Why do people want a death Star raid when there's nothing special about fleets

Prev1
Darion
75 posts Member
IMO the community is just a bunch of microphones amplifying off each other... Death Star raid sounds sick in theory and would be some cool content but it's either going to be all fleet or it's going to be 1/4 fleet and then the battle of endor... In either case do people think fleets are in anyway unique enough to do a raid around it? Like is it just going to be a do you have the main 2-3 fleets and your guild all have to participate to finish it, because without a huge overhaul of fleets it's not going to be that dynamic just pop in for your damage and that's it.

Replies

• Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Darion wrote: »
    IMO the community is just a bunch of microphones amplifying off each other... Death Star raid sounds sick in theory and would be some cool content but it's either going to be all fleet or it's going to be 1/4 fleet and then the battle of endor... In either case do people think fleets are in anyway unique enough to do a raid around it? Like is it just going to be a do you have the main 2-3 fleets and your guild all have to participate to finish it, because without a huge overhaul of fleets it's not going to be that dynamic just pop in for your damage and that's it.

That’s how raids already work. I don’t see why they can’t do it for ships.
  • As the poster above said, that's basically how raids already work. Being able to complete the sith raid mostly hinged on how many JTR's you had, this is not new. At least now instead of before geo tb when we had four capital ships, we have eight.

I just want a new raid. A fleet phase would be cool, but not necessary. Just give us a new raid and let us sim the tank.
  • The reason they should do an all ship raid is the GLs. With the massive power creep in characters it is now impossible for them to make a character raid that is interesting for GL owners, but also playable for all the others too.

Ships do not have as much of that problem at the moment. A raid for ships would be much easier to balance so that the majority of players could contribute, while higher tiers need longer term farm ships like malevolence etc in order to be successful.

Bring on an all ship death star raid!
  • Thanks for taking the time to create this post, Darion.

At a risk of sounding like a microphone trying to amplify off of the other posters, I think a ship raid makes perfect sense. It would be novel, it doesn't need to be "unique" in implementation of raid strategy even though using ships for a raid would be unique to this game, it's time to sim the HAAT, so add a new one, and it removes a lot of the Galactic Legend raid barrier (I now can't use multiple HSTR non-GL teams fast enough for my taste).

There needs to be no overhaul of fleets to make a ship raid dynamic, and it's time to use ships in another mode. The Death Star as a focus for all ships in a raid makes as much sense as Jedi Knight Luke's abilities and affiliation/faction tag. So go ahead and just "pop in" for your Death Star damage and let others get a better chance to get those top 3 rewards.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    edited June 2020

Interesting that you think it has to end with the battle of Endor. That was a whole other movie with a Death Star that had nothing to do with Endor. I highly recommend watching it, i believe it started a series of movies, books, video games etc...
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    The reason they should do an all ship raid is the GLs. With the massive power creep in characters it is now impossible for them to make a character raid that is interesting for GL owners, but also playable for all the others too.

Ships do not have as much of that problem at the moment. A raid for ships would be much easier to balance so that the majority of players could contribute, while higher tiers need longer term farm ships like malevolence etc in order to be successful.

Bring on an all ship death star raid!

Not true... my idea is phase 4 would be 200 hundred troops that must be destroyed. In each time you deploy to attack they reset to their hard but not impossible defense but each troop you kill makes it harder during that run. The troops that appears next to fight after death will have a modifier to make it more defensive, faster and attacks harder. Eventually it could one hit the GL no way to clear it all. Sure maybe a gl team can clear 25 troops and non gl teams like 5 to 10 troops but wouldn’t allow any team to just auto clear it.
  • Ironjehoshaphat
    335 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    1 - it would be iconic.
    2 - it would give ships more meaning
    3 - more rewards
    4 - something to do
    5 - there would be more goals to set and meet/ surpass

Just a few

@Winterwolves - great idea on the GL’s - this raid would be a lot easier for them to make.
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    We need faction based raids. Similar to the assault battles.
    Also private raids would be nice.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Play with the sound on. Fleets are awesome. And some of the visuals are awesome. The art and sound department really earned their money when they put fleet out. Honestly, if I ever got to meet the people who did the sound and art for fleet, I'd buy them a drink.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • "Why do people want a Death Star raid when there's nothing special about fleets?"

Probably so there's a reason for fleets to be special if i had to guess. ;)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    ship raid will just be a reskinned non-ship raid!
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Akenno wrote: »
    We need faction based raids. Similar to the assault battles.
    Also private raids would be nice.

I’m sorry, but that doesn’t really sound like fun. That would force you to not use a lot of good raid teams, which both lessens the worth of those characters and makes the raid more repetitive.
  • Chmilk2
    69 posts Member
    Or we could have a raid commemorating a dark side victory for once
  • Ally
    47 posts Member
    Because you don't need to limit it to ships, just do a ROTJ like where you have different phases

1. Space battle - Ships
    2. Endor Battle - Characters
    3. Super Star Destroyer take down -ships
    4. Emperor Take down - Characters

four phases, all different themes, all with unique mechanics and all very thematic, simples.
  • I was thinking OG Death Star, so something like this:
    P1- Initial rescue of Princess Leia.
    P2- Ships.
    P3-Trying to get out of the Death Star.
    P4- Blowing up of the Death Star
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    IMO the community is just a bunch of microphones amplifying off each other...

Correct, but not in the way you think.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I was thinking OG Death Star, so something like this:
    P2- Ships.

I'm gonna assume you mean ships for P4 as well.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    A fleet raid (or just 1 or 2 phases of a new raid) would be a great opportunity to raise the interest of people into ships. Right now many people despise ships also due to the investment to gear up those pilots. Once those people would not only be given the oppurtunity to climb up the fleet ladder with their geared up ships and grab those important daily crystals but also get rewarded with new raid rewards for helping out the guild by gearing up ships.
    Obviously not everyone will be interested as some people are despising ships so much that they've developed a strict rejection (never understood why but whatever) but some people might give it a go then.
    I used to not like ships aswell and was just trying to sit at ~ top 50 in times of the Executrix/Chimera TIE dodge meta but once I gave it a go and developed a HMF Ackbar fleet I was taking top spots and getting that 300+ daily crystals is something you don't wanna miss out on.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Because ships are fun.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Because ships are fun.

Careful, you get labelled as a shill or plant if you admit anything in the game is fun. You're supposed to hate everything but keep playing it anyway.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I was thinking OG Death Star, so something like this:
    P2- Ships.

I'm gonna assume you mean ships for P4 as well.

No, R2-D2 blows up the Death Star from the inside, sacrificing himself for the rebellion.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I see some decent points in here but imagine having the rancor raid with no TM removal... That was a challenging raid at the time, but strategies could be used and developed.

A) With the ships we have you'd have to make it either top gp teir guild doable (which would pretty much be monotonous for end game player content),

or

B ) you would have to make it unbeatable and develop a lot of ship content such that it could be interesting and likely not beatable for months (as I mentioned ships needs a rather large overhaul to make it more customizable/interesting).

If it's a) well no content would be about as good as this... Essentially adding 2 minutes to the daily total time played.
    If it's b) ... Well Now let's consider how everyone feels about lsgtb...

Which is why I think death star raid is WAY to early.
  • Darion
    75 posts Member
    To a lot of people discussing normal combat elements and ship elements, that's a nice thought but GLs ... So once again has to be a LSGTB type raid so even with gls it's not beatable or its monotonous.

Best case would be they ban GLs in raids, (love to see whale reactions 😂)
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Because ships are fun.

Careful, you get labelled as a shill or plant if you admit anything in the game is fun. You're supposed to hate everything but keep playing it anyway.

This sarcastic hyperbole makes complaints look sane.

Oh my bad.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    ZAP wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Because ships are fun.

This sarcastic hyperbole makes complaints look sane.

Unfortunately, that is no exaggeration.