When do we have GL Rey buffed too?

Replies

• Daishi
    718 posts Member
    My GS spends most of his time stunned since they focus him and between KRU and SLKR and their locked stuns, only damage left is whirlwind which maybe kills one character before kylo goes ult and kills a chunk of my team. I'll give weapon tech on GS a shot, but he cant gain bonus TM with hux on the opposing team. I just wish Resistance had something on par with SLKR full FO team.
  • How can we not have a buff for GL Rey? They are quick to change Kylo, but they have left out Rey.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    @TheJEFFtm tried your tactic.. still lost to Kylo. GS stayed stunned until after Kylos first ultimate which left only him (because he was already in damage immunity) and Rey alive. Opponent still had KRU and HUx, I'd killed lobster and FOST with my first whirlwinds. He went ultimate again while I was in ult which let me kill hux and KRU, but SLKR had full HP and mostly full protection and had 100+ siphon and just murdered GS and rey. Her whirlwind only tickles him.
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    @TheJEFFtm and others who say the Rey teams in their shard are tougher opponents than the SLKR teams tells me this: they’re in a noob shard.

I’m in a shard with guys with top 100 GPs in the game who have both GLs. I can beat their Rey’s with my Rey but I have about a 3% win rate at best against their SLKR teams. Granted, this is only a handful of teams with the very best mods. I can beat most other SLKR teams. The point is that when their Rey teams have those same god-tier mods, I can still beat them, but I can’t beat their SLKR except with rare and amazing RNG. I have a 28 speed cross, a 27 speed diamond, all 17-23 speed mods for the rest for my entire arena mods, and like fifty or more 100+ offense mods, several of which I also use for my arena team, so my mods aren’t terrible.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    oj9rh1yuyztk.png
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    How is CG still silent on this? The community has been posting concerns over lack of GL parity for literally weeks now.

Short answer: it’s not directly related to them getting more money so they don’t care.

The gross imbalance is literally laughable at this point. In one day, CG releases yet another F2P 60-banner counter to Rey and posts about how they’re going to change the only non-GL counter to SLKR.
  • Slaveen wrote: »
    @TheJEFFtm and others who say the Rey teams in their shard are tougher opponents than the SLKR teams tells me this: they’re in a noob shard.

I’m in a shard with guys with top 100 GPs in the game who have both GLs. I can beat their Rey’s with my Rey but I have about a 3% win rate at best against their SLKR teams. Granted, this is only a handful of teams with the very best mods. I can beat most other SLKR teams. The point is that when their Rey teams have those same god-tier mods, I can still beat them, but I can’t beat their SLKR except with rare and amazing RNG. I have a 28 speed cross, a 27 speed diamond, all 17-23 speed mods for the rest for my entire arena mods, and like fifty or more 100+ offense mods, several of which I also use for my arena team, so my mods aren’t terrible.

Ahhh, yes, my December 2015 noob shard with multiple players with both Galactic legends (I think our highest GP guy is a paltry 7.8M), clearly it is my lack of experience playing the game and experimenting with different modding styles and turn orders that leads me to find that I climb easier against one GL than the other - I bow to the fact that clearly you have a superior understanding of the game and have tried every possible permutation to come up with the ultimate team... my bad.

I’ll keep doing me. Ya know, sometimes I even put my g12 hermit yoda in there just to keep it interesting against kylo..
  • mahlor wrote: »
    Ultra wrote: »
    mahlor wrote: »
    They keep deleting my post titled #refundsForRey. I wonder why???

Against the forum rules

You should check your email for the why next time

Oh, I know why, thanks. Calling out legitimately criminal behavior on their forums doesn’t sit well.
    Legitimately criminal behaviour? Made my day.
  • GL Rey is still an absolute beast. I must be doing something wrong with my GL Kylo because Rey still kicks my ****...
  • Meta changes so fast because they are milking as hell out of this game. And they even sincerely thank all the cows for the support :smiley:
  • jedilord
    337 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    GL Rey is still an absolute beast. I must be doing something wrong with my GL Kylo because Rey still kicks my ****...

so why don`t you use drevan or vader?
    vader can kill rey with all 5 standing and no health lost... pretty cool for GAC and arena, so why is she a beast, only because you are not able to beat her with your kylo? seems to me that you havn`t modded your team right, and aren`t able to switch teams while you are climbing in arena^^
  • So how can this be even legal ? I mean at the end of the day we have invested tons of money for this character that was promised to us to break the game only to be scammed in getting a useless character that u can’t even put it on defence anymore. So Rey is bad af at sith raid / TW and 100% now at GA. On defence for Arena it can’t even hold its ground. Funny thing is that the AI for Rey is set to use the second ability everytime. That being the case Vader beats her izi. This is trickery at its best so can we get our money back to invest in Kylo ????? What a joke
  • How to destroy the game ? Fool the players to invest money in a character that has no more relevance in the game ; but wait until they are close to unlocking her so that we can invest even more. Good job In making another player hate you CG
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    They’ve fixed / buffed every supposed META toon ever to make them superior... Malak, GAS, SLKR... except Rey.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »
    They’ve fixed / buffed every supposed META toon ever to make them superior... Malak, GAS, SLKR... except Rey.

Was Malak buffed?
  • MaruMaru wrote: »
    Slaveen wrote: »

Was Malak buffed?

Yeah, the clause that prevents sith from gaining turn meter was added to Malak's kit because Palpatine was wiping the floor with him, and Malak owners were crying about it.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Torque696 wrote: »
    So how can this be even legal ? I mean at the end of the day we have invested tons of money for this character that was promised to us to break the game ...

Did they really promise that?
  • KalHorn
    102 posts Member
    Rework Rose with an excellent inspired synergy. That would make Rey, the Resistance Hero’s + Rose the optimal defense team (plus a 5th of your choice). Here’s a few ideas but a complete overhaul would be good:
    -Enemies that damage inspired allies with an attack apply buff immunity to themselves. (this could neutralize Brute to some degree and balance out with FO to prevent them gaining advantage all the time).
    -Make Rose immune to Fear (dauntless bravery is already the name of one of her abilities)
    -Rose basic attack grant crit hit immunity along with tenacity up
    -Special 1: make the defense up for all Resistance allies undispellable and if target enemy is FO apply healing immunity. Make Rose start battle with 10% TM for each Resistance ally and FO enemy.
    -Special 2: Make 1 turn stun undispellable and unable to be evaded (but can be resisted)

In summary, this would make Rose go first vs most teams and vs SLKR teams that aren’t full FO with Hux. She can apply undispellable defense up right away which will limit a lot of counters then go again very quickly with undispellable stun (can be resisted). Turn order would be Rey/Rose, Finn to Poe, zeta Rose goes again after their attacks, Finn goes again. This rapid order would be tough for a lot of counter teams.

Unrelated to potential Rose changes. Please make Vulnerable guarantee crit hits when SLKR lead teams have advantage. I think the crit hit immunity with advantage should only have been on SLKR and not allies but keeping that as is, Vulnerable debuff should work around that and still guarantee crit hits unless the character actually has crit hit immunity buff.
  • Simply love how the SLKR players are cringing in the wake of a buff Rey. THE 2 GL'S ARE NOT BALANCED !!!
    GET OVER IT. Rey needs a buff otherwise it has nothing to do with the movie thus getting tricked into farming for Rey. Understand that them 2 are GL's. Take the GL out of Rey cause she is not worth having it anymore !!!
  • Stonefist
    90 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Ryanh1315 wrote: »
    Crazy. It's almost like feeding a faceless company absurd amounts of money when they don't communicate or provide regular content ENCOURAGES them to make minimal effort to correct things. You chose to dump hundreds/thousands on the character by choice. You're a grown up, so why not make a smarter decision, like waiting for things to settle before forking over a truckload of money for a new and shiny character?

The buff was a surprise. It took me 3 months to unlock her after the release. The the buff came 3 days after my unlock. If you go back and look, the meta shifts about every 6 months.
    Do you see what I'm getting at here? If you wait any longer than I did your chances of actually being able to compete before the next meta shift are extremely low.
    Let's circle back around to the fact that I did wait. I did my research. I watched videos and made notes of content creators success and failures.
    It's no players fault that the tables turned without notice. Insulting their intelligence due to unforeseeable changes is not.... Well.... Intelligent 😅 P.S. Adults. The term is adults. My 6 year old says grown ups 😁
    Post edited by Stonefist on
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Against the forum rules

Oh, I know why, thanks. Calling out legitimately criminal behavior on their forums doesn’t sit well.

Technically speaking "Bait and Switch" is a legitimately criminal behavior. Many Rey owners "bought" (with resources or real money) her based on the comparable kits and functionality of the two GL options at the time of "purchase". Then CG changed their relative functionality after the fact. So if you agree with the premise, then his point is valid.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • This guy gets it ☝️
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Against the forum rules

Technically speaking "Bait and Switch" is a legitimately criminal behavior. Many Rey owners "bought" (with resources or real money) her based on the comparable kits and functionality of the two GL options at the time of "purchase". Then CG changed their relative functionality after the fact. So if you agree with the premise, then his point is valid.

This.

I love Star Wars and this game. I want to keep playing but as the old adage goes, “fool me once, same on you... fool me twice, shame on me.” We’ll see what the road ahead says and what the next few weeks offer in terms of CG addressing the obvious and apparent lack of GL parity. If nothing changes or nothing is at least announced a month from now, I will probably chuck deuces.

• Slaveen
    481 posts Member
    CG, please, SAY SOMETHING about Rey. It’s all over your forums, Reddit, etc. Say SOMETHING, ANYTHING.
  • Geris wrote: »
    8sqb7j6vw89p.png
    zp6efvspqti1.png

Not gonna lie. I don't have either Rey or SLKR yet. But the data clearly seems to point to Rey being the better arena character

No... that's evidence that more people got Rey initially. Most people don't have both.
  • BryGuy2k
    198 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    SLKR is significantly better than Rey in all game modes. People were closer to Rey and especially in guilds focused on LSTB went for Rey first because of that. There are more Reys out there - but that’s not going to continue - the trend is clear - people are gearing their FO and not their Resistance characters.

Anybody that has seen SLKR continually get buffed or has been waiting to dump gear has gone for SLKR especially with his ability to trivialize HSTR.