No huge change needed for rey

2Next

Replies

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    Dont buff Rey, Nerf kylo instead.

The powercreep is so insane, it is obviously the end, they will be stuck in 2 or 3 iterations only.

I Agree with this
  • Saada
    664 posts Member
    Gamorrean wrote: »
    Saada wrote: »
    “Irrelevant that you can’t use resistance”
    How so? By splitting up meta teams compared to Kylo who can hide behind FO allies? You obviously don’t know what’s the issue here.

If you could read its irrelevant in squad arena. Rey is made to be used with light side toons and not just a certain faction and in squad arena it doesn't matter since its not like your short a gas or jkr for another squad that you need to use... get it?
    And its pretty clear but I'll repeat it.... in gac and tw, rey in defence still needs multiple squads or a gl to beat her so a gl to beat a gl or jkr and gas or dr with gba still gives rey owners an advantage. The only issue is vader as I've stated.....

By your logic it’s your post that is irrelevant. You are still trying to justify Rey for a different reason. It dosen’t change anything. Rey is still worse than Kylo in every aspect of the game.

Rey + Resistance should be able to defeat Kylo + FO. That’s it.

No that's not it
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    “Irrelevant that you can’t use resistance”
    How so? By splitting up meta teams compared to Kylo who can hide behind FO allies? You obviously don’t know what’s the issue here.

If you could read its irrelevant in squad arena. Rey is made to be used with light side toons and not just a certain faction and in squad arena it doesn't matter since its not like your short a gas or jkr for another squad that you need to use... get it?
    And its pretty clear but I'll repeat it.... in gac and tw, rey in defence still needs multiple squads or a gl to beat her so a gl to beat a gl or jkr and gas or dr with gba still gives rey owners an advantage. The only issue is vader as I've stated.....

By your logic it’s your post that is irrelevant. You are still trying to justify Rey for a different reason. It dosen’t change anything. Rey is still worse than Kylo in every aspect of the game.

Rey + Resistance should be able to defeat Kylo + FO. That’s it.

No that's not it

lol ok, luckily we all have different opinions
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member
    Monomer wrote: »
    It's irrelevant that you can't use just resistance.
    Completely disagree. Just as SLKR is viable with FO, Rey should be. Any other option such as using 4 meta toons to win over is garbage argument.
    I didn't see you tackling the back to back ultimates (maybe one turn gap).

I've mentioned that in a previous comment that the crits done when rey was in her ult stance would be I assumed fixed and still think they'll get around to it.

Again you are all missing the fact that they have clearly stated that these toons are not made for one faction so to say it's garbage that you have to use 4 meta toons is silly since thats what these GLs are made for.

Except that’s really only the case for one of them. So your argument seems pretty disingenuous.

I’m not of the opinion that Rey needs a buff though. Kylo needs to be dialed back down.

People use wat, thrawn, malak, dr, bsf, traya with kylo and you can also use fo. just like rey can use gas, wat, jkr, jkl, gk as well as just resistance. Against rey with jkl, I have to mix and match to win so definitely not biased or one sided in anyway. It applies to both. And when they add extra toons it will become even more of mix and match fest. Change the crits, fix the vader and I've given plenty of reasons why it's not all doom and gloom for rey owners like they are making it out to be

People often use full first order in arena because it’s one of the best teams with Kylo, and the characters were already required. People almost never use full resistance. And before you respond about arena team composition not mattering, it does. It matters because it shows that one native team is stronger than the other. Having to “mix and match” (which is debatable because there are other full first order teams that would likely work) one or two characters isn’t much of a concession when we’re talking about Rey with all legendary and/or epic confrontation characters.

And stop throwing out a suggestion for a buff that stops Vader as some sort of consolation prize. That’s doesn’t do very much at all to change the power dynamic between the two GL, which is the topic at hand. Rey doesn’t need a buff. Kylo needs a nerf.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    So much anti-Kylo salt in here.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Saada
    664 posts Member
    Completely disagree. Just as SLKR is viable with FO, Rey should be. Any other option such as using 4 meta toons to win over is garbage argument.

I've mentioned that in a previous comment that the crits done when rey was in her ult stance would be I assumed fixed and still think they'll get around to it.

Again you are all missing the fact that they have clearly stated that these toons are not made for one faction so to say it's garbage that you have to use 4 meta toons is silly since thats what these GLs are made for.

Except that’s really only the case for one of them. So your argument seems pretty disingenuous.

I’m not of the opinion that Rey needs a buff though. Kylo needs to be dialed back down.

People use wat, thrawn, malak, dr, bsf, traya with kylo and you can also use fo. just like rey can use gas, wat, jkr, jkl, gk as well as just resistance. Against rey with jkl, I have to mix and match to win so definitely not biased or one sided in anyway. It applies to both. And when they add extra toons it will become even more of mix and match fest. Change the crits, fix the vader and I've given plenty of reasons why it's not all doom and gloom for rey owners like they are making it out to be

People often use full first order in arena because it’s one of the best teams with Kylo, and the characters were already required. People almost never use full resistance. And before you respond about arena team composition not mattering, it does. It matters because it shows that one native team is stronger than the other. Having to “mix and match” (which is debatable because there are other full first order teams that would likely work) one or two characters isn’t much of a concession when we’re talking about Rey with all legendary and/or epic confrontation characters.

And stop throwing out a suggestion for a buff that stops Vader as some sort of consolation prize. That’s doesn’t do very much at all to change the power dynamic between the two GL, which is the topic at hand. Rey doesn’t need a buff. Kylo needs a nerf.

Vader as well as removing the Crits while rey is in her stance so no not a consolation prize but pretty sure it's help for rey owners.....
    Why do you think your right? I'm a Kylo owner and trying to find a middle ground unlike most of you who are just over the top blinded by the fact you think kylo is god.
  • Saada
    664 posts Member

Or you need to be open to other options. Stop being blinded by your idea that you are being hard done by
  • Monomer
    139 posts Member

Or you need to be open to other options. Stop being blinded by your idea that you are being hard done by

No idea what you’re talking about. I don’t have Rey, fyi.
  • Imagine you could use your Kylo ONLY with Darth Revan, General Grievous, Bossk and Old Daka to beat Rey. That's how many squads Rey owners should strip to beat SLKR with FO, his faction. Not to mention there's NO efficient full Resistance squad AT ALL.

Try to fit to such "other options", taste them... Oh, you might been there already - SLKR kinda required DR + Badstila / Malak or Daka + Zombie or some other not FO before the buff to beat Rey. Now we want devs to buff Rey and Resistance as well, so they work toghether and could be able to beat SLKR + FO on offense and be decent on defense. They don't even have to destroy HSTR as SLKR does, though it could be nice bonus too.
  • Dmitry_M81 wrote: »
    Imagine you could use your Kylo ONLY with Darth Revan, General Grievous, Bossk and Old Daka to beat Rey. That's how many squads Rey owners should strip to beat SLKR with FO, his faction. Not to mention there's NO efficient full Resistance squad AT ALL.

Try to fit to such "other options", taste them... Oh, you might been there already - SLKR kinda required DR + Badstila / Malak or Daka + Zombie or some other not FO before the buff to beat Rey. Now we want devs to buff Rey and Resistance as well, so they work toghether and could be able to beat SLKR + FO on offense and be decent on defense. They don't even have to destroy HSTR as SLKR does, though it could be nice bonus too.

Totally agree. Rey needs at least two previous meta leaders (GAS, JKR), one separatist (!) and Jedi tank (from Padme team) just to have a chance to beat Kylo.
    I managed to use Rey on phase 4 HSTR to finish Sion and take some part of Traya while Kylo beats raid solo.
    At least half of my relic resistance toons are real garbage and can't be used even with JTR.