Please don't lock new stuff behind daily activities.

Replies

• Ucmo
    548 posts Member
    So with my late arena payout, I fall asleep early and neglect to do a ship arena battle thus not finishing my dailies, then I am unable to attempt the new mode the next day? What is the harm in the new mode unlocking at the daily midnight reset mike GW? Why need to lock it behind some sort of task?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Lots of players only complete daily activities after their arena climb hour starts. So if you need to complete the daily stuff before you can access the new game mode, you are asking players to either hamper their climbs in arena to get to play this mode, or only play this mode at a specific time of the day.

I'd much rather be able to play whichever part of the game I want at any time of day myself.

Well, then, don't do that.

You only need two attacks to finish your daily activities. Just do two, then do three later in the day. If everyone's in the same boat, then no big deal. That, or prioritize which is more important to you and focus on that. Because it sounds like arena is more important to you, and that's totally fine.

I do two attacks in the morning. If I feel like doing another three later in the day, I do those. You can totally play whichever part of the game you want at any time of day. I do it all the time now. You'll figure out how to do it later.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Lots of players only complete daily activities after their arena climb hour starts. So if you need to complete the daily stuff before you can access the new game mode, you are asking players to either hamper their climbs in arena to get to play this mode, or only play this mode at a specific time of the day.

I'd much rather be able to play whichever part of the game I want at any time of day myself.

You only need two attacks to finish your daily activities. Just do two, then do three later in the day. If everyone's in the same boat, then no big deal. That, or prioritize which is more important to you and focus on that. Because it sounds like arena is more important to you, and that's totally fine.

I do two attacks in the morning. If I feel like doing another three later in the day, I do those. You can totally play whichever part of the game you want at any time of day. I do it all the time now. You'll figure out how to do it later.

I take number one in arena every day. Not a brag, just providing context.

Doing two attacks hours ahead of time will be detrimental to my crystal income, and I shouldn't have to forfeit crystals for this new content to be playable.

Someone had an idea about the dallies getting you a ticket for the following day, not the current day, and I'd love to hear an argument against that.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Why does this new mode need to be locked at all? CG really enjoys not letting most players play their game. Strange world.
  • NicWester wrote: »

You must not be in a spot like many, where you need more than 3 attacks to get to a tier of a reward. For me, I can typically climb into the top 100 with 4 wins. That's an extra 25 crystals. If I do my dailies early, then I would have to spend 50 crystals to get those extra 25.

Why are arena battles in dailies after level 85 anyways?
  • Ucmo
    548 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Doing two attacks hours ahead of time will be detrimental to my crystal income, and I shouldn't have to forfeit crystals for this new content to be playable.

Someone had an idea about the dallies getting you a ticket for the following day, not the current day, and I'd love to hear an argument against that.

While this idea is far superior than the mode only being unlocked the the current day after finishing dailies, it still begs the question why have this mode locked behind a requirement at all? Why not just open it up after your daily reset (just like GW)? If life gets in the way and I neglect a fleet battle and I miss completing a daily, why should that lock me out of this new game mode the following day? If the devs insist on making this mode available only after completing your dailies, then they need to remove all arena battles as a requirement.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Ucmo wrote: »

While this idea is far superior than the mode only being unlocked the the current day after finishing dailies, it still begs the question why have this mode locked behind a requirement at all? Why not just open it up after your daily reset (just like GW)? If life gets in the way and I neglect a fleet battle and I miss completing a daily, why should that lock me out of this new game mode the following day? If the devs insist on making this mode available only after completing your dailies, then they need to remove all arena battles as a requirement.

Your answer is "they want people playing daily."

Same reason for dailies in the first place, as well as timers on things.
  • Mupper00 wrote: »

I just do daily’s when I do them, no stress .

and the world revolves around you
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    [quot
    ZAP wrote: »

I agree with this for the most part, but at this point I’m actually not against having to spend a 50 crystal refresh for having the flexibility to do these new GCs whenever I want.

this doesn't make any sense for arena. it's not just the wasted 50, it's attacking before your climb for nothing, so you are either causing problems by attacking and winning, or you are just spending crytals and losing on purpose, for nothing but the ability to do an GC before bed. I can't think of a much worse option. imo

edit: which is why I would be shocked it it was tied to arena(s) fights
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Perhaps this is a way for them to balance the game so less people take #1 in arena? Haven't they said they wanted less reliance on arena for crystals?

We don't even know exactly what they are implementing, so I see no reason to complain now.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

If everyone else is doing some early attacks to get earlier access then you're on the same playing field.

If they're not, then you're falling a few spots but getting extra bites at the Challenge apple every day and will be ahead of them.
    Snowbird13 wrote: »

You must not be in a spot like many, where you need more than 3 attacks to get to a tier of a reward. For me, I can typically climb into the top 100 with 4 wins. That's an extra 25 crystals. If I do my dailies early, then I would have to spend 50 crystals to get those extra 25.

Well then lose the 25 crystals, don't refresh, and profit by 25 crystals a day and reap the benefits of extra time for Challenges and their rewards. That's a pretty good deal, depending on what the challenge rewards are.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Some won't. That's the whole point.

And this shouldn't cost crystals.
  • TVF wrote: »

Why not?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

Why not?

You want to spend crystals to play new content? Or are you just jealous of people earning more crystals than you are?
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

And you'll have an advantage over the ones who don't.

We don't know what the rewards for Challenges will be, so this is all conjecture. But let's say you can get 100 crystals a day by doing it. You're saying you wouldn't willingly drop 25 crystals from arena to guarantee 100 from Challenges?
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    It’s probably locked behind dailies to get people to attack twice early in their day which would most likely force them to refresh on their climb to 1. For players that don’t participate in the top 50, the early arena attacks don’t mean much.

This was my first, VERY CYNICAL, thought about the requirement to complete dailies (though the word 'all' is missing, and I really really hope that is intentional) - CG does not often giveth without taketh...ing. Hopefully they're not trying to intentionally, surreptitiously cause chaos among arena POs in order to reduce free crystals and cost players extra refreshes. That would be some exceptionally shady ~ish and a great way to change this PR win into a loss.

Please, CG, have a threshold/# of dailies we must complete before engaging in this new game mode, rather than forcing us to burn/waste arena battles to play the new game mode. Encouraging casual players to play daily and engage more is great. Punishing veterans (and whales) who want to be efficient about how and when to do their arena climb would be awful PR.
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Pulsipher wrote: »
    Unless arena payouts mean a lot less. Shifting crystals to challenges and flattening arena rewards would remove a lot of headache for CG and be a boon for players on the outside of shard chats. This could go a long way to nipping the f2p hoarders as well (I will be one of the nipped!)

Not gonna happen. Having Arena pay out crystals means that players are forced to chase the new, shiny meta, which CG can curate with buffs/nerfs/reworks. Having a meaningless arena would mean less drive to stay 'at the tip of the spear' and decrease revenue, in addition to hurting those who rely on those arena POs to continue playing as F2P or minnows.

*This is also why I don't think GAC rewards will ever be swapped with arena rewards - this would incentivize newer players to keep lean, efficient rosters to lurk in div 2 and win every match, rather than invest in every new meta to compete in Arena.*

Please have some perspective and try to see this from CG's perspective. They are a for profit company, so most of their actions are attempting to do, in order:
    1) make money
    2) be seen as (and/or actually) good PR and QOL for the community to keep people playing.

Remove your desires from the equation. They don't care what one individual player wants. They need to keep the lights on and please the masses.
    Post edited by WookieWookie on
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    You can adjust your arena payout time in the settings...so if you want to wait to do your arena run right before payout and still have all day on these new challenges, just change your arena payout to earlier in the day.

Keep in mind you can only change these settings twice a year, presumably because of daily savings time
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    03Chaos wrote: »
    You can adjust your arena payout time in the settings...so if you want to wait to do your arena run right before payout and still have all day on these new challenges, just change your arena payout to earlier in the day.

Keep in mind you can only change these settings twice a year, presumably because of daily savings time

Terrible idea. I mean, yeah it works, but my payout time is optimized for me schedule. I shouldn't have to blow that up for this.
  • TVF wrote: »

Terrible idea. I mean, yeah it works, but my payout time is optimized for me schedule. I shouldn't have to blow that up for this.

Exactly this.

I do my climbing at the end of the day because that’s when I have time. It’s like an hour and a half of battles every 8 minutes. I can’t do that during the day. So my climbing usually end around 10h30 PM, so if I have to play that new mode after that .. most likely that wont happen from Monday to Friday. Yay to new everyday content.

I also don’t like the idea of loosing 2 arena fights early in the day just to unlock the event, often it takes me more than 5 battles to reach top 5, so that’s another refresh just to be able to play the event.
  • 03Chaos
    46 posts Member
    Wolfcast1e wrote: »

Exactly this.

I do my climbing at the end of the day because that’s when I have time. It’s like an hour and a half of battles every 8 minutes. I can’t do that during the day. So my climbing usually end around 10h30 PM, so if I have to play that new mode after that .. most likely that wont happen from Monday to Friday. Yay to new everyday content.

I also don’t like the idea of loosing 2 arena fights early in the day just to unlock the event, often it takes me more than 5 battles to reach top 5, so that’s another refresh just to be able to play the event.

If you don't have time until late evening, then would you even have time for the new event before then, anyway?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited June 2020

Exactly this.

If you don't have time until late evening, then would you even have time for the new event before then, anyway?

There's no limit on number of attempts for the new event, and your progression is in no way affected by other players. False equivalency.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member

Exactly this.

Ppl have time during day, but cant just spare whole 1h to do full climb. This should let you play anytime you are bored, in bus or have 15 minutes to spare and waiting for something, since you can stop any time and try later. While for arena climb you pretty much have to take whole 1 hour off.
  • DadKev
    314 posts Member
    I like the idea of us being granted a daily token one day ahead. So everyone gets one token at launch, and then you can use it that day, meanwhile you get a second for completing your dailies that day which you can then use the next day.

Of course that will still screw with people that already have done their dailies that launch day, so they should announce the start date both here and in-game.

Or give us two daily tokens at launch.

This is the best message in the thread. +1000
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    ShawDou wrote: »

Exactly this.

Ppl have time during day, but cant just spare whole 1h to do full climb. This should let you play anytime you are bored, in bus or have 15 minutes to spare and waiting for something, since you can stop any time and try later. While for arena climb you pretty much have to take whole 1 hour off.

They do let you play any time you are bored, in a bus, or 15 minutes to spare. You just choose to wait until as late as possible to start your arena attacks.

As I said earlier, that's a fine and valid choice if you feel like it. But don't act like there's a gun to your head that'll go off if you don't twiddle your thumbs until 5:00pm.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ShawDou wrote: »

Exactly this.

They do let you play any time you are bored, in a bus, or 15 minutes to spare. You just choose to wait until as late as possible to start your arena attacks.

As I said earlier, that's a fine and valid choice if you feel like it. But don't act like there's a gun to your head that'll go off if you don't twiddle your thumbs until 5:00pm.

@NicWester if you're trying to get a top spot, especially in an active shard, you are shooting yourself in the foot by climbing early. This shouldn't be a choice we have to make.
  • sorry guys i am with cg on this one because it helps get rid of the shard chats power and it will let more people climb and the whole stupid complaint of i cant take 1st any more is just lame
  • Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Or remove arena fights from dailies after level 85.

I think arena would suffer greatly if they did that. It would make arena significantly more competitive to the extent that it would seem insurmountable to many players. Casual players doing their 2-a-days like myself have 10%interest in arena competitiveness enough to stay top 200, 100 is nice on occassion. By pulling out all casual players my top 300 could be losing a lot of fluff ladder steps for players like me. Then again, I'm going full Padme in 2 months with the goal of Padme GAS and by then it'll all be moot anyway. Eternal meta-chasing for this F2Per.