of approximately 30 days.

Whose separatists bring fragments of whom in cyclical events? None.

Case closed.
  • Seperatists
    Okay guys I want to talk about a common misconception about the Separatists and fleet arena.
    SEPARATISTS PROVIDE THE BEST EARLY GAME FLEET AND A EXCELLENT HEAD START
    First let me share the data of my two F2P March accounts, a bit more than 1 month into fleet arena:
    Separatist account: Mace, Ahsoka, Geo Soldier, Geo spy starting; Sun Fac and Plo reinforce. Avg power 22000, avg rank 30-60. Around 60-80 hyperdrives in this shard. Squad Arena best rank achieved 186.
    FO/ Resistance account: Ackbar, Vader, Biggs, TIE Silencer starting; ITB, Resistance X-Wing, Rey's Falcon reinforce. Avg power 22000, avg rank 15-30. Around 30-45 hyperdrives in this shard.
    Also, both these ranks are achieved in the first two weeks, and I managed to hold them both. The numbers tell the story. You'll be hard pressed to find another f2p player with a March 2020 account with results even close.
  • Seperatists
    If I had the time to start another account and the patience to go F2P, I would The Geo ships can be farmed from the Galactic War store before you even unlock fleet arena, which gives you a nice headstart.

The only "Heatstart" you can get in Fleet is Kylo-U & Silencer.

I didn't say anything about nodes. Once more with emphasis:
    The Geo ships can be farmed from the Galactic War store before you even unlock fleet arena, which gives you a nice headstart.

fvgldmywazek.png

3api89qc1y7t.png

The top 3 positions in the GW store are always ships. There is a total of 17 ships on rotation that can all be farmed as soon as you unlock GW (at level 40, I think. Not entirely sure). A complete store inventory can be found here: https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Galactic_War_Store
  • Seperatists
    BOTH.

What's this "or" nonsense?

Of course. The only question is when, or in which order.
  • Pheonix

The top 3 positions in the GW store are always ships. There is a total of 17 ships on rotation that can all be farmed as soon as you unlock GW (at level 40, I think. Not entirely sure). A complete store inventory can be found here: https://wiki.swgoh.help/wiki/Galactic_War_Store

Please read what I said again.

Let ME emphasize for you.

THAT ROW OF SHIPS IS NOT THERE AT LEVEL 40.

The Row of Ships in the G-War store does not show up till L60.

You can't farm them early. Prior to activating Ship the first slot is Zeb.

Just like the Zeta's in the fleet store are not there at L60 & show up at L80-85ish.

You've probably been playing too long to remember that :)

Someone with a brand new acct can feel free to confirm that, but I've only been playing a year, & I'm about 95% positive they only arrived after I opened fleet & Zeb was the top slot prior to L60.

• Pretty sure that is not the case DD.

Just like the Zeta's in the fleet store are not there at L60 & show up at L80-85ish.

Someone with a brand new acct can feel free to confirm that, but I've only been playing a year, & I'm about 95% positive they only arrived after I opened fleet & Zeb was the top slot prior to L60.

That's how recall the gw store operating as well
  • Seperatists

Yes it only appears at level 60, but the fact remains that you can farm the geo pilots very early (except Sun Fac) and get them geared to G8 by the time you get to 60. The soldier ship is given to you, so no problem with that; the spy ship takes only 25 shards to unlock, so you'll get him first week. It'll take two more weeks to get Sun Fac. But during that first week, unless you're very lucky, all you'll be doing is climbing through stupidly weak lineups to the top 50.
    Besides, I don't recall being able to farm Phoenix ships before 60. To be honest, phoenix ships are actually a longer farm than geos by far (the difference being at least a month, I tested it, Phoenix ships don't even appear at GW store, which is the easiest place to farm ships).
    Also, the ship button appears at level 20-30; while the ship nodes appear at 60. Nothing to do with 40 at all, 40's where you unlock GW. Zetas appear at level 81. For one who just created two new accounts three months ago, I'm very sure about what I'm talking about.
  • Aandien
    36 posts Member
    Like anything in this game, hoarding has value. If the gw store doesn't have them...who cares. It eventually will. Hoard the material so you can buy 4 shards 4 times a day instead of 4 shards once per day until you've exhausted the saved up gw currency
  • EA_Joz
    4056 posts EA Staff (retired)
    I farmed the Phoenix first and then the Separatists.
  • Saxguru
    69 posts Member
    Pheonix
    Now that I have 7* thrawn and palp mixed with the Vader buff I am stoked that I went phoenix. I have decent light side and dark side teams for a noob.
  • Pheonix
    Yes it only appears at level 60, but the fact remains that you can farm the geo pilots very early (except Sun Fac) and get them geared to G8 by the time you get to 60. The soldier ship is given to you, so no problem with that; the spy ship takes only 25 shards to unlock, so you'll get him first week. It'll take two more weeks to get Sun Fac. But during that first week, unless you're very lucky, all you'll be doing is climbing through stupidly weak lineups to the top 50.

Besides, I don't recall being able to farm Phoenix ships before 60. To be honest, phoenix ships are actually a longer farm than geos by far (the difference being at least a month, I tested it, Phoenix ships don't even appear at GW store, which is the easiest place to farm ships).

Also, the ship button appears at level 20-30; while the ship nodes appear at 60. Nothing to do with 40 at all, 40's where you unlock GW. Zetas appear at level 81. For one who just created two new accounts three months ago, I'm very sure about what I'm talking about.

When it comes to early ships, my #1 suggestion is KYLU KYLU KYLU.

Unlike every single other ship in the game, Kylo-U + Silencer are available BEFORE L60.

So having Kylo as your 3rd farm from Cantina energy after Ezra/Kera is really important IMHO.

Getting him to 4* at least by 60 gives you a huge advantage for early fleet.

Now, aside from Silencer, first ships is up for debate, as long as its a focus on DarkSide.

Gotta go Exec & 5 DS ships initially to get Zetas

I started before Brood Alpha was released so I didn't go GEOs but I could see why people would these days for sure.

I went Silencer, Vader, Boba, Imp TIE, & FO TIE.
    Mostly because I had an Empire team & Imp TIE became my 5th for R2D2.

But I would gladly trade in those TIEs for a pair of GEOs if I was starting a new acct today.

My suggestion for farming ships is to work on 2 DS ships first with GW Coins & then follow w/ Biggs.

Fleet Currency I would put towards the purchases to start (TIE-Advanced, Slave-1, Sun Fac, Sun Fac's Fighter).
    Once Sun Fac is done, then I switch over to Phoenix Ships.

Getting a solid DS fleet up early is key for being able to get Zetas.

Then work on Rebels once you have the Zeta challenges completed.
  • Pheonix
    i'm doing phoenix rn with the hopes that they can be better than my current team (https://swgoh.gg/p/839194799/) and because i can get thrawn, palpatine, and yoda(7*windu, 6*jc, 5* ashoka, hopefully 5* kanan and ezra soon)
    no longer a f2p since i bought the hyperdrive bundle
  • BB6
    19 posts Member
    Pheonix
    Hey all! New here. Signed up because this is quite literally my new obsession. I started out unconventionally though. I wasn't using any sort of strategy. I learned the game on the go and started farming whatever characters came to me (the usuals, Jedi Consular, Clone Trooper etc.) and also spent money simply to get characters I wanted.

It wasn't until recently I read up a lot on the game and realized the strategies I should be playing this with so I went to work farming Phoenix Squad and have since only spent money on crystals for energy refreshes. The bad news is I feel like I've wasted this money and sort of have this mixed bag of characters, many of which are useless right now (also wasted resources trying to farm and level up every character equally, ugh). The good news is at the same time I have a leg up in terms of my next farms because of the work I did previously. For instance, I have a 6*, gear level 7 Vader and 5* gear level 7 Tarkin so I've got a good head start on my Empire squad, which I've read is the best next step after farming PS. I also have all of Bastila, Jolee and Old Ben, who I'll eventually combine with Ezra and Kanan for I believe it's the GMY event.

Anyway, don't mean to hijack this thread. Just wanted to introduce myself and all that to say I started with Phoenix since they're such a versatile squad. Just going through the grind of getting them to 7* and at least Gear level 8.
  • Pheonix
    @BB6 Im in the same boat. Started about two months ago with no strategy. Kinda just went with the flow. Farmed Vader naturally and went after Plasma and Boba. Now I’m at level 64 with a so-so neutral team, crappy fleet / ranks, messed up mods, and low resources.

After some research, I also started farming Phoenix. I’ve been continually farming their shards and I’m going to get them to four or five stars before I start gearing / adding abilities.

Only plus side, like you, is I have a decent start on a good Empire / DS team. DV, GMT, Plasma, and ITF are all moving along nicely. BF and IG-86 also have a good start.

LS isn’t going as well. Mace and JC are my two most powerful toons, but it drops after that.

Anyway, this game is definitely addicting but can be **** frustrating with the constant resource crunch and slow pace / grind.

Good luck!
  • BB6
    19 posts Member
    Pheonix
    heateris wrote: »
    @BB6 Im in the same boat. Started about two months ago with no strategy. Kinda just went with the flow. Farmed Vader naturally and went after Plasma and Boba. Now I’m at level 64 with a so-so neutral team, crappy fleet / ranks, messed up mods, and low resources.

After some research, I also started farming Phoenix. I’ve been continually farming their shards and I’m going to get them to four or five stars before I start gearing / adding abilities.

Only plus side, like you, is I have a decent start on a good Empire / DS team. DV, GMT, Plasma, and ITF are all moving along nicely. BF and IG-86 also have a good start.

LS isn’t going as well. Mace and JC are my two most powerful toons, but it drops after that.

Anyway, this game is definitely addicting but can be **** frustrating with the constant resource crunch and slow pace / grind.

Good luck!

Thanks!

I've sort of gotten on track, but I'm kinda cheating (whaling, is it called?) I'm spending more money than I probably should on crystals for tons of energy refreshes and occasionally some gear. My entire PS is at Level 72, 7* now and Gear 8, and uniques, Hera's lead and basics at ability level 7. They've also got decent mods. I've unlocked 7* EP and 5* Thrawn so right now I'm focusing on the grind to get to at least Level 80 when I can then omega up Hera's lead and the others uniques. At that point I should be able to unlock 7* Thrawn and I'll have a full Empire team of EP(L), Vader, Thrawn, Tarkin and TFP.

I'm also slowly farming Old Ben, Bastila and Jolee. They're far from done but combined with Kanan and Ezra they've been a good arena Jedi team. They're also the same team I've used to unlock 5* Yoda and waiting to farm Bastila and Jolee to 6* so that I can continue and unlock him at 7*.

Beyond that my plan is to farm the rest of the KOTOR group for Revan eventually, as well as put together a good BH/Scoundrel team for credit heists. Lot's on the agenda! The thing that's still a little exasperating for me is mods. That's why I synced my account with swgoh.gg because at this point I need someone to tell me if I'm doing it right at all. So far I'm using a guide but I've burned through so many credits trying to match mods to what the guide is saying because I don't seem to have a mind of my own with it.

Anyway, good luck to ya too!