When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Prev13456723
Cuz you know, initial balance - SLKR is elite attacker and more than reliable on offense, Rey is more solid defensively and better at arena overall - is broken.
Seriously, this is a bad players experience - to choose from two announced kits to find out one of them was buffed month after, and now you have worse arena squad and relic 5 Rose Tico, urghhh

Replies

• But now if you add JKL and GAS under Rey lead you have the best team in the game
  • Dude if you think people got all the requirements for GL’s in the two days before the event came out during the kit release you are high. Also you made the decision to get rey don’t be salty if she isn’t as good. She can still beat kylo... and if rey could be beaten by gas you would be crying for her to get a buff. There is no reason to beat the most powerful pvp character in the game
  • People made the decision on who they were gonna get long before the kit was announced
  • Lol. oh how the tables has turned.

Moaning at start that SLKR is rubbish. Then a slight buff on him, GL Rey is rubbish?
  • May just be me but I'm 100% glad I didn't get the first two GLs. I personally don't believe any toon is worth that kind of investment or headache. Fun mode activated.
  • But now if you add JKL and GAS under Rey lead you have the best team in the game

that's not true at all.
  • They wont buff Rey as they want you to farm kylo.... if you do not then say goodbye to the best route to get g12 pieces in game
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    If you went for a GL before even knowing the kits - own fault
    If you didn't compare the pro/contra arguments for each and are now upset that your GL is bad at something that the other GL is better at - own fault
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    If you didn't compare the pro/contra arguments for each and are now upset that your GL is bad at something that the other GL is better at - own fault
    They changed one of the kits AFTER people unlocked GLs. Whose fault is that?
  • Hopefully she never gets buffed. Glad I went with Kylo.
  • Riozoba wrote: »
    Hopefully she never gets buffed. Glad I went with Kylo.
    “I’m alright, Jack”
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Legend91 wrote: »

And it changed nothing. Yes it made Kylo a little bit stronger and it shut down the GAS+1 thing (which I was not a fan of) but GL Rey still beats Kylo and vice versa. Different kinds of mixed counter teams still defeat different kinds of Kylo teams. No relevance for the FO fleet, no relevance for HSR.
  • chmoAr0ufif0u
    83 posts Member
    edited June 2020

And it changed nothing. Yes it made Kylo a little bit stronger and it shut down the GAS+1 thing (which I was not a fan of) but GL Rey still beats Kylo and vice versa. Different kinds of mixed counter teams still defeat different kinds of Kylo teams. No relevance for the FO fleet, no relevance for HSR.

A little stronger with ultimate loops, solo raid, (almost) impossible to kill without bringing 4 previous meta. hmmm, kind of biased aren't we?

It doesn't matter. If one of them got buffs to be more equal, then Rey should get Syphon + Ult start at 60% and lasting 2-3 turns + anti-Mark thing SLKR has. Now it's kinda fraud - I never saw new Kylo's kit to choose him as they buffed it AFTER, he wasn't (and wasn't supposed to) so good defensively at all, his full FO squads performed awfully, etc.

A little stronger with ultimate loops, solo raid, (almost) impossible to kill without bringing 4 previous meta. hmmm, kind of biased aren't we?
    He’s an SLKR owner, so there is no “kind of” about it.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member

Which ultimate loops? He was able to easily solo the HSR before the buff so I don't see how the buff has any relevance in that regard (hence I stated that above - no relevance for HSR). SE + Thrawn + pretaunt counters a full FO SLKR team just to name an example, that's 1 meta team (SE) + 2 side chars so I don't see where you would lose 4 previous meta teams (not to forget that you don't lose a full team just because you take 1 char away from that team, clones can be still used under Shaak-Ti if you take out GAS).
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

It doesn't matter. If one of them got buffs to be more equal, then Rey should get Syphon + Ult start at 60% and lasting 2-3 turns + anti-Mark thing SLKR has. Now it's kinda fraud - I never saw new Kylo's kit to choose him as they buffed it AFTER, he wasn't (and wasn't supposed to) so good defensively at all, his full FO squads performed awfully, etc.

Ah, because Kylo got a small addition to his kit Rey should get major parts of Kylos kit, lol. If Kylo is "so good defensively" I wonder why I'm still dropping in the ladder...And you never had to set a full FO on defense to begin with. There are enough options that were better for arena such as SLKR with SE or GAS,Fives,Hux,SLKR,Malak so if people felt the need to set full FO SLKR on defense that was their own fault.
  • chmoAr0ufif0u
    83 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    You are dropping because of the AI cheese. Which needs to be addressed. The moment it gets addressed you will only see Reys with GK JKR GAS to use savior and crit immunity to block the crit train

Kylo does ultimate loops. Not one after the other but with interval of one turn. Plenty of videos out there.

The only thing ppl ask for rey is crit immunity while ultimate, and possibly, during her ultimate to prevent her from getting stacks (or take slower) so that we won't get another loop.

Edit 2: Let apart teams that counter the GLs. Look at Rey vs SLKR.

Which ultimate loops? He was able to easily solo the HSR before the buff so I don't see how the buff has any relevance in that regard (hence I stated that above - no relevance for HSR). SE + Thrawn + pretaunt counters a full FO SLKR team just to name an example, that's 1 meta team (SE) + 2 side chars so I don't see where you would lose 4 previous meta teams (not to forget that you don't lose a full team just because you take 1 char away from that team, clones can be still used under Shaak-Ti if you take out GAS).
    Dmitry_M81 wrote: »

Ah, because Kylo got a small addition to his kit Rey should get major parts of Kylos kit, lol. If Kylo is "so good defensively" I wonder why I'm still dropping in the ladder...And you never had to set a full FO on defense to begin with. There are enough options that were better for arena such as SLKR with SE or GAS,Fives,Hux,SLKR,Malak so if people felt the need to set full FO SLKR on defense that was their own fault.

Reading that just proves that you have no idea at all what you are talking about
    Sadly
    But one day you will learn the truth
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

This. CG basically punished people for learning the pros and cons of each - because they buffed one after people had comiitted to - or already unlocked the other.

I'm not sure why this is such a difficult concept for people to understand.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Blake085
    190 posts Member
    100% agree. SLK's kit is so bloated in comparison.

I'm not complaining and I'm glad they worked to fix the cheese, but there's something interesting, why are they cool with SLK+Wat cheese against Rey teams? Just because is a GL? That alone proves the point that SLK kit is so OP that he can take a GL with a full team.

I and probably most of Rey users aren't even asking CG to buff Rey in a way that she becomes better than him, they just need to be on par with each other.

This is a bad precedent for GLs, next time people won't jump into one until they see how they actually perform in game and even more, there will always be a fear of choosing wrong because CG probably will **** us by buffing just one of them.

#BuffRey
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Why is everyone complaining? One character will always be better than another. You just have to put up with it. If everyone knew Kylo was trash, then they should’ve known he was going to get buffed eventually. Wait until Rey gets buffed, can’t wait to start hearing people making threads about how Kylo needs a buff to be as good as Rey.
    Bad player’s experience? In the end if you could go for GL Rey, then why not do what you did for her and whale out on Kylo? Surely that’s not a big request.
    And to the guy above me, sure you might not be asking to buff a Rey to make her better than Kylo, but rather to make them on par, but people will find a way to make one better than the other. If she gets buffed and her and Kylo are equal, people will add JKL into the team. He’s already putting in work against Kylo, and if you did this, all the Kylo owners will get mad.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Why is everyone complaining? One character will always be better than another.
    Because most players have limited resources and were forced to choose to commit to one or the other. CG changed the effectiveness of one after many people had either unlocked or at least had already committed significant resources toward the other. In other words, most people's decision was based on false information. Again, not sure how this is so difficult for people to grasp.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Why is everyone complaining? One character will always be better than another. You just have to put up with it. If everyone knew Kylo was trash, then they should’ve known he was going to get buffed eventually. Wait until Rey gets buffed, can’t wait to start hearing people making threads about how Kylo needs a buff to be as good as Rey.
    Bad player’s experience? In the end if you could go for GL Rey, then why not do what you did for her and whale out on Kylo? Surely that’s not a big request.
    And to the guy above me, sure you might not be asking to buff a Rey to make her better than Kylo, but rather to make them on par, but people will find a way to make one better than the other. If she gets buffed and her and Kylo are equal, people will add JKL into the team. He’s already putting in work against Kylo, and if you did this, all the Kylo owners will get mad.
    This “whale out” nonsense is well wide of the mark, and cheapens an already flimsy argument.

Lots of people have obtained one of the GLs without spending money. And anyway, surely those that did spend money on Rey are entitled to complain? They invested in one of 2 alternatives, only for the other option to be amended after the fact.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Why is everyone complaining? One character will always be better than another.
    Because most players have limited resources and were forced to choose to commit to one or the other. CG changed the effectiveness of one after many people had either unlocked or at least had already committed significant resources toward the other. In other words, most people's decision was based on false information. Again, not sure how this is so difficult for people to grasp.

Yes, I know that. However, most of the people I assume are complaining have spent money. It only makes sense. So why can’t they just go for Kylo?
    However, if Rey does get a buff and becomes better than Kylo (which she most likely will), all the people who got Kylo will start complaining.
  • So, the advice you’re offering to people is “spend some money”?
  • JediFrost wrote: »
    I’d say it has more to do with the fact that their both perfectly good characters who now are basically on par with one another in squad arena but where Kylo is a beast to the max in what is still the new yet oh so old content being the sith raid, Rey is about as useful as all the other average characters in this game, which to feel a little cheated on the requirements to get Rey seems relatively fair to me.

I don't feel so much cheated on requirements. I do however feel that Rey should be buffed either to be on par with Kylo in PvE or buffed so she is once again superior to him in PvP.

IMHO when you make a release in pairs, they should either both be equal in pvp/pve OR one should be greater in one mode and lesser in the other.

Right now Kylo = Pvp > Pve. That's an imbalance.
  • So, the advice you’re offering to people is “spend some money”?

To people who have already spent money.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    CG dont care about you. In the statistics, more players went for Rey because she seemed better in pvp. Now that the balance in number was for Rey, they buffed Kylo to force people to go for him and restore balance to the holy statistics.

Simple school maths, awful game design, no consideration for players, make money twice. CG way of life.

Sad but true