Why even try in GAC?

Prev1
I am just over 5.6 mil GP. I have a good roster with little “extra”. I don’t have a GL. And refuse to go after it because it’s fun sucking. But every GAC I go in, I’m the only person without a GL. Can I beat them? Sure, most of the time. I would say it takes the fun away, but most of the fun was **** out when you charged 2g for a character. I just wish the match making included GLs into the algorithm. I guess that would be to expensive. Oh Well. I guess my rant is over.

Replies

• SemiGod
    3001 posts Member
    If you’re matched up against GL Rey just use Vader 😂 😂 😂

Easiest 60 banners you could ever get.
  • I just hit 4m gp and I have no GL either I just got GAS for flip sake (I'm f2p) i am trying for GL Rey though which is taking a very long while tbh.
    My point is because I'm after a GL my top 80 look amazing but really aren't there really poor toons just upgraded to get a GL, which I've seen on YouTube can now be easily countered.
    Just got holdo to 7* today (big whoop).
    My point is my top 80 look great at relic this and relic that but truthfully they are garbage when it comes to GAC I'm always pitted against opponents that far surpass my roster so I lose and lose and come last every GAC.
    I'm at the point now "can't be bothered" so I add nothing and my squads are automated.
    Not what i want to do but my top 80 demands it unfortunately.
    So in conclusion to my own predicament I join GAC and do nothing till it's over because even last gets rewards (silver lining) rather than have some hope of being a strategic PvP player.

Thank you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    [ ] charged 2g for a character
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • CosmicJ
    348 posts Member
    They won't do this tbh. I know in terms of player battle skill your suggestion would be fair, but this game is not only about game skill (if you want that, play a moba, rts or fps).

This game is as much about resource management (or spending) and collecting the latest meta heroes as it is about game skill.

Accept it for what it is. If you choose not to get the latest meta, your GAC will suffer.
  • Going straight after the GLs without fleshing out the other good teams first is a big mistake.
  • My alt has rey, non ultimate and the other 7 players in my division have both gl with ultimate, and then just as another flip you, they range from having 600-900k more gp.
    Yes i know gp doesn’t come in to it, some say, but if you to split 3 meta teams up to kill a gl, the extra gp makes a hige difference.
    100,000’s of players and they can’t find a close match?
    Every match is a ultimate gl on top and one on the bottom, its such fun!
    This is the 4th round of the same, although once one of the people in my division had only one ov the gl’s with ultimate, the other only had 6 zetas.
  • So you all want a match without GL and a chance to get better rewards than people with a GL? If a GL didn't get a competitive advantage, why even have them? This seems to be a thread every time a meta toon comes out and people don't want to get them but then complain when they can't beat the meta...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    [ ] charged 2g for a character

Zero dollars, 2g, 5G, it's all the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    They need to adjust matchmaking in future anyways because it is limited. Just wait years.
  • R_Taylor95
    20 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    My alt has rey, non ultimate and the other 7 players in my division have both gl with ultimate, and then just as another flip you, they range from having 600-900k more gp.
    Yes i know gp doesn’t come in to it, some say, but if you to split 3 meta teams up to kill a gl, the extra gp makes a hige difference.
    100,000’s of players and they can’t find a close match?
    Every match is a ultimate gl on top and one on the bottom, its such fun!
    This is the 4th round of the same, although once one of the people in my division had only one ov the gl’s with ultimate, the other only had 6 zetas.
    In this bracket, I’m the second lowest GP. The lowest GP advantage has 200k advantage. The highest has 500k. So no GL and 2ed lowest GP.

• R_Taylor95
    20 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    So you all want a match without GL and a chance to get better rewards than people with a GL? If a GL didn't get a competitive advantage, why even have them? This seems to be a thread every time a meta toon comes out and people don't want to get them but then complain when they can't beat the meta...
    Eh, I never said I can’t beat them. I beat them 80% of the time. Should they have an advantage? Sure, but with that logic, every GL should get their own bracket filled with people that dont have them. I’m the ONLY ONE without a GL. What advantage are they getting?
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    So you are the only one without a GL and you still win? What's the issue exactly?
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    R_Taylor95 wrote: »
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    So you all want a match without GL and a chance to get better rewards than people with a GL? If a GL didn't get a competitive advantage, why even have them? This seems to be a thread every time a meta toon comes out and people don't want to get them but then complain when they can't beat the meta...
    Eh, I never said I can’t beat them. I beat them 80% of the time.

There's your answer then. This is why you try.

• R_Taylor95 wrote: »
    I just wish the match making included GLs into the algorithm.

It kind of does. The 12 characters elevated to relic levels 3-7 (I think? 5-7?) really elevates one's gp.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    R_Taylor95 wrote: »
    I just wish the match making included GLs into the algorithm.

It kind of does. The 12 characters elevated to relic levels 3-7 (I think? 5-7?) really elevates one's gp.
    Yup. That's a lot of GP bloat on characters you would not otherwise relic.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    OP: Explicitly acknowledges that they made a conscious decision to let their roster "suck," still thinks it's somebody else's fault that GA is difficult.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• My fun is setting 1 fleet and collecting my rewards at the end knowing I screwed over the other guy with his GL. I’m sure he had a lot of fun doing one ship battle.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    IronCross wrote: »
    My fun is setting 1 fleet and collecting my rewards at the end knowing I screwed over the other guy with his GL. I’m sure he had a lot of fun doing one ship battle.

seems like a classy, rational thing to do. delete your game
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    My fun is setting 1 fleet and collecting my rewards at the end knowing I screwed over the other guy with his GL. I’m sure he had a lot of fun doing one ship battle.

I’ll do what I want. Why don’t you delete your game instead...
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »

I’ll do what I want. Why don’t you delete your game instead...

I don't intentionally lose by wrecking others' fun and experiences out of misguided, and worse, misdirected spite towards the game I am playing, that's why. grow up
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    I don't understand the point of this thread. At all. OP - you win 80% of your matches? Or just beat the GL team 80% of the time, but lose the match? I'm lost.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • IronCross wrote: »
    Is this something you’ll do in round 1 of the upcoming GAC? Asking for a friend...
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Is this something you’ll do in round 1 of the upcoming GAC? Asking for a friend...

this is so good
  • R_Taylor95 wrote: »
    I am just over 5.6 mil GP. I have a good roster with little “extra”. I don’t have a GL. And refuse to go after it because it’s fun sucking. But every GAC I go in, I’m the only person without a GL. Can I beat them? Sure, most of the time. I would say it takes the fun away, but most of the fun was **** out when you charged 2g for a character. I just wish the match making included GLs into the algorithm. I guess that would be to expensive. Oh Well. I guess my rant is over.

"My opponents have GLs and I don't. Why I should try in GA? By the way, if I try, I generally win. So why should I try?"

@IronCross J’accuse!

You come on the forum claiming you set 1 fleet to screw over the other guy and his GL, but here I am facing a perfectly complete defence.

Hang your head in shame!

@IronCross J’accuse!

You come on the forum claiming you set 1 fleet to screw over the other guy and his GL, but here I am facing a perfectly complete defence.

Hang your head in shame!

Actually I did that as a curtesy since I saw I was facing you. Also, I used most of my best teams on D to take away points from you. I thought less points would take away from you getting a chance at Kyber. Don’t worry I’ll screw over the next guy with a GL.

@IronCross J’accuse!

Hang your head in shame!

Actually I did that as a curtesy since I saw I was facing you. Also, I used most of my best teams on D to take away points from you. I thought less points would take away from you getting a chance at Kyber. Don’t worry I’ll screw over the next guy with a GL.
    FYI, next time, I’d love to face a single fleet, thanks!