Kit Touch Up: Darth Vader

Replies

• Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Anyone else feel like the cool down is a bit long. I’d think more like a six or seven would be more appropriate. But then again I haven’t seen it in action yet.

I think it's fine. Considering you can get Vader to take 4-5 turns in a row at the beginning, it makes sense. That, and he only removes the debuff from one enemy at a time.
  • GJO
    172 posts Member
    Man, doing this and reworking Mace.... you'll get all the love you deserve!
  • Darth_Uuchi this ability gives Vader 6 bonus turns of course that 9 turn cooldown is enough
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Kountkajh wrote: »
    When is update?
    ಠ_ಠ
    czptzxffgz4y.png

This is the funniest thing I have seen all day. Good job @CG_SBCrumb. Glad to see you've escaped the many folds of Jabba.
    That's Mr. Oops to you!
  • Will there be a touch up on his damage?
    Given that he has the possibility to take up to 6 turns before anyone else on the field, I'm gonna say he does not need a damage boost.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Will there be a touch up on his damage?
    Given that he has the possibility to take up to 6 turns before anyone else on the field, I'm gonna say he does not need a damage boost.

I want him to one shot everyone! That way the is still 1 turn left over in case some dodges!
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    @CG_SBCrumb can we get a confirmation that you did a vader force choke when you found out the road ahead was delayed last week?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV2DLkDPwM8

You are in command now Admiral Piett...

Like that but with a kowakian monkey-lizard
    Is merciless target considered a debuff? Can it be dispelled? - @CG_SBCrumb _SB
    Its a blue Status effect and not dispellable (Not that you would have time to)
    Anyone else feel like the cool down is a bit long. I’d think more like a six or seven would be more appropriate. But then again I haven’t seen it in action yet.
    The cooldown starts immediately and you can take up to 5 turns. It goes much faster than you would think
  • @CG_SBCrumb -- does the AI use this ability first, and is it coded to prioritize targets with merciless target?
  • This looks absolutely epic. I am looking forwards to this.
    superawesomepi#1512 | My Youtube | swgoh.gg
  • Don't know if this has been answered but does merciless massacre start on cooldown?
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Don't know if this has been answered but does merciless massacre start on cooldown?

It doesn't. Dev Insights post recommends using the new ability on Vader's first or second turn.
  • Fingolfin26
    270 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb can we get a confirmation that you did a vader force choke when you found out the road ahead was delayed last week?

@CG_SBCrumb
    So is that confirmation that the road ahead is definitely coming this week? After all the one responsible for the delay is dead and surely their replacement is not as clumsy or stupid as to incur your wrath 😂
  • CG_SBCrumb
    @CG_SBCrumb -- does the AI use this ability first, and is it coded to prioritize targets with merciless target?
    Vader should start with it most of the time and he prioritize Merciless Targets over anything else
    Don't know if this has been answered but does merciless massacre start on cooldown?
    It does not start on cooldown and can be used immediately
  • HK22
    644 posts Member

Is merciless target considered a debuff? Can it be dispelled? - @CG_SBCrumb _SB
    Its a blue Status effect and not dispellable (Not that you would have time to)
    The cooldown starts immediately and you can take up to 5 turns. It goes much faster than you would think

In typical SWGOH fashion, Admiral Piett confirmed?
  • Zynix17 wrote: »
    Chest plate is centered.
    Is it?
    qacd3lrjb7mu.jpg

• Silverspawn
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Does the Vader NPC character in all events where he appears ( jedi Luke event, mighty assault, etc ) will have this new kit ?
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Zynix17 wrote: »
    Chest plate is centered.
    Is it?
    qacd3lrjb7mu.jpg

You... you know you can rotate your torso, right?
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    Merciless: nw7ooyumqi57.png
    Ehm, excuse me?`Oof....
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • CG_SBCrumb
    edited June 2020
    The designer, CG_Miller, pointed out we didn't include what buffs Merciless gives to Vader besides the immunity to Fear and Turn Meter manipulation. So for those folks asking about if Vader is going to be able to do more damage...

Merciless: +50% Offense, +25% Critical Chance, and +50% Critical Damage; immune to Fear and Turn Meter manipulation

Added to the OP
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    NOW THAT IS ONE GOOD SURPRISE! :D:D
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    The designer, CG_Miller, pointed out we didn't include what buffs Merciless gives to Vader besides the immunity to Fear and Turn Meter manipulation. So for those folks asking about if Vader is going to be able to do more damage...

Merciless: +50% Offense, +25% Critical Chance, and +50% Critical Damage; immune to Fear and Turn Meter manipulation

Added to the OP

SOLD! TYVM
  • @CG_SBCrumb Can i get a zeta mats refund for his leader ability? so i can use it for the new ability? as his leader ability is practically useless

• Ultra
    11449 posts Moderator
    Deadley wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Can i get a zeta mats refund for his leader ability? so i can use it for the new ability? as his leader ability is practically useless

I’d argue his lead is now very good due to this special ability
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Lio wrote: »
    So he's turning his head and legs one way and his torso the other (as show by the misalignment of his belt and chest piece), while his coat/cape (attached to his shoulders/torso) looks like its facing in both direction?
    That doesn't look like a very natural pose to me. :/

• KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb Can i get a zeta mats refund for his leader ability? so i can use it for the new ability? as his leader ability is practically useless

Agree. He can keep the TM reduction running for a long time now.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

Added to the OP

1. Thanks for all this communication today, its really refreshing.
    2. Can you give us an idea on what day the road ahead is?
    3. Does this effect the event Vader in the JKL event with would make it harder?
  • Lio wrote: »
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Zynix17 wrote: »
    Chest plate is centered.
    Is it?
    qacd3lrjb7mu.jpg

Yes but that shouldn't lead to a suit you're wearing to get that out of line. Turn your torso right now and see how far your shirt moves off center without your pants doing likewise
  • Ultra wrote: »

ye okay didn't think of that :smile:
  • CG_SBCrumb
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »

Added to the OP

1. Thanks for all this communication today, its really refreshing.
    2. Can you give us an idea on what day the road ahead is?
    3. Does this effect the event Vader in the JKL event with would make it harder?
    1. Thank you folks for being awesome! Glad to help
    2. Unfortunately I can't give you an exact date at the moment. We are looking to share it by the end of this week but subject to change
    3. These changes should not impact the event version of Darth Vader
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I guess Crumb didnt use Merciless Target in his Road Ahead meeting. Kyno WINK* Does this news mean that we will not get the RA until at least Thursday? I base this off the drip drip drip of info that is your style.

Not my style.

And IDK
This discussion has been closed.