Vader gonna get nerfed?

Replies

• I just wanted people to know there was some consistency and that it doesn't look like a complete fluke.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    I just wanted people to know there was some consistency and that it doesn't look like a complete fluke.

There are several videos now. Very consistent. Multiple team comps too.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    StarSon wrote: »
    I just wanted people to know there was some consistency and that it doesn't look like a complete fluke.

Does it work against SLK or just Rey?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

I’ve still only seen Rey. So no need to worry about it being nerfed.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

So you think Rey will get buffed instead? Why would CG make 1 GL much more easily countered?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member

So you think Rey will get buffed instead? Why would CG make 1 GL much more easily countered?

No, they want Rey to be the worse of the two.

But maybe they’ll leave it so there’s a cheese for each GL?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2020

Except they buffed SLK to take away the cheese that beat him. Why would they want Rey to be worse? I guess I'm not understanding the thought process here. Why would anyone ever farm for GLRey if SLK is better, more useful in other game modes and less easily cheesed?

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member

Except they buffed SLK to take away the cheese that beat him. Why would they want Rey to be worse? I guess I'm not understanding the thought process here.

No, they buffed SLK to stop the two man team. You can still cheese him with GAS 5s and another 501st.

And I have no idea why they want her to be worse, but she is objectively the worse of the two, and they’ve left her that way, but given SLK two buffs.
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »

Except they buffed SLK to take away the cheese that beat him. Why would they want Rey to be worse? I guess I'm not understanding the thought process here.

He’s prob talking about the padme/fives cheese.

I don’t consider the Vader counter a cheese. People just use the term cheese for anything that beats the meta.

They might have made Vader too OP, though

Calling the Vader teams cheese was just facetious. But now it’s a super accessible set of teams that counters what’s supposed to be the second strongest character in the game. And it won’t change, so just don’t expect your Rey teams to hold on defense in this week’s GAC.
  • Just buff Reys kit so that her Lifeblood skill dispells DoTs and grants immunity to DoTs for the team. No other Rey counters rely on DoTs to kill off her team. So buffing her kit to prevent DoTs won’t negatively impact the other viable Rey counters. Doing that leaves the new Vader rework as is, and ensures it’s effective and powerful against other teams. Problem solved.
  • I bet all those players who spent a boatload of money on GL Rey are furious to see what hot garbage shes really turning out to be. Well done CG, I think you have busted your own game. Wish I could make a billion dollars and not have brains to do it.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

I don’t consider the Vader counter a cheese. People just use the term cheese for anything that beats the meta.

Calling the Vader teams cheese was just facetious. But now it’s a super accessible set of teams that counters what’s supposed to be the second strongest character in the game. And it won’t change, so just don’t expect your Rey teams to hold on defense in this week’s GAC.

Only if your opponent wasn't one of the people who joined GAC before the rework dropped.

• StarSon
    7405 posts Member

Only if your opponent wasn't one of the people who joined GAC before the rework dropped.

LOL oh yeah, there is that. So you might be ok this time, but next round for sure it won’t hold.
    Just buff Reys kit so that her Lifeblood skill dispells DoTs and grants immunity to DoTs for the team. No other Rey counters rely on DoTs to kill off her team. So buffing her kit to prevent DoTs won’t negatively impact the other viable Rey counters. Doing that leaves the new Vader rework as is, and ensures it’s effective and powerful against other teams. Problem solved.

Except CG won’t see it as a problem, because they aren’t concerned with how Rey performs.
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    My first two opponents put Rey on defense in GAC. I beat both of them with the JKR, GAS, Thrawn, Hyoda, Bastila team. The same team I watched videos about on youtube where the whole team was G12 and GAS was R7.

There are many teams that can do it. The issue people really have with GL's was them in 3v3 GAC.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    My first two opponents put Rey on defense in GAC. I beat both of them with the JKR, GAS, Thrawn, Hyoda, Bastila team. The same team I watched videos about on youtube where the whole team was G12 and GAS was R7.

There are many teams that can do it. The issue people really have with GL's was them in 3v3 GAC.

This.
    And you can defeat Kylo using Darth Revan teams.
    Vader is just another welcome counter for the **** GL. :D
  • bearrock
    64 posts Member
    edited June 2020

You have to break up two meta teams for that counter.

Reworked Vader runs roughshod over Rey using Vader/EP/Thrawn + GBA + WAT.

Put another way Reworked release toon >>>> most recent event toon (Jedi Luke at that). Where Jedi Luke has a specific limitations built into his kit to not make him too powerful against GLs, whatever goes for Vader.

It's astonishing how badly they botched Jedi Luke's kit and Vader's balancing. Even Luke fans stomached the subpar kit because from a business perspective, it would be too much to have Luke usurp GLs so soon. I guess that concern went out the window when they reworked a toon that's been around for nearly five years.

Note to CG: Of course anyone with an ounce of sense would've done the Vader rework first and then worked out Luke's kit so that it shuts down Vader (which would be entirely reasonable for a new event toon to do to such an old character).
  • Phoenixeon
    1842 posts Member
    bearrock wrote: »

Put another way Reworked release toon >>>> most recent event toon (Jedi Luke at that). Where Jedi Luke has a specific limitations built into his kit to not make him too powerful against GLs, whatever goes for Vader.

It's astonishing how badly they botched Jedi Luke's kit and Vader's balancing. Even Luke fans stomached the subpar kit because from a business perspective, it would be too much to have Luke usurp GLs so soon. I guess that concern went out the window when they reworked a toon that's been around for nearly five years.

Note to CG: Of course anyone with an once of sense would've done the Vader rework first and then worked out Luke's kit so that it shuts down Vader (which would be entirely reasonable for a new event toon to do to such an old character).

If you think JKL are not good enough, blame revan, seriously
  • bearrock wrote: »

Note to CG: Of course anyone with an once of sense would've done the Vader rework first and then worked out Luke's kit so that it shuts down Vader (which would be entirely reasonable for a new event toon to do to such an old character).

Vader is finally seeing his time come. CG has been criminally negligent with Vader over the years.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    rey has luke and slkr has vader. one is better on D, one is better on O. they both have multiple counters and can be beat. slkr has the advantage in the old hsth, rey and luke have the massive advantage in lsgeotb. bTalk about balanced, by CG

We want rock, paper, scissors, they said
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • StarSon
    7405 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    rey has luke and slkr has vader. one is better on D, one is better on O. they both have multiple counters and can be beat. slkr has the advantage in the old hsth, rey and luke have the massive advantage in lsgeotb. bTalk about balanced, by CG

Rey’s last advantage over SLK was GA defense. And now there’s an accessible 55+ point counter. Arena is whatever.
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Go watch Vader lead, EP, Thrawn, WAT, and GBA destroy Rey, JKL, JKR, GAS, and GK and tell me one's better on defense.

Top 10 finish in sith raid is more valuable than the additional 1-1.5 million per phase in LS geo once a month. Even with a guild full of Reys, you are looking at most about 4 more stars in LS geo. That's once a month. Compare that with top 10 finish in sith raid 8-10 times a month. It's not a comparison.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited June 2020

Rey’s last advantage over SLK was GA defense. And now there’s an accessible 55+ point counter. Arena is whatever.

500 crystals a day is whatever but some slicing mats in gac is the be all end all? lolololol
    bearrock wrote: »

Go watch Vader lead, EP, Thrawn, WAT, and GBA destroy Rey, JKL, JKR, GAS, and GK and tell me one's better on defense.

Top 10 finish in sith raid is more valuable than the additional 1-1.5 million per phase in LS geo once a month. Even with a guild full of Reys, you are looking at most about 4 more stars in LS geo. That's once a month. Compare that with top 10 finish in sith raid 8-10 times a month. It's not a comparison.

vader has nothing to do with slkr soloing hsth, but as a reply to both of you,
    tenor.gif?itemid=7400852
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I am worried as OP is. I am afraid this Vader team could classify as a "lower investment" team. And we know what happened the last time they used this term....
  • SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I am worried as OP is. I am afraid this Vader team could classify as a "lower investment" team. And we know what happened the last time they used this term....

Oh no it is definitely not a low investment, you really need to relic everyone in that team to beat the opponents, so it's not like a paper zombie kind of deal.
    The problem lies with the fact that it can beat the current meta quite easily

You gotta be kidding. 861k on a r3 rework is a low investment. Ian shocwased video using g11-g12 toons. Only Vader was reliced. (And Wat, but tthat is not essential)

(In case someone didnt see it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9MBiaYsvA)
  • Even the video title operates with the word "cheapest" which i find a little bit funny.
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    I for one will not be spending anymore on this game. Officially making GL Rey pointless. Fix her or FTP for many folks like myself.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    SerWulfgar wrote: »
    I am worried as OP is. I am afraid this Vader team could classify as a "lower investment" team. And we know what happened the last time they used this term....

So you think didnt realize any of this, and the GLs + luke + vader were totally independent and they never considered interactions?

And I guess all thise considerations couldn't be why things like this take so long.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    SerWulfgar wrote: »

So you think didnt realize any of this, and the GLs + luke + vader were totally independent and they never considered interactions?

And I guess all thise considerations couldn't be why things like this take so long.

It's not like they missed some obvious interactions with new characters ever before, right?