Kit Touch Up: Darth Vader

Replies

• Cool touch up, but uh... now is a good time to have sandbox mode.

Got new toons geared, ROLO, CHS, JKL, KAM, all the GL trash toon requirements, Vader new ability...

But I gotta test them where? Galactic War... :(
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    jnzbz5fh4kve.gif
    Judging from this animation, the "wrong" perception we have of his pose might be due to the depth of his "chest box". :o
  • So with EP lead, Vader is already essentially getting a bonus turn from Force Crush for dropping all those debuffs if there's at least three enemies. I'm curious how MM plays with that. He also gets a bonus turn on Saber Throw finishing blow. So are we getting DOUBLE the bonus turns, or are the bonus turns that were already there being negated/canceled out?
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Iy4oy4s wrote: »
    I guess Crumb didnt use Merciless Target in his Road Ahead meeting. Kyno WINK* Does this news mean that we will not get the RA until at least Thursday? I base this off the drip drip drip of info that is your style.

Not my style.

And IDK

I got my answer from Crumb above. Next week it is! (Would love to be wrong)

But seriously...I am really digging this new Crumb that has exploded onto the forums. Hope he sticks around!
  • Strubz
    429 posts Member
    Now this is exciting! All they need to do now is center Vader's chest.

Great. I can't unsee this when I look at Vader now. You've ruined August for all of us.
  • @CG_SBCrumb
    But the road ahead is still coming in June right?
  • Strubz wrote: »
    Now this is exciting! All they need to do now is center Vader's chest.

Great. I can't unsee this when I look at Vader now. You've ruined August for all of us.
    Maybe, but July is going to be ever so sweet. ;)

• Is this a bug? Where is the “immune to fear and dont trigger bonus turns” part of the ability? It’s seen in the upgrade screen but not the ability?b7yj05zxl01c.jpeg
  • Mike10003 wrote: »
    Is this a bug? Where is the “immune to fear and dont trigger bonus turns” part of the ability? It’s seen in the upgrade screen but not the ability?b7yj05zxl01c.jpeg

Lol maybe put on some glasses and read the second paragraph, that starts merciless:
  • Mike10003
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    You’re right, I missed the fear part there. I intended to mean more of the “bonus turn from enemies” part. I ask because I saw a vid where Malak took a bonus turn while DV was in Merciless mode and that wasnt suppose to happen, I thought.

This one: https://youtu.be/V1ehd_hLQx8
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb -- does the AI use this ability first, and is it coded to prioritize targets with merciless target?
    Vader should start with it most of the time

@CG_SBCrumb

Can you please doublecheck with the designers on the AI's intended priority?

After numerous tests this response appears to be false. I've had the AI prioritize Force Crush (AoE) in 20 of 20 different tests. Leading with AoE is only beneficial under Palpatine lead, due to the TM gain. In all other scenarios, he would benefit more from the AI prioritizing Merciless Massacre.
    Meatbag
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    [*] Unfortunately I can't give you an exact date at the moment. We are looking to share it by the end of this week but subject to change

Is that change possibly a shift left? Like mid-week? Because that would be one for the W column

• Happens in this one too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYkJtDG8n9o

When Savior is triggered on GAS, GAS takes his bonus turn mid-Massacre. @CG_SBCrumb
    @CG_SBCrumb -- does the AI use this ability first, and is it coded to prioritize targets with merciless target?
    Vader should start with it most of the time

@CG_SBCrumb

Can you please doublecheck with the designers on the AI's intended priority?

After numerous tests this response appears to be false. I've had the AI prioritize Force Crush (AoE) in 20 of 20 different tests. Leading with AoE is only beneficial under Palpatine lead, due to the TM gain. In all other scenarios, he would benefit more from the AI prioritizing Merciless Massacre.

Meaning a SLKR team would benefit from this behavior on defense :) I think GLs are tough enough to counter as they are and SLKR already received a major upgrade. I'm fine with the AI as it is now.
    You’re right, I missed the fear part there. I intended to mean more of the “bonus turn from enemies” part. I ask because I saw a vid where Malak took a bonus turn while DV was in Merciless mode and that wasnt suppose to happen, I thought.

This one: https://youtu.be/V1ehd_hLQx8

Vader is so over powered taking out that team.
  • Under a palp lead you can get 10 turns in a row right? So long as you can land debuffs.
    1.Crush (TM gain from palp)
    2.Merciless(bonus)
    3.Any(bonus1)
    4.Any(bonus2)
    5.Any(b3)
    6.Any(b4)
    7.Any(b5)
    8.Culling blade(is this a bonus turn on kill, or turn meter manipulation? Depends if merciless goes away before tm gain tries to happen)
    9.Crush(extra tm from palp maybe not enough enemies left now).
    10.basic.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Happens in this one too: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYkJtDG8n9o

When Savior is triggered on GAS, GAS takes his bonus turn mid-Massacre. @CG_SBCrumb

To follow up on this - are Vader teams stomping GLs working as intended? I'm sure players getting ready to pour relics into Vet Chewie, Rose, Holdo and others would love to know if they're wasting months of resources....
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • scuba
    14034 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    His bonus turns do not trigger other characters' effects based on bonus turns or Turn Meter gain so, yes that would prevent other characters from taking a turn in the middle of his rampage. Counter attacks can still happen though
    @CG_SBCrumb you may need to revise that statment or something is broke

Orginal question was
    @CG_SBCrumb does the second part of the new unique mean that the addition/dispelling of merciless target and any other debuffs while he takes bonus turns won't generate TM under an EP lead? Or does this just prevent Malak/JKA/Padme from jumping in the middle of his bonus turns?

As you can see JKA is clearing jumping in the middle of his rampage
    XlPIsHr.gif
  • Hortus
    615 posts Member
    Wow... just wow! Btw, how fast he can feed up his grandchild's ultimate now?
  • VasilAhil84
    11 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Well CG,good job and next nerf to my Rey,now Vader one shoot her just like this with 700k hits hahahaah.Pls just give me back my 💰 spended on Rey,and get her useless kit back,I don't need her...
  • So we got the Vader rework. Now where is the road ahead.
  • XiXiS
    48 posts Member
    This is a lovely touch-up, I really enjoy with this change.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    So we got the Vader rework. Now where is the road ahead.

The end of this week from what crumb mentioned.
  • KKatarn wrote: »
    So we got the Vader rework. Now where is the road ahead.

The end of this week from what crumb mentioned.

Hopefully it doesn't get delayed to next week.
  • I know a lot of people have been critical of CG over the last few months, which was rightfully deserved. But, this is an awesome update to an iconic Star Wars character, so thank you. Also, it's great to see you again @CG_SBCrumb, I hope you've been well.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Love the Vader touch up! But it should be fixed interms of gaining a bonus turn like Padme, JKR, Malak etc. They get a bonus turn but they shouldn't.
    While Merciless, Darth Vader is immune to Fear and Turn Meter manipulation, and his bonus turns do not trigger other characters' effects based on bonus turns or Turn Meter gain.
    I assume this is the line people mean when they say that enemy gain bonus turn when they shouldn't (like Malak and JKA). To which I ask: Where does it say it prevents enemy bonus turns? It says that Dath vader's Bonus turns don't trigger other characters effects. I personally thought this meant effects like Probe Droid's unique, where he gains turn meter at the end of every Empire ally's turn, or Darth Nihilus inflicting Health Down at the start of an enemy's turn. Or at least effects among those lines. (thou some confirmation on this would be nice)
    It most certainly does not say it prevents enemy bonus turns or turn meter gain thou. It says specifically that it prevents effects reacting to his bonus turns. JKA and Malak gain bonus turns based on the damage they or their allies receive. This is thus not an effect reacting to Vader's bonus turns, and thus won't be prevented. JKA and Malak gaining bonus turns during merciless is exactly what I would expect to happen.
  • Mike10003
    9 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    @CG_SBCrumb does the second part of the new unique mean that the addition/dispelling of merciless target and any other debuffs while he takes bonus turns won't generate TM under an EP lead? Or does this just prevent Malak/JKA/Padme from jumping in the middle of his bonus turns?
    His bonus turns do not trigger other characters' effects based on bonus turns or Turn Meter gain so, yes that would prevent other characters from taking a turn in the middle of his rampage. Counter attacks can still happen though

What does this post by Crumb on the first page mean then? @Ichiraikou

What does this post by Crumb on the first page mean then? @Ichiraikou

@Mike10003 that I hadn't seen that post of him. Guess I was wrong after all, still weirdly worded thou.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    If the bonus turn thing was affecting Rey/Kylo we would've already have a "We are currently investigating the issue" announcement or immediate hotfix.
    But it's just Vader so nahhhh.....
    Will just be another addition to the long list of things that CG doesn't give a darn about.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
This discussion has been closed.