Road to disappointment

Replies

• Something is broken in me now. This will make it much easier to let go of this game.
  • There is always Disney Arena lol

And MSF. Wow. What a dung heap. 3 months late, and this is all they could come up with. Wow. My last micron of trust in the devs and this old, broke down game just left. Hope they’re embarrassed.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    NikoSWGoH wrote: »
    Keep in mind they are working from home still. That has to be a problem trying to get new features added. Artwork etc..
    I can't tell if you're being serious or not :D

Actually being serious. With the spikes all over, watching the local and world news puts things in perspective. We didn't get a new pony.. do we really care?

They had 4 months before covid became a thing, we got nothing.
    Since covid, CG has been in one of the only professions that has seen some uptick in production, we get nothing.

They are wholly accountable for what a dry year this has been, no amount of wu-flu absolves them of that.
  • Wow,it’s a game people ! Breathe, to those who are saying “msg” here I come, etc,,,BYE !!!
  • Sounds like fun.

It may actually be the "ocean of content" they were referring to, because if the conditions/feats are numerous enough, the different possibilities could make ever fight unique, and it's a daily thing. Good stuff. Well, except if we can roll on all the Tiers on auto, then it's back to farming. I hope even the high level players will have a challenge in the last tiers of the event.

I guess we'll have seasons as we do in GAC, where feats will allow specific units to shine, depending of the season. If seasons are announced in advance, it would give a new strategic option: should I gear units needed this season to get the feat rewards ? Good stuff too.

Looking forward to this !
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Brown89 wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Brown89 wrote: »
    So everyone has been waiting for the road ahead.
    Some players have been hedging if they continue playing on it and that's what we get....
    Some rough details of a new game mode, with a combination of TW bonuses that got scrapped and feats from GAC which no one really likes.
    This is a seriously disappointing road ahead.

It feels like all the headway from Vader and the Jedi Luke event has all been undone.

please speak for yourself and not on my behalf.

*correction most people. Not rickertron.

I'd call this anecdotal if you weren't just guessing in the first place.

As for your OP

giphy.gif
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • botabu
    246 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    What is the most disappointing, is that we waited MONTHS for something new to be announced, and it is still just an IDEA.... nothing concrete.
    Post edited by botabu on
  • Wampa
    53 posts Member
    You got your JKL and free Vader Upcycle. the game is finished, the next thing will be Game over no more updates, there just prolonging so u guys cant ask for money back via credit cards.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    botabu wrote: »
    What is the most disappointing, is that we waiting MONTH for something new to be announced, and it is still just an IDEA.... nothing concrete.

eu8e9ysn7vnm.jpg
    2 years..... 2 freaking years, since REAL new playable content. I don't consider GEO TB new because it is a reskin of hoth.... and this is what we get. Wow, just wow.

geotb is a reskin of hoth, so hsth is a reskin of tank, which is reskin of rancor, and new chars are just rekins of old chars, ships are just a reskin of...ships. man, what an awful game to have been playing for 4 and a half years lol
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Wow. That wsnt a good announcement considering the huge delay
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    What is the most disappointing, is that we waiting MONTH for something new to be announced, and it is still just an IDEA.... nothing concrete.

eu8e9ysn7vnm.jpg
    2 years..... 2 freaking years, since REAL new playable content. I don't consider GEO TB new because it is a reskin of hoth.... and this is what we get. Wow, just wow.

geotb is a reskin of hoth, so hsth is a reskin of tank, which is reskin of rancor, and new chars are just rekins of old chars, ships are just a reskin of...ships. man, what an awful game to have been playing for 4 and a half years lol

Even the game itself is a reskin from games like Summoners War lol.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Or wasn't it.

No way to know yet.
  • They said in the road ahead that this is one of the many new features and after they see how this goes they'll add more

Some people can’t read or only want things their way! Can’t please some people

What do you mean "some people." Most of humanity is like that, well above 90%. How many people of all the people you encounter in a day openly acknowledge that they were wrong about something. The calibur of people in general is pathetic. When I was a teenager in calculus class I realized "wow, the guys that wrote this were really smart and I'm pretty stupid." Then I realized, "wow, most other people are really really stupid."

<---- says that as he enjoys #2 of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    They didn’t address Rey so I’m still FTP but that being said I’m hopeful and excited that this new game mode will be fun and rewarding
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    They said in the road ahead that this is one of the many new features and after they see how this goes they'll add more

Some people can’t read or only want things their way! Can’t please some people

What do you mean "some people." Most of humanity is like that, well above 90%. How many people of all the people you encounter in a day openly acknowledge that they were wrong about something. The calibur of people in general is pathetic. When I was a teenager in calculus class I realized "wow, the guys that wrote this were really smart and I'm pretty stupid." Then I realized, "wow, most other people are really really stupid."

<---- says that as he enjoys #2 of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale

what a terrible drink choice, I don't like ipa-type beer!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Tezza23
    88 posts Member
    Wampa wrote: »
    You got your JKL and free Vader Upcycle. the game is finished, the next thing will be Game over no more updates, there just prolonging so u guys cant ask for money back via credit cards.

I was thinking this as well . Anyone who plays madden or FIFA should see Kylo and Rey are your tots and the game will shortly die afterwards 6-12 months , then a new version of galaxy of heroes will come in some shape or form.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Alright bois, time to go to the recruiting tab cause a lot of people quit after this lackluster RA. Need to find replacements before TB

Sounds like a your guild issue. Or anecdotal.
  • MetaThumper
    496 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    If they could add a feature somewhere inside this mode where you can battle your own faction with their modded stats I'd be completely satisfied of content for a year. I have had a dance with the devil that I've been wanting to fight for a very long time and would love to see my creation in action but unfortunately I have not got to face anything similar stature.
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    VaderB1 wrote: »
    Not enough, not even a Road Ahead, just an announcement of a new game mode that will eventually be coming.

No QOL,
    No mention of new characters
    No reference to cheating

Just a reference to a new mode...

This is a Road Ahead...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194356/road-ahead-1-31-2019#latest

This is not...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/232219/the-road-ahead-6-26-2020

Not enough not by a long shot.

Take care everybody.

This cant be quoted enough @CG_TopHat @CG_SBCrumb show this to your boss, this is a proper road ahead.

• It's not the content of the Road Ahead that is the problem, it's what isn't in it!
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Or wasn't it.

No way to know yet.

1 thing?

Yeah thats bad. Even if the thing announces is good.... they delayed and delayed only to announce one thing.

You know msf does a blog that has 4 times the content mentioned and its done weekly.

The fact that this wasnt announced in april is shameful. The lack of details or specifics makes it feel months away.

This RA needed much much more considering the delay
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    The issue is that MSF is producing and developing enough to have a weekly blog announcement and SWGOH is not. If SWGOH was introducing content, chars, packs, events as often as MSF, then they’d def need to have the same level of communication and announcements that MSF have, but they absolutely do not.

Missing the point. If you delay the RA for 2 months and that is all you have to share... youve failed.

You could have shared that 2 months ago.

Which means theyve done nothing until recently.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    The issue is that MSF is producing and developing enough to have a weekly blog announcement and SWGOH is not. If SWGOH was introducing content, chars, packs, events as often as MSF, then they’d def need to have the same level of communication and announcements that MSF have, but they absolutely do not.

Missing the point. If you delay the RA for 2 months and that is all you have to share... youve failed.

You could have shared that 2 months ago.

Which means theyve done nothing until recently.

I don’t think I missed your point at all.

MSF built their game on a 2 year newer platform than SWGOH did. Crumb admitted, as we all know, mobile gaming technology has significantly advanced in the last 5 years.

SWGOH recognized they needed to update their content delivery system and have been working on that this entire year.

Could SWGOH communicated things better along the way, yep.

Then say that. Talk about it. Share the details of what youve done and why i should care.

Its not hard.

That RA lacked details and more then 1 piece of content.

If thats all they have, then they have nothing to show for the 6 months theyve spent.

Why didnt they release the RA in april and talk about vader rework, luke event and this?