Why go for Rey

Replies

• You again use 40 prev metas while SLKR uses crappy fo. Your argument is invalid
  • Lol go for her because she’s still a top 3 toon.. but you don’t have to rush and whale..
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    @Borat Your Rey team uses previous meta chars... GS, GK, JKR... while Kylo uses (crappy = not meta chars) FO chars.

Why go for Rey? Because she leads a resistance team I believe is the answer.

This.
    When AI is (hopefully) fixed and 501cheeses won't work anymore I'd like to see a Rey user going against SLKR and timing the ultimate.
  • TheRHOMBUS wrote: »
    @Borat Your Rey team uses previous meta chars... GS, GK, JKR... while Kylo uses (crappy = not meta chars) FO chars.

This.
    When AI is (hopefully) fixed and 501cheeses won't work anymore I'd like to see a Rey user going against SLKR and timing the ultimate.

Are you implying it’s hard to time the ultimate? That’s what I do in my arena climb every day.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    SLKR counters:
    SLKR (easy)
    Rey (moderate)
    Padme cheese due to broken AI (easy/moderate)
    3 total

Rey counters:
    SLKR (easy)
    SLKR with just Wat (moderate)
    Rey (moderate)
    Sith Empire w GBA, Thrawn, Wat (moderate/difficult)
    JKR w GAS & Wat (moderate/difficult)
    JKLS (moderate)
    Darth Vader w Thrawn, Palp, Wat, IPD (easy/moderate)
    7 total

Literally over twice as many counters for Rey.
  • chmoAr0ufif0u
    83 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Brotherius wrote: »
    TheRHOMBUS wrote: »

This.

Are you implying it’s hard to time the ultimate? That’s what I do in my arena climb every day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cH1sFfcHGRI
    As pointed out in other thread, some times you can't just time it.
    No that's not my fight, but what happens here pretty much depicts all my non-cheese, non-GK/GAS/JKR fights.
  • You get a relic 5 Rose tico with Rey do you need another reason?

Her stun is OP.
  • Rey gas revan L3 Wat, holds well and works on offence, rarely is l3 put down, had her survive 4 whirlwinds before.

I just find slk more fun, faster and so much less boring to use to climb. Rey mirrors are so long and repetitive, just not enjoyable.
  • Rey is already getting beat by Vader now SLK gets another buff to his AI. Why does CG hate Rey?
  • I'm now starting to see video's with the new Vader countering Rey teams, and they are not using GL to do so. I realize the composition of the Rey team matters, but really, really EA.

You make us choose between Rey and SLKR, and then make a counter to Rey by revamping Vader, and adding one Zeta.

What did I just spend months getting ready for, spending time and money on this game? And you nerf her before I even get her.... I want all my mats back so I can convert them to SLKR and actually have a valid character worth a dang.
  • SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    Do you have both GLs? Or even either of them? Rey is not “much weaker” than kylo in PvP. She tends to hold up on defense better in arena, GAC, and TW

Reworked Vader has entered the chat.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Do you have both GLs? Or even either of them? Rey is not “much weaker” than kylo in PvP. She tends to hold up on defense better in arena, GAC, and TW

I do not have both, I only have Rey, but I find this not to be true. I fall down to the mid 20's or lower, every day and the SLKR teams never fall out of the top 20.

All shards are different. I see ult Kylos in the 40s.

I fell to 39 overnight from 1, and I try to put in an anti-padme SLKR team (no sith trooper). Rey’s in the payout before me don’t drop below 25. Someone forgot to tell my shard that SLKR holds better on D.

What I’m noticing is that mirror matches with either GL are harder than facing the other GL. Since my shard has more Rey than SLKR, SLKR tends to drop more.

Because u can currently use the 5s cheese to get past SLKR with Rey, which would not be possible once it gets fixed. Once it gets fixed, using rey on offense would be either losing against SLKR half the time or timing out against another rey half the time (maybe more if it’s rey with hoda).
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    Problem is if they buff rey she will be out of control. Shes already super defensive, and a pita to deal with. Sure you can counter her, and there are a lot of soft counters... but in the end arena ranks say it all and rey doesnt move all that much.

I don't want them to nerf vader either. He should be as badass as they've finally made him. We'll find a way to vader-proof rey, im sure.

Finally kylo's interaction with 5s is silly. He doesn't ult, just keeps poking at 5s... and a similar interaction was already fixed for rey. How should that not be fixed for kylo?

Btw this is coming from someone who has rey and not kylo.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member
    Borat wrote: »
    Lol go for her because she’s still a top 3 toon.. but you don’t have to rush and whale..

THIS

NOT THIS

You just said c'mon take spot 2 or 3 while I get spot 1. LOOOOOL so funny
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Easy question, easy answer.
    Why get Rey?

Answer:
    Don't. Unless you're literally already at the ticket grind for Rey, just full stop and work on SLKR instead. He's a vastly better character with much more future potential due to his kit, compared to Rey who's defensive based kit is much easier to counter.
  • You again use 40 prev metas while SLKR uses crappy fo. Your argument is invalid

The fact that Rey requires previous meta characters to work is a problem in itself. A full Resistance team is not viable, in fact it's very poor, and at most there is one other Resistance (RH Finn) who can be used in arena. 14 characters (including Rey) geared up to G13 and only 2 can be used; 4 characters required at R7 (including Rey) and only Rey and sometimes RJT can be used.
  • yankeeh8er wrote: »
    I stopped working on rey once they both came out and kylo got buffed. It was clear then that the whales went more for kylo and cg was going to make him better.

From a business standpoint, it's likely they buffed KYLO because more whales initially went for REY, as they want to incentivise further spending to get the better GL. If more whales went for Kylo and then they buffed him to leave Rey in the dust, there would be no incentive to then get Rey other than for collecting purpose.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
  • Dramgon wrote: »
    I'm now starting to see video's with the new Vader countering Rey teams, and they are not using GL to do so. I realize the composition of the Rey team matters, but really, really EA.

You make us choose between Rey and SLKR, and then make a counter to Rey by revamping Vader, and adding one Zeta.

What did I just spend months getting ready for, spending time and money on this game? And you nerf her before I even get her.... I want all my mats back so I can convert them to SLKR and actually have a valid character worth a dang.

I raised hell for a refund when Kylo was buffed 3 days after my getting Rey unlocked
    You know what they told me? That they couldn't issue the refund because my player icon has been switched to the one you get for beating t5 for Rey..... That is the most pathetic lie I have ever heard.
    Wasn't the only lie their agents told me either.
    In fact they are under investigation from Google because I screenshot the lies and sent them to Google. It's all very dirty man
  • Looks like they deleted the Kylo or Rey thread.
    Interesting
  • Stonefist wrote: »
    Looks like they deleted the Kylo or Rey thread.
    Interesting

It is in the Arena/Character Strategy section
  • If you can’t get both then kylo is the way to go in my opinion
  • Stonefist wrote: »
    Looks like they deleted the Kylo or Rey thread.
    Interesting

It is in the Arena/Character Strategy section

So it is 😅 I didn't realize I had switched lol.
    My bad
  • QuickGoneJim
    192 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Slaveen wrote: »
    SLKR counters:
    SLKR (easy)
    Rey (moderate)
    Padme cheese due to broken AI (easy/moderate)
    3 total

Rey counters:
    SLKR (easy)
    SLKR with just Wat (moderate)
    Rey (moderate)
    Sith Empire w GBA, Thrawn, Wat (moderate/difficult)
    JKR w GAS & Wat (moderate/difficult)
    JKLS (moderate)
    Darth Vader w Thrawn, Palp, Wat, IPD (easy/moderate)
    7 total

Literally over twice as many counters for Rey.

You forgot 2 SLKR counters. Maybe more that I don’t know about yet.
  • prime311
    52 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Put enough offense on slkr(4K+) and he will still kill fives In a padme lead team

Adding malak to slkr also screws up that counter

You can kill slkr with dr Han, depending on of foo removes tm from someone important at the start.