Road to disappointment

Prev134
Brown89
174 posts Member
So everyone has been waiting for the road ahead.
Some players have been hedging if they continue playing on it and that's what we get....
Some rough details of a new game mode, with a combination of TW bonuses that got scrapped and feats from GAC which no one really likes.
This is a seriously disappointing road ahead.

It feels like all the headway from Vader and the Jedi Luke event has all been undone.

Replies

• I initially thought it was just one piece of the road ahead.

If this is not the case,this is an big dissapoint.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    Feels like it should be 1 / 3 posts or something. With more events or game modes.

Just one idea is not a road ahead. A 6 month plan or whatever it was once described as
  • newbornFL wrote: »
    I initially thought it was just one piece of the road ahead.

If this is not the case,this is an big dissapoint.

No, that's the whole thing bud.
  • They said in the road ahead that this is one of the many new features and after they see how this goes they'll add more
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Oh boy. If how they "designed" assault battles is anything to go on, this sounds like more pve **** with absurd enemy TM and insta-kill RNG gates. "Allowing you to test out different parts of your collection"—they still don't get it: players want to be able to test PVP situations. But I guess this is technically new content, so there's that.
  • They said in the road ahead that this is one of the many new features and after they see how this goes they'll add more

Some people can’t read or only want things their way! Can’t please some people
  • XaVii
    69 posts Member
    I dont understand how swgoh having more than 900 Millions on revenue, cant make new gamemodes faster...
  • Why did we not get this in April? There is nothing here that couldn't have been shared months ago.. They are still developing it now so its not like they couldn't have said this in April. The mode may be fun, but why be silent for months while people quit the game or want to quit but waited on this. Because it was going to be a lackluster Road Ahead either way? New mode that you won't get to play cause we are still working on it so the message is the same no matter when you share it. Better to wait along time to play a new feature than be bored for months with no new content, new character != new content.
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    2 years..... 2 freaking years, since REAL new playable content. I don't consider GEO TB new because it is a reskin of hoth.... and this is what we get. Wow, just wow.
  • Brown89 wrote: »
    Some players have been hedging if they continue playing on it and that's what we get....
    Some rough details of a new game mode, with a combination of TW bonuses that got scrapped and feats from GAC which no one really likes.

It feels like all the headway from Vader and the Jedi Luke event has all been undone.

Correction, it's you that does not like GAC, speak for yourself mate!

*thumbs-down*
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    WindChoke wrote: »
    Brown89 wrote: »

Correction, it's you that does not like GAC, speak for yourself mate!

*thumbs-down*

He said feats, not all of GAC.
  • dsdsds
    72 posts Member
    So... well that was a disappointment, hopefully it is better than it sounds. On the plus side, this road ahead is a quarter late, so we are due another :)

Seriously tone deaf response I feel. Dropped the ball. Lots of people have been saying the game is dying, if this is the culmination of... 6 months work - and it isnt ready yet...
  • Yea....maybe I'm missing something but this seems kinda lame.
  • There is always Disney Arena lol
  • Wow that was it? I guess it's time to ride off into the sun set. If I stay my pocket book is retired and this Kracken will be FTP. No thanks CG
  • I'm willing to see what this looks like. I'm a very light spender and all I wanted was something F2P friendly as I only have 2.3 GP and will not spend anything until I see improvements. With the quality of the luke event, vader rework, some fun new ships, and this new mode I'm interested to see where this game goes.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Polinski08 wrote: »
    Wow that was it? I guess it's time to ride off into the sun set. If I stay my pocket book is retired and this Kracken will be FTP. No thanks CG

Just play and see how it unfolds. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then. It will be fun seeing how the shills spin it lol

We still don't know too much about this new "tool." The game is never going to improve if you don't give it a chance to. I have been very upset with CG lately, but maybe this can turn things around.
  • VaderB1
    146 posts Member
    Not enough, not even a Road Ahead, just an announcement of a new game mode that will eventually be coming.

No QOL,
    No mention of new characters
    No reference to cheating

Just a reference to a new mode...

This is a Road Ahead...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194356/road-ahead-1-31-2019#latest

This is not...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/232219/the-road-ahead-6-26-2020

Not enough not by a long shot.

Take care everybody.
  • Keep in mind they are working from home still. That has to be a problem trying to get new features added. Artwork etc..
  • JohnLove11
    153 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    what if the rewards are stun guns etc to ease the gear crunch many have? or gives you shards for a character of your choice? or even new currency to unlock a new character in the future or something? so many people quick to shut this down without even seeing or playing it. just wait and see what it actually looks like before you bad mouth it

as GMY once said, patience you must have.

please speak for yourself and not on my behalf.
  • Brown89
    174 posts Member
    rickertron wrote: »

*correction most people. Not rickertron.
  • NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    Keep in mind they are working from home still. That has to be a problem trying to get new features added. Artwork etc..
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not :D

Actually being serious. With the spikes all over, watching the local and world news puts things in perspective. We didn't get a new pony.. do we really care?
    rickertron wrote: »

*correction most people. Not rickertron.

You have polled the entire player base?

The only correction for your mistake is, "So I have been waiting for the road ahead." etc. etc.