7* months of no new content followed by another 3

Prev1
Its_not_a_moon
1306 posts Member
edited June 2020
What did you seriously think RA would actually give us content starting from July first?
Good one mate, RA is gonna be like this what we have planned for the next 3 months aka we giving you stuff to do on September 30th.

Yup I was right, crumb in the interview said the galactic challenges will be coming in the next 3 months which is basically end of September. That means we will be having 10 months of no new content
Post edited by Its_not_a_moon on

Replies

• If you don't consider anything done in the past 14 months as new content, then don't expect any new content to ever be released
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • I don't think anyone is saying the RA is going to be followed immediately by new content. They said they're releasing details for the tool they're using to build new content.

That said, the main problem here is that they keep setting expectations that they fail to meet. I think it would be much better if they stopped doing this and just committed when they were certain they could accomplish what they were saying.

No content is one thing. Constantly saying we're getting content, then moving the dates and saying some content is put on hold for other content, is not a good look and only leads to frustrated players.

How does a company like this make an announcement in April that they'll have details in May on what's coming, and then still not release that until the end of June or later (tbd)? How did you not already not know details on what you were working on in April?
  • If you don't consider anything done in the past 14 months as new content, then don't expect any new content to ever be released

The only new content I can remember is geo TB and the new tiers from assault battles and the assault battles are up to debate. The journey guide is cool, but that allows you to play old content again, so it's no new content

It really isn't much of a content at all... most of that 'content' is exclusively useful during GAC, the events are short and repetitive, paywall-blocked upon initial release and pretty straight-forward and repetitive even.

Jedi Knight Luke's Journey event was the only fun event aside from the initial release of the 3 mando characters, and that was literally it for this year as far as the word ENJOYABLE is concerned.

Sorry man I thought the developers said characters are not content, last content update was light side geo TB

which was 7 months ago, not 14. The point was things were developed and released in the past 14 months that some have deemed to not be content for "reasons", so if that describes you than i wouldn't expect much going forward. By the logic of TB being a reskin (popular complaint, not saying its yours), then this new update will just be a reskin of ABs or daily challenges. Some people just want to focus on what they wanted but didn't get, in which case they will always be disappointed.
    Looking for a new guild? Come check out the Underworld Alliance on Discord:https://discord.gg/wvrYb4Q
  • Ggdjqjchsabjdj
    780 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • New toons aren't content, events aren't content, new game modes aren't content... Maybe they should simply record videos of themselves playing and ranting about random stuff. After all, that youtuber who was caught buying accounts is called "the greatest content creator" by his defenders.
  • New toons aren't content, events aren't content, new game modes aren't content... Maybe they should simply record videos of themselves playing and ranting about random stuff. After all, that youtuber who was caught buying accounts is called "the greatest content creator" by his defenders.

I think the account was given to him... I could be wrong though

• Vuko
    12 posts Member
    Farriot wrote: »
    New toons aren't content, events aren't content, new game modes aren't content... Maybe they should simply record videos of themselves playing and ranting about random stuff. After all, that youtuber who was caught buying accounts is called "the greatest content creator" by his defenders.

I think the account was given to him... I could be wrong though
    There is no way to know how it went. It’s not like CG could look into Ahnaldts bank account. It’s hard to believe that someone would give an unknown person a big Kraken account for nothing
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    If you don't consider anything done in the past 14 months as new content, then don't expect any new content to ever be released

Sorry man I thought the developers said characters are not content, last content update was light side geo TB

which was 7 months ago, not 14. The point was things were developed and released in the past 14 months that some have deemed to not be content for "reasons", so if that describes you than i wouldn't expect much going forward. By the logic of TB being a reskin (popular complaint, not saying its yours), then this new update will just be a reskin of ABs or daily challenges. Some people just want to focus on what they wanted but didn't get, in which case they will always be disappointed.

Lsgeotb was not designed for anyone in the game so it doesn't count as content either. The toons we have barely work. Some of the hero toons DONT work.
    Lsgeotb isnt content.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »
    If you don't consider anything done in the past 14 months as new content, then don't expect any new content to ever be released

Lsgeotb was not designed for anyone in the game so it doesn't count as content either. The toons we have barely work. Some of the hero toons DONT work.
    Lsgeotb isnt content.

Rey and Luke say hi.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

Lsgeotb isnt content.

Rey and Luke say hi.

98% of the player base says hi back.

Not my problem. Git gud.

But also the claim was that LS TB wasn't designed for anyone in the game, which is completely wrong.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

Lsgeotb isnt content.

Rey and Luke say hi.

Rey getting 1/4 in p1 LSGeoTB says hi back

Also they came out months after the TB so what point is being made here?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Lsgeotb isnt content.

Rey and Luke say hi.

If you are getting 1/4 with either that's on you as you are doing something wrong.

And they clearly had planned on future LS toons doing better in the TB than the toons that were available at the time.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Lsgeotb isnt content.

Rey and Luke say hi.

speaking of gitting gud.

rtt: op, I hope you don't need to calendar things for a living, or need a sense of time
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member

Lsgeotb isnt content.

Rey and Luke say hi.

If you are getting 1/4 with either that's on you as you are doing something wrong.

And they clearly had planned on future LS toons doing better in the TB than the toons that were available at the time.

I dont have Rey, just going off the dozens of videos put out where she gets slaughtered easier than a similarly geared padme or shaak team.

And lsgeotb wasn't designed for anyone in the game. It cant be completed. No one can get close to completion.
    If i make something for the game and it can't be completed for the next 10 years is it really content? I'd give a big 'No' to that.
    When Mace gets his rework it can be content, before then it's purpose in the game is to be a difficulty anchor for them to pull data from.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Moving the goalposts, cool. Common bad faith tactic here.

And going off of videos to prove your point is a huge lol. I've never failed to get a 4/4 with Rey and that includes multiple times where I lost somone in the opening salvo.
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    Moving the goalposts, cool. Common bad faith tactic here.

And going off of videos to prove your point is a huge lol. I've never failed to get a 4/4 with Rey and that includes multiple times where I lost somone in the opening salvo.

Your anecdotal experience of a sentiment not shared by many Rey users of her performance in lsgeotb is a huge lol.

Always enjoy these talks, i like finding the 1 in 100 posts of yours that are in any way substantive
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Not shared by many users? So I guess you are complimenting my skill then.
  • The devs are dealing with power creep.

If they make content for the 1% like LSTB for people who keep the game alive then it's not playable for the other 99%
  • The devs are dealing with power creep.

If they make content for the 1% like LSTB for people who keep the game alive then it's not playable for the other 99%

It's not even fully playable for the 1%, I would say DSTB was for the 1% when it came out.

But it doesn't matter, what kind of gaming company with almost 1 billion dollars in revenue fails to produce fresh content in basically 10 months, even games like SWTOR are getting constant new raids, flash points, new stories and maps with fully voice acted cutscene's and player choices, and they made just as much money as SWGOH, except they put some of the money they earn back into the game where CG is all profit profit profit and everything is too expansive to add.
    Just look at mobile strike force, they know how to treat their player base and keep the money coming

The problem is power creep.

if they make new content it will be either unplayable or not a challenge because theres guilds of 7m gp each person and lots of guilds with 2m gp per person.

So they had to spend 10 months working on a tool that automatically balances the difficulty based on each persons individual roster. Given their track record at releasing things that are "balanced" I have a bad feeling about this.

I can see the game taking you roster then making the event one level harder to encourage spending. Like you have a relic 3 wampa but the event required relic 4.

The next day your relic 4 wampa but now the new event you need relic 5... and so on.

This is what I expect