Please CG - just do the right thing

Prev1
Mysma
4 posts Member
I really doubt anyone at CG will read this, and it will instead get mercilessly trolled by forum dwellers, but it’s worth a shot...

CG- please, just say you’re sorry and you **** up. Just admit it and do better. That’s all the community really wants.

I’m a 40 year old father of 3, and one of the most important lesson I teach my kids daily is “own up to your mistakes, learn from them, apologize for them, and do better next time”. EA did it with BF2. They did it with FO. Now it’s your turn.

Own your mistakes. Learn from them. Apologize for them. And do better. Please.

Signed - a concerned life long fan of Star Wars who just wants a little transparent honesty.

Replies

• What should they be apologizing for now?
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I'd like to know that too. Most "mistakes" they make (not all, granted) are not actually mistakes, they're just things that some people on a forum don't like. There's a difference.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'd like to know that too. Most "mistakes" they make (not all, granted) are not actually mistakes, they're just things that some people on a forum don't like. There's a difference.

Not perma banning cheaters after November pronouncement.

Going back on their representation that the two GLs will be of equivalent value.

Total lack of new content for the general playerbase other than characters for the last six months. Even more egregious considering their boast and promise of sea of new content this quarter.

Terrible communication and clarity regarding treatment of account sharing (are we perma banning? Only if self reported? Are things such as mod services and guildie sharing logins subject to perma bans too?)
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    There was a representation that the GLs would be of equivalent value?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »

When they were first released? Sure. Since the multiple buffs to one and the rework to counter the other? Not so much. But as a f2p hoarder, I think you fully understand that - and the issues that such post-release changes create.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

When they were first released? Sure.

Gotta link?
  • FofoBett
    135 posts Member
    I think the OP is asking for just honesty - keeping silent and not saying anything other than posts of a general new release or a ship or upgrade. I'm quite happy, not having tonnes of new characters to farm means I can catch-up - we'd all like a GL wouldn't we? But I think its a fair point to ask for some clarification as the longer it goes on for, the less trust players will have and if you lose trust, you lose, period. So come on CG, from another 40 something father of two, who watched the first Star Wars in 1978 and was mesmerised. I enjoy this game and want to continue.

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

When they were first released? Sure. Since the multiple buffs to one and the rework to counter the other? Not so much. But as a f2p hoarder, I think you fully understand that - and the issues that such post-release changes create.

You think I fully understand what? That there was a representation of equality when they were released?

I am no fan of the current situation, the path that’s gotten us here, or the additional change that’s coming. But “you will get equivalent value from the two characters” doesn’t sound to me like something CG would say.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    They didn't.
  • Lrrr
    172 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Can we agree that owning up to the fact that they negotiated with a cheater after announcing a permanent ban with a zero tolerance policy is at a minimum lying to the player base?

So I’m not saying they owe the players an apology, but I would think an explanation of the process then and the process going forward would be nice...and honestly if they think they did wrong (which by the permanent banning of the player after the infraction was brought to light kind of shows they do) an apology wouldn’t exactly be out of line either.
  • Mysma
    4 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I broke one of my own dad rules by not being clear and to the point. But I figured everyone here saw the **** CG has been pulling and I didn’t need to explain it. Since some have asked:
    1) they clearly stated (paraphrasing) ‘we messed up in 2019. Sorry! We’re gonna do tons in 2020! Promise! New raid! New GL toons! More and more content! Reworks and all sorts of good things!’ And they didn’t deliver. Own up to it. Own it.
    2) JKL is obviously Mace rework. Own it.
    3) lies about cheating. Own it.
    4) better communication. They need to talk to the community regularly. Like Disney does on their discord. Open, regular communication with the community so we know what’s up.

These are the top four. They need to own up to these things (at least 1, 3, and 4 - doubt they will own 2 ever, even though we all know it). These are the ways they’ve **** up

I have spoken.
  • Mysma wrote: »
    I broke one of my own dad rules by not being clear and to the point. But I figured everyone here saw the **** CG has been pulling and I didn’t need to explain it. Since some have asked:
    1) they clearly stated (paraphrasing) ‘we messed up in 2019. Sorry! We’re gonna do tons in 2020! Promise! New raid! New GL toons! More and more content! Reworks and all sorts of good things!’ And they didn’t deliver. Own up to it. Own it.
    2) JKL is obviously Mace rework. Own it.
    3) lies about cheating. Own it.
    4) better communication. They need to talk to the community regularly. Like Disney does on their discord. Open, regular communication with the community so we know what’s up.

These are the top four. They need to own up to these things (at least 1, 3, and 4 - doubt they will own 2 ever, even though we all know it). These are the ways they’ve **** up

I have spoken.

1) Its the middle of 2020, not the end. They released GLs, the have done some reworks and given us Luke. The lagging content sucks, but they have said they are working on it. Why would they apologize for something they are in the middle of doing?

2). No it isn't, stop watching clickbait and believing everything on Reddit.

3). This needs to be addressed as all the evidence being presented by content creators shows they blatantly lied about their cheating policies.

4). Open discords are terrible places, however i do agree they need to acknowledge the fact that they have skipped the last few Q&As, and generally get back on track with regular communication schedules.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    Lol at asking CG to apologize for a conspiracy theory.
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    How is JKL a Mace rework?
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • LordDirt
    4941 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    LordDirt wrote: »
    How is JKL a Mace rework?

People are saying that because JKLs kit doesn’t sound like Luke at all, but sounds like it would fit well with Mace.

I’ve seen more outlandish conspiracy theories.

It doesn't make sense because of the journey part. No way they would have had all that sitting around.
    Why wasn't Cobb Vanth shards a reward for the Krayt Dragon raid? Why wasn't Endor Gear Luke shards a reward for the Speeder Bike raid?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    They didn't.

They didn't say it because they didn't have to - the two were more equivalent in terms of value, upon release. They were valuable in different ways and people understood that. People made gear, relic and investments based on those relative values - then, after the fact, CG changed them.

That's the issue - and again, I think you and others fully understand that. Not quite sure why people are more focused on winning an argument rather than being factually correct. Par for this forum, I guess.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Apology or not - the silence is deafening. Road ahead is very late and would be nice to consider over weekend versus June being early next week.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Maxx121312 wrote: »
    Apology or not - the silence is deafening. Road ahead is very late and would be nice to consider over weekend versus June being early next week.

What silence? They already said they're looking at buffing SLKylo's ai.....again. :D

• Delvorin
    139 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I'd say the only one that really matters and legit is the cheating and banning. I think it's good when CG enforces their own rules and bans accounts for breaking them. The problem is giving preferential treatment and that should be apologized for. Don't tell us you are trying to create a fair, competitive environment and then allowing banned accounts to be used again.

With the theory that JKL is a kit intended for Mace, I couldn't care less. I like what I see from the character and can't wait to get him the second time the event comes around. I don't think they should have to apologize when they really didn't do anything wrong.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Lol at asking CG to apologize for a conspiracy theory.

Screen shots of them negotiating with cheaters is a conspiracy... Hmmm I'm pretty sure that's regarded as evidence
  • Delvorin wrote: »
    I'd say the only one that really matters and legit is the cheating and banning. I think it's good when CG enforces their own rules and bans accounts for breaking them. The problem is giving preferential treatment and that should be apologized for. Don't tell us you are trying to create a fair, competitive environment and then allowing banned accounts to be used again.

With the theory that JKL is a kit intended for Mace, I couldn't care less. I like what I see from the character and can't wait to get him the second time the event comes around. I don't think they should have to apologize when they really didn't do anything wrong.

One of the best posts I've seen in a while I commend you sir