How would you fix GL imbalance?

124Next

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Nitrogen wrote: »
    Someone touched on Inspired granting 3 instances of crit immunity instead. I think that would be a rather elegant step in the right direction. They could just tweak rhP's zeta to that instead of the garbage it is now.

GLR teams would still be missing a reliable taunting tank. So maybe a small adjustment to Holdo/JTR or a tweak to GLR that enables the actual resistance tanks to be worth a **** on the new resistance team.

The fact that resistance has zero good taunting tanks while FO has two is pretty ridiculous.

Holdo is ok, maybe on par with FOST? I dunno, I have never used him.

JTR is a way better tank but the only way to get her to consistently taunt is to pair her with Wat, otherwise she will only taunt once in a while paired with RH Finn.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    But really I'm just laughing at everyone who complained about how bad Luke looked.

Then go start a new thread for that. I know plenty of GLR owners that wanted JKL pretty bad (raises hand) but had no chance for a 1st showing unlock.

Why did you have no chance?

Because I refused to spend my monthly car and mortgage payments on a mobile game.
  • TVF wrote: »
    They helped Rey owners by releasing Luke.

Too bad people assumed he was trash.

Yes. That will be very "helpful" for most Rey owners... in 3 months.
    So yet again, SLK is great with his required farms. GLR needs to draw yet another toon from another A-tier team to keep up with him.

Hey if SLKR owners are allowed to laugh at Rey owners, then I'm at least allowed to laugh at non-JKL owners.

But really I'm just laughing at everyone who complained about how bad Luke looked.

Personally I thought he looked good (but not meta breaking). My biggest issue with Luke is the lack of synergy with the other OT characters.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »

Then go start a new thread for that. I know plenty of GLR owners that wanted JKL pretty bad (raises hand) but had no chance for a 1st showing unlock.

Because I refused to spend my monthly car and mortgage payments on a mobile game.

Same!

I did it with smart resource allocation and dedication to earning max crystals every day.
  • Daishi wrote: »

Normally a well hoarded stockpile wouldn't have required that amount for a toon. However, coming on the heels of gearing a bunch of resistance (or FO) toons to 13+, many of us were fresh out of things like carbantis, stun guns, etc that were likely required to take at a minimum Rolo, Cholo, and Lando to 13 (cause lets be honest, unless you were a kraken, there was really no reason to have those toons past g8 - well maybe Lando to 10 if you hit the air raid meta).
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Someone touched on Inspired granting 3 instances of crit immunity instead. I think that would be a rather elegant step in the right direction. They could just tweak rhP's zeta to that instead of the garbage it is now.

GLR teams would still be missing a reliable taunting tank. So maybe a small adjustment to Holdo/JTR or a tweak to GLR that enables the actual resistance tanks to be worth a **** on the new resistance team.

The fact that resistance has zero good taunting tanks while FO has two is pretty ridiculous.

JTR is a way better tank but the only way to get her to consistently taunt is to pair her with Wat, otherwise she will only taunt once in a while paired with RH Finn.

I dont think Holdo can be compared with FO tanks at all because of what SLKR brings to the table. SLKR causing advantage to renew anytime dispelled and tanks to taunt whenever they get advantage makes all FO tanks have essentially an undispellable taunt like Bossk or Old ben's zeta. Except their taunts only apply to the taunt they give themselves, meanwhile SLKR makes any FO tank a pretaunt that cant be dispelled.

SLKR and FO combined just have SO much more utility, damage, TM swap, HP and defense, as well as SLKR weakening enemies while buffing himself.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »

Normally a well hoarded stockpile wouldn't have required that amount for a toon. However, coming on the heels of gearing a bunch of resistance (or FO) toons to 13+, many of us were fresh out of things like carbantis, stun guns, etc that were likely required to take at a minimum Rolo, Cholo, and Lando to 13 (cause lets be honest, unless you were a kraken, there was really no reason to have those toons past g8 - well maybe Lando to 10 if you hit the air raid meta).

I stockpiled to get Rey and had enough for a start on SLKR, then built my stockpile up over the next few months to the point where I was just about ready to look at unlocking SLKR when they announced Luke. So I pivoted and unlocked (and geared!) him without spending anything, not even crystals.

If you can't spend, hoard.
  • Okay. Correction, I had no chance without spending a lot of money.
    Considering the JKL counts on swgoh.gg, I think we can objectively claim he's a pretty exclusive toon, for the moment.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member

That's fair, I have never used FOST either. Maybe it's because of GLK's kit, but it seems like they always have taunting tanks, whereas the resistance tanks never taunt (without Wat)
  • I love how this thread was hijacked into a discussion about how easy it would be to get JKL f2p on his first pass. Objectively, possible (2 f2p in my guild) but also very rare (505 total as of this morning).
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-luke-skywalker/data/

Back to the original discussion\., If a brand new legendary (or whatever he's called) is required, in addition to top tier toons from other top tier teams, to make GLR almost as good as SLK is with the toons used to unlock him, something should be done to even the playing field.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Lol, I just thought up a simple solution. Add to Tey leadership, "Rey opens up ally slot for 6th team member in all game modes. If SLKR is on opposing team ally slot can activate its leadership ability."

I was trying to figure out how to build a team to counter SLKR using only LS characters. You need an AOE buff dispel and buff immunity combo like B2 or IPD. I couldnt think of any but Bastilla has a singular dispel and buff immunity. But you also need an AOE ability block because otherwise Sith trooper or Hux/FOO can simply dispel your buff immunity. So I thought a team with Rey, GS, BSF, vet Han, and L3, with JKR in the second leader position, and you might have a team that could reliably beat SLKR on offense... maybe. If they run double tanks youd still fail tho since youd need the AOE buff immunity/dispel combo.

Maybe they will rework Rose to have an AOE that does a ability block, buff immunity, and dispel combo, and give her enough potency to make them land and enough HP to survive the first AOE
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member
    I love how this thread was hijacked into a discussion about how easy it would be to get JKL f2p on his first pass. Objectively, possible (2 f2p in my guild) but also very rare (505 total as of this morning).
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/jedi-knight-luke-skywalker/data/

Back to the original discussion\., If a brand new legendary (or whatever he's called) is required, in addition to top tier toons from other top tier teams, to make GLR almost as good as SLK is with the toons used to unlock him, something should be done to even the playing field.

This is exactly right. We shouldn't have to need to use the newest legendary toon to make her worth while (not to mention you ALSO need GAS and GK, **** is that about)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2020

That's fair, I have never used FOST either. Maybe it's because of GLK's kit, but it seems like they always have taunting tanks, whereas the resistance tanks never taunt (without Wat)

Not entirely true. Any Res tank will taunt after RH Finn AOE, and Holdo will taunt whenever foresight expires (and she can grant it too btw).

With that said I agree that Wat is the only way they will taunt as much as you actually need them to.
  • @TVF if you don't mind me asking, what are your top 5 favorite swgoh toons?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    TVF if you don't mind me asking, what are your top 5 favorite swgoh toons?

Whatever my current arena team is. It pays the crystal bills, which allows me to continue to obtain the newest and best toons when they're released.

Whatever my current arena team is. It pays the crystal bills, which allows me to continue to obtain the newest and best toons when they're released.

Ok, thanks for being honest. Kind of sounds like work to me though if I may be honest but someone has to pay the bills I guess.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Ok, thanks for being honest. Kind of sounds like work to me though if I may be honest but someone has to pay the bills I guess.

Not sure you mean by that last part, I do it so I don't have to spend to keep up.

And I enjoy keeping up, so it's not work, it's play.

That's all that matters out of this entire process. Was just wondering because I've seen several who tried the hoarding deal and were surprised how much it makes the game less enjoyable because they couldn't "play" it because of saving all their mats for the next big thing. I was just curious and asking and thank you for your answer.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

That's all that matters out of this entire process. Was just wondering because I've seen several who tried the hoarding deal and were surprised how much it makes the game less enjoyable because they couldn't "play" it because of saving all their mats for the next big thing. I was just curious and asking and thank you for your answer.

You're welcome. I understand why people would not find hoarding fun, but I track it all and I like seeing the progress I make each day. And yes it would be fun to gear up some other toons, but I know in the end I'll enjoy being a part of the meta more.

It has also made TB more fun, since my choices (Rey and Luke) were LS.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Serious question - how does he help? We have a guy in our arena that had him at R7 the day the event dropped. He pulled him out of his Rey lineup because she was losing to non-ultimate Rey teams and SLKR teams.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Serious question - how does he help? We have a guy in our arena that had him at R7 the day the event dropped. He pulled him out of his Rey lineup because she was losing to non-ultimate Rey teams and SLKR teams.

Anyone losing to non-ult Reys with JKL is doing something very, very wrong. I am blowing through ult Reys in a few minutes, with at most one toon lost.

SLKR was more difficult but I haven't lost since switching to a different lineup (that also includes JKL and does not use Fives). You can see it on my gg if you like.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

Anyone losing to non-ult Reys with JKL is doing something very, very wrong. I am blowing through ult Reys in a few minutes, with at most one toon lost.

SLKR was more difficult but I haven't lost since switching to a different lineup (that also includes JKL and does not use Fives). You can see it on my gg if you like.

He was losing on defense. The point was the JKL actually made it harder for GLRey to hold on defense - to either GL.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

He was losing on defense. The point was the JKL actually made it harder for GLRey to hold on defense - to either GL.

Not my experience, shrug.

But if you prefer an answer to your question that fits that shard, he helps on offense by trivializing mirrors and making SLKR a more easy win.

Interesting line-up. I guess Alpha is only here to get his brute destroyed by Kylo, then summon again for seconde coming ? So g12 is enough to do the job ? And about JKR lead, what does he bring to the table to miss on Rey lead ? The out of turn regen ? Or extra offense is key ? Genuinely interested, if you don't mind this blatant hijacking of post.

• Alijar1
    381 posts Member
    I think that there need to be counters.
    The fact that Rey can get countered is a blessing. There needs to be a character/team that decreases the damage output from something like critical hits. Or damage overall. It's easy really
    #MakeTuskensGreat
    tenor.gif
  • Slaveen
    481 posts Member

Again, one GL uses his own faction and dominates while the other has to use the best toons from other factions to even be competitive.
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Slaveen wrote: »

Again, one GL uses his own faction and dominates while the other has to use the best toons from other factions to even be competitive.

Exactly. That's the most annoying thing.