Vader gonna get nerfed?

Replies

• Well, ether OP Vader (he clearly is) needs to get nerfed or at leat GL Rey needs to be buffed. Ether way, one route is absolutely required to not completely destroy the logic of Galactic Legends.

Vader is basically a easy F2P toon everybody has. And now with this rework and one single Zeta he basically cuts through GL Rey with no effort. Whats the point of it?

For Rey you need to put in enormous effort / time and usually lots of money, you need to unlock her, put 6! Zetas on her and than comes Vader with no effort and beats the hell out of her.

What is the purpose of a GL Rey then? What is the purpose of going to unlock her (OK I have her) and put all the resources into her.
    What is the purpose to call her a Galatic Legend?

Come on, this is really ridiculous.

My 2 cents.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    z1v5ome0ac21.png
    Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    I'm not going to have GL for over a year so really don't have a dog in the fight. But if i had to guess they've been watching GAC and seeing people just drop a GL wall as a defensive set. Wins by blocking. Maybe they want to change the strategy to people playing though and getting max banners instead of hitting GL walls and stopping.

Just my $.02
  • Brotherius
    201 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    ZAP wrote: »
    I could see them giving Rey a buff to stop the Vader counter and I think that would be much better than nerfing Vader right after a bunch of people just poured resources into him because of the rework.

Vader teams would still be elevated above where they were and the investment is still worth it.

If they nerf Vader, it shows they did zero testing and would be the ultimate “altered deal”.

Shouldn’t a high tenacity Rey team solve this issue? Maybe there’s a resistance character that gives Rey +50% tenacity? One already in her recommended team?

Sassy attitude aside, I think the current meta was shifting toward a Rey + Jedi build and this + Jedi Luke might shift it back
  • It comes down to the great equalizer. Speed mods.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    I understand that some GL Rey owners are feeling aggrieved and arguably, they have a point but Vader re-work was released less than 24 hours ago, can the dust settle a bit before calls for the nerf bat?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I understand that some GL Rey owners are feeling aggrieved and arguably, they have a point but Vader re-work was released less than 24 hours ago, can the dust settle a bit before calls for the nerf bat?

The fact that several videos have already been posted showing various Vader teams (some barely relic'd) winning 5-0 vs. GL Rey (even with her ultimate) is the reason for the concern. The Vader counter teams will only increase in number, comps and effectiveness.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Seems that the majority of people who are upset over this are the ones who spent thousands on a GL to get it as early as possible. Nobody made anyone do that, it could have been earned cheaper (or even free) over time. You know, that really strengthens the sense of accomplishment over entitlement anyway.

We all know that in six months or so something new will drop that shifts the power dynamic. I don't understand people who spend their whole time chasing meta for arena placement...seems too stressful for something that is supposed to be fun. I'd rather have multiple teams of toons I enjoy playing in a wide spectrum of modes, but to each their own I suppose

I'll be honest, I haven't encountered a GL yet...but I never liked the idea of starting with Rey and Kylo as GL first...should have been Jedi Luke and Vader...at least their insane powers would be justified by lore. The new JKLS and Vader rework would have been strong GL templates, and nobody would be crying about Vader's new prowess
  • No need to nerf him
  • TVF
    36519 posts Member
    03Chaos wrote: »
    Seems that the majority of people who are upset over this are the ones who spent thousands on a GL to get it as early as possible.

"seems"

ok
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    ^^ I think it's more that those that went for Rey feel shafted as some think SL Kylo is now the better character (because he was buffed) and videos of Vader taking down GL Rey, but seemingly can't take out SL Kylo.

Again, she's still very much prevalent in my top 10 so it's not like she became a bad character. Still the best or second best character in the game.
  • Fhoenix
    191 posts Member
    I spent plenty on a lot including GL's I have both and 7.7 Million GP, this rework is fantastic. Vader was what drew me to star wars. "OP" or not, this is fun and I like it. I'd prefer we stop immediately jumping to nerf everything. GL's are in the past, let them die. Kill them if you have to.. and now .. you can :)
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    Hopefully he won't get nerfed. He is the Vader he should always be. Shear terror. I haven't seen such an excitement in the community for a long time and just imagine the backlash if this is taken back. Granted, they do not really care about that. But still:)
    Also there are endless pages on guild chats of mass gearing and equipping him with the zeta (or the zetas). To refund all of this would crash this game for good:D
    Rey owners - he won't stand a chance in D. And there is probably some combinations that he cannot defeat as well.
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member
    Ha, yes Guild chat has been gear and zeta upgrades on Vader all day. It's created a buzz.

As you say, Rey will stomp on him on attack and I'm sure Rey owners will theory craft squad compositions that will allow them to hold better on defence - if it's even that much of a thing anyway.
  • They are finally doing something really nice for FTP players. For those complaining, hush so we can have this one thing.
  • I’m a Rey owner and I’m excited by this rework. Vader deserves to be relevant, and I’m confident I can prevent my Rey team from getting stomped on defense. This is what the community needed
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    They are finally doing something really nice for FTP players. For those complaining, hush so we can have this one thing.

Apparently, you haven't considered that f2p players who had hoarded and spent on GL Rey might not be thrilled with this.

It's also worth noting that while having an easily obtained f2p character be able to beat one of the "most exclusive toons ever" might seem nice to those who need to use it now (or in the future) - that actually discourages people from investing (either money or resources) in exclusive toons in the future - which in turn, hurts the game - f2p and p2p players alike.

But hey, if you're cool making it only about you, whatever.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Brotherius wrote: »
    I’m a Rey owner and I’m excited by this rework. Vader deserves to be relevant, and I’m confident I can prevent my Rey team from getting stomped on defense. This is what the community needed

Vader rolls over GL Rey like nothing. What is the point of calling her "Galactic Legend" with the BY FAR most effort to get her (same for GLK) .. and she gets totally owned by a F2P char team that you can get with basically no effort.
    Does not make sense at all ..

• Brotherius wrote: »
    I’m a Rey owner and I’m excited by this rework. Vader deserves to be relevant, and I’m confident I can prevent my Rey team from getting stomped on defense. This is what the community needed

Vader rolls over GL Rey like nothing. What is the point of calling her "Galactic Legend" with the BY FAR most effort to get her (same for GLK) .. and she gets totally owned by a F2P char team that you can get with basically no effort.

Are you stating that from experience or Ahnalds 1 video?
  • StarSon
    7411 posts Member
    Brotherius wrote: »

There have been several videos by people not named Ahnald.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member

Not just Ahnald. You can find more videos of Vador slapping GL Rey teams.

So yeah. Vador is gonna get nerfed, we know the drill by now. Yada, yada, unintended interactions.
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    I posted earlier about I’m FTP till they fix Rey. I’m not saying change Vader he doesn’t need a nerf this is a big upgrade for him. All Vader did was show that GL Rey who was already considered weaker then SLKR even more so. In my arena there is maybe 2 to 3 GL reys in top 25 and the rest are all SLKR and one Vader team. Oh and everyone in that top 25 has G13 R7 teams including mine with ultimate. The Vader team has only 3 G13 players. Clearly he used reys as hopping stones to the top because they are so easy to be beaten now.

• Tezza23 wrote: »
    Zanir wrote: »
    CG did one good thing here. If they nerf Vader now or buff Rey to specifically counter Vader (repeat of Palp vs Malak) I think I'm done with the game for good. Minecraft 1.16 is out today anyway.

Probably will, the Rey cry babies will have to get their way. Everyone complains about power creep then a old F2P character comes along and it’s no we can’t have that, buff the most op squad in the game now!

Kylo kills Rey
    Rey kills kylo
    5’s beats kylo
    Vader beats Rey
    And from what I’ve seen kylo can’t beat Rey + Luke so she still the pvp queen.

Pretty balanced

I beat a full R7 Rey team with JKL in it every day for 1st with SLKR so I'm not sure what you're talking about.