Help needed - official Support is not helping! :(

joelgs23
251 posts Member
I got my friend started in this game, but about a month ago his in app purchase ability went away and he is unable to get anything. He cannot see any in app purchases. He wants to buy the hyperdrive bundle, but it is not available, neither are crystal packs or any of the normal bundles, just empty screens. We have both been contacting support on his behalf, and they continue to message him generic emails that do not solve the problem or even address it! Does anyone know how to fix this? He was able to buy things, then he moved to a new apartment and boom, in app purchases dissapeared.

He has:
One Plus Phone w/ Android 10
We work in China right now
He can buy in app purchases from every other app
We have reinstalled the game
Logged in and out
Check his Google Play data

Anyone please help? EA support just sends me he same email over and over... “did you try these?” With a link. Totally worthless and he has been fighting this for a month. He is about to stop playing the game due to frustration over this problem. Any advice??

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    if it's not the china thing it could be the age settings on the game. I'm not sure if he had bought things in the past but an underage account is one of the reasons I've seen for not being able to purchase. glgl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    if it's not the china thing it could be the age settings on the game. I'm not sure if he had bought things in the past but an undersage account is one of the reasons I've seen for not being able to purchase. glgl

He has bought crystal packs in the past. To help him get started I even gifted him $20 to buy a character. I have been playing the game in China for a couple years, and so are lots of other people I know. I don’t think that China is the cause. All of his other apps are functioning, it is only Star Wars galaxy of heroes that has no in app purchase options. Everything is missing from the store, journey guide, etc.
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Where do you check the age restriction? Maybe that got changed somehow.

Is that an android feature or part of the game? I don’t know android because I own an iPhone.
  • joelgs23
    251 posts Member
    Another good point. If he logs in as a guest, the in app purchases are available. They are only gone when logged in under his Google play account.
  • Kelarn
    161 posts Member
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/231584/what-are-they-going-to-do-with-all-these-accounts-that-are-stuck-in-purgatory

Not sure if this helps or not, but try reading over the situation @Antario described and see if it perhaps applies here.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    yeah I'm not sure how to change it/how it could have been changed. probably google knows lol, but what I remember reading is people talking to cg or ea about it, i think. don't really know
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • joelgs23 wrote: »
    Another good point. If he logs in as a guest, the in app purchases are available. They are only gone when logged in under his Google play account.

If google says you are Chinese then you are Chinese. Sounds like a google play issue via google ID. My google play has also been acting up ever since the China ban went into play. It takes like 15 to 30 minutes to load now.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    If you setup the game while in china.... it falls under china rules