How would you fix GL imbalance?

Prev134
Daishi
718 posts Member
Currently Rey has several 60 banner counters due to her defensive kit. She wastes her initial turns with a buff that is easily countered and worked around, while Kylo first turn is always a 2 turn locked stun creating a 5v4 situation out the gate. Kylo has nothing approaching a 60 banner counter, plus hes a monster in the highest gear reward activity in the game (HSTR).
So how would YOU fix this imbalance?

My suggestion is 2 small kit changes to rey.
1: Add to leadership "Light side allies are immune to fear and damage over time effects".

Kylo is immune to taunt effects to make him hard to counter. This would give Rey parity in PvP and fit her defensive build.

2: Add to her ultimate, "When in ultimate stance, light side allies are immune to critical hits"

Again this fits her defensive build and makes her ultimate meaningful.

Replies

• Vuko
    12 posts Member
    I wouldn’t do a single thing.
    There are only Reyes on my arena shard between 1 and 20. Not a single Kylo. She is still a beast and you need to have a lot of high end chars to (finally) beat her (in multiple try’s). Just look at GaC and the incredible defence.

Everyone is freaking out about Vader but Rey could be easily modded differently to nullify the new counter. It’s the same thing as the GG Nuke-Team vs Malak.

Do you remember that you could literally beat every single team in the game with Rey and cup While Kylo was trash? That’s still her. Btw GLKylo can still be beaten by a very good DR Team.
  • Don't put her on defense.

Problem solved.
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    Vuko wrote: »
    There are only Reyes on my arena shard between 1 and 20. Not a single Kylo. She is still a beast and you need to have a lot of high end chars to (finally) beat her (in multiple try’s). Just look at GaC and the incredible defence.

Everyone is freaking out about Vader but Rey could be easily modded differently to nullify the new counter. It’s the same thing as the GG Nuke-Team vs Malak.

Do you remember that you could literally beat every single team in the game with Rey and cup While Kylo was trash? That’s still her. Btw GLKylo can still be beaten by a very good DR Team.

You must be in a crappy shard if you don’t have mostly slkr in top 25. The majority in top 25 of mine are slkr with about three that are not. Most the GL Rey are 15 20ish 30s. We have one person in top 10 with GL Rey.

DR can take out Rey sometimes too so can JKR. It is rare but it can happen. I’ve seen GAS take out Rey teams too it’s not 100% but it happens. SLKR walk all over Rey. Oh and she is not even that good in raids comparatively to SLKR.

OP ideas are good it was what I was thinking. I’m thinking though maybe instead of light side allies make it resistance allies critical immune. Also, some other buff to resistance allies in the leadership. This will be more in par with SLKR who doesn’t need to break any metas to be powerful.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    Currently Rey has several 60 banner counters due to her defensive kit. She wastes her initial turns with a buff that is easily countered and worked around, while Kylo first turn is always a 2 turn locked stun creating a 5v4 situation out the gate. Kylo has nothing approaching a 60 banner counter, plus hes a monster in the highest gear reward activity in the game (HSTR).
    So how would YOU fix this imbalance?

1: Add to leadership "Light side allies are immune to fear and damage over time effects".

Kylo is immune to taunt effects to make him hard to counter. This would give Rey parity in PvP and fit her defensive build.

2: Add to her ultimate, "When in ultimate stance, light side allies are immune to critical hits"

Again this fits her defensive build and makes her ultimate meaningful.

One of the **** things I have ever heard. According to you all light side allies being immune to dear is a ‘small change’. I’m sorry but I’m going to have to say it. Ur an idot.
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »
    That would cancel not only Vader counter. It's like taking away his lightsaber and giving him HYoda stick to fight with.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Bartek wrote: »
    That would cancel not only Vader counter. It's like taking away his lightsaber and giving him HYoda stick to fight with.

Not really, you just gotta find other debuffs to apply instead of vader's stacking unremovable DOTs. I'm sure there's still debuff you can stack
  • jkray622
    1636 posts Member
    I thought Kylo was immune to Taunt effects to prevent players from making him taunt during his ultimate. I actually look at that as trying to weaken him
  • Bartek
    116 posts Member
    Bartek wrote: »

Not really, you just gotta find other debuffs to apply instead of vader's stacking unremovable DOTs. I'm sure there's still debuff you can stack
    I mean it would cancel others than Vader counter. I go for Rey with DR team and Fear is a essential mechanics here.
  • Vuko wrote: »
    ... Rey could be easily modded differently to nullify the new counter

wrong.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Just give Rey tenacity up for 1 turn if she is the lead... Similar to JKR.
  • Vuko
    12 posts Member
    Starl0rd wrote: »
    ... Rey could be easily modded differently to nullify the new counter

wrong.
    How is it wrong? Care to explain?

• She’s fine as she is.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I'd fix it by buffing Kylo.

Thanks CG!

:neutral:
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Not even sure which full resistance team I would take if I have to fight a full fo team
    I mean those gl mirrors were awful bannerwise from the start if you stay within the faction

And having kylo now even stack his stuff properly vs rey/padme +fives just ends up again in a kylo ult before you have done anything but 1 lifeblood
    I am not sure that cg even played a proper mirror once after they gave fo 30 speed on top for free/no reason at all
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Yup... If they keep buffing Kylo they need to offer a GL switch option, where if you unlocked Rey you can Swap all gear on Res/FO and give us Kylo instead. If Rey was meant to be a useless character on defense (countered by R3 vader with G12 empire), and useless in HSTR (Maybe 10M compared to Kylo full solo)... I want to swap to Kylo. OR FIX REY to make her impossible to counter as well.
  • Vuko
    12 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    MooPoo wrote: »

You must be in a crappy shard if you don’t have mostly slkr in top 25. The majority in top 25 of mine are slkr with about three that are not. Most the GL Rey are 15 20ish 30s. We have one person in top 10 with GL Rey.

DR can take out Rey sometimes too so can JKR. It is rare but it can happen. I’ve seen GAS take out Rey teams too it’s not 100% but it happens. SLKR walk all over Rey. Oh and she is not even that good in raids comparatively to SLKR.

OP ideas are good it was what I was thinking. I’m thinking though maybe instead of light side allies make it resistance allies critical immune. Also, some other buff to resistance allies in the leadership. This will be more in par with SLKR who doesn’t need to break any metas to be powerful.

Why is my shard considered crappy if Rey dominates it? Just to prove your point? I get that you see more Kylos in yours but swgoh.gg clearly states that Rey is more often on the first (and other) rank(s) than kylo. https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-report/1/
    Sooo... Maybe your shard sucks? :wink:

Jokes aside, it’s a day/night difference to fight with a well modded dr against Rey or to fight against a Kylo. Sure, you can win sometimes but Rey is more or less a guaranteed defeat while you have a real chance with an old meta team against GLKylo.

And the point about the raid sucks if you only consider the htsr but what about the light side geno? A well modded Rey is a 4/4 guarantee and you know it. Every single kylo will have a big disadvantage in the ls raid (which is the future) while the rey owner shine and get the better rewards.

Also to note: not everybody has WAT and the chars for the counter are not that common. I mean we can still cheese GlKylos flawed interaction with the 501 troopers, which are way more common.

GL should have counters and not a auto-win functionality
  • Rey is far from a 4/4 guarantee. One day she’s 4/4 and the next she’s 1/4. Learn your facts before opening your mouth
    MooPoo wrote: »

Why is my shard considered crappy if Rey dominates it? Just to prove your point? I get that you see more Kylos in yours but swgoh.gg clearly states that Rey is more often on the first (and other) rank(s) than kylo. https://swgoh.gg/stats/meta-report/1/
    Sooo... Maybe your shard sucks? :wink:

Jokes aside, it’s a day/night difference to fight with a well modded dr against Rey or to fight against a Kylo. Sure, you can win sometimes but Rey is more or less a guaranteed defeat while you have a real chance with an old meta team against GLKylo.

And the point about the raid sucks if you only consider the htsr but what about the light side geno? A well modded Rey is a 4/4 guarantee and you know it. Every single kylo will have a big disadvantage in the ls raid (which is the future) while the rey owner shine and get the better rewards.

Also to note: not everybody has WAT and the chars for the counter are not that common. I mean we can still cheese GlKylos flawed interaction with the 501 troopers, which are way more common.

GL should have counters and not a auto-win functionality

How many Kylo's do you have on your shard? The meta difference is related to initial release of the toons, Rey was better for PvP so more people went for her. Then they did the same bait and switch tactic they always do, milked all the people for Rey then changed the value of the investment. Made kylo far better in every aspect of the game to try and milk people for him, bunch of dishonest crooks.

At this point Rey is by far the weaker toon even though she's even more of a investment than kylo with all the scrub toons you have to build for her. 4/4 lsGeo is laughable it's all rng, she still gets 1 shot by droideka.

REY SUCKS!!!
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Not to mention, let's assume the entire guild 4/4 an extra node each day. That assumes they couldn't even 1/4 it before. Now a 4/4 is worth roughly 1.2M, or 60M per day if the entire guild did it. So at BEST CASE that means 4 extra stars in geo TB. What's the reward difference for 4 stars? Now this is assuming the ENTIRE GUILD managed to get GL rey and 4/4 a node that they otherwise wouldn't have gotten anything for. That's maybe an extra 1000 GET and 100 crystals? Now compare it to a 20% chance to get a fully crafted gear piece from top 10 HSTR that costs WAY more than 1000 GET and 100 crystals to get. But wait there's more! That 20% rate is per time, and you do HSTR WAY more than once a month. In fact it's twice a week for most guilds. So let's assume that 8 times per month, you get 1.5 avg fully crafted gear pieces per month. Even if it's only one a month, that's still a better reward than 4 extra stars in LSTB.

Again, BUFF REY OR STOP "fixing" KYLO! I took my DR team against a SOLO SLKR in TW, and barely won. SLKR is just such a monster kit, if he's modded well, immune to so much, and ramping damage with massive AOEs and an ultimate that nearly loops and makes him invulnerable to anything while also giving him 0 cooldowns. If I was offered the chance to swap my GL Rey for a GL Kylo with a $100 pack, I'd do it in an INSTANT with the love they're giving Kylo by fixing any reliable counter to him.
  • You know what... instead of buffing rey, Maybe nerf kylo so that his DS allies don’t get crit immunity with advantage. Just make it that kylo gets that perk. It was gas increasing slkrs cooldowns that was the problem originally. No need to go overboard buffing him like they did. After that then fix the 5s cheese. With all the crit immunity, by the time you burn through all the perma taunts, kylo is starting his ultimate that never ends. But it would be nice if CG would let Rey owners use a full resistance team and make it viable against slkr but I doubt that’ll happen because they clearly made their decision that kylo needs to be unquestionably better.
    This does have me question why I ever spent in this game.... not whale levels but enough for a ps5. Unless CG gives rey owners parity, I can’t see playing this game much longer. This is a big middle finger to anyone who went after rey.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member

That’s because you’re in a noob shard.
  • My suggestion is 2 small kit changes to rey.

That may be the worst idea I have heard in a long time. That is proper game breaking and completely reverses what the Vader rework has done.
  • Fix it through addition of new characters or kit changes to existing ones. The current GL kits already do way too much, so please no more buffs or kit changes.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    “No more buffs or kit changes,” -SLKR owners.

U must be in a very bad shard
  • maybe CG has a fix for that^^

drevan wasn't really good in arena, than malak came and changed everything...
    Maybe the next toon which needs LS+DS path is a LStoon which fits to rey... a sad time for F2P, but the whales will probably like it
  • jedilord wrote: »
    maybe CG has a fix for that^^

drevan wasn't really good in arena, than malak came and changed everything...
    Maybe the next toon which needs LS+DS path is a LStoon which fits to rey... a sad time for F2P, but the whales will probably like it

FO didn't need another character to be better. They just got better with no player effort needed.
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    If they reworked Rose with an excellent inspired synergy that would be a great way to make Rey, the Resistance Hero’s + Rose the optimal defense team (plus a 5th of your choice). Brainstorming a few simple ideas but a complete overhaul would be good:
    -Enemies that damage inspired allies with an attack apply buff immunity to themselves. (this could neutralize Brute to some degree and balance out with FO to prevent them gaining advantage all the time).
    -Make Rose immune to Fear (dauntless bravery is already the name of one of her abilities)
    -Rose basic attack grant crit hit immunity along with tenacity up
    -Special 1: make the defense up for all Resistance allies undispellable and if target enemy is FO apply healing immunity. Make Rose start battle with 10% TM for each Resistance ally and FO enemy.
    -Special 2: Make 1 turn stun undispellable and unable to be evaded (but can be resisted)

In summary, this would make Rose go first vs most teams and vs SLKR teams that aren’t full FO with Hux. She can apply undispellable defense up right away which will limit a lot of counters then go again very quickly with undispellable stun (can be resisted). Turn order would be Rey/Rose, Finn to Poe, zeta Rose goes again after their attacks, Finn goes again. This rapid order would be tough for a lot of counter teams.

Unrelated to potential Rose changes. Please make Vulnerable guarantee crit hits when SLKR lead teams have advantage. I think the crit hit immunity with advantage should only have been on SLKR and not allies but keeping that as is, Vulnerable debuff should work around that and still guarantee crit hits unless the character actually has crit hit immunity buff.