Merciless Vader OP?

Astrodude55
25 posts Member
edited June 2020
90nuiqtf1fyi.png
unabjsjmx4l0.png

https://swgoh.gg/p/679417796/characters/

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if you all could help me wrap my head around something real quick.
This guy's Vader soloed my entire team. If his Vader is at 215 speed under a zPalpatine lead and my Revan is at 252, my F. Bastila is at 232, and my Marauder is at 226, why is that his Vader went first before 3/5th of my time?
I used my daily arena allotment to try to beat him just to see if maybe RNG was at play here, but 4/4 times he went first. I know Merciless gives him an extra turn, I know defeating an enemy with culling blade gives him an extra turn, and I know a high or decently high potency Palpatine secures the win, but I don't get it.. I thought this game's motto was "speed is king" yet a significantly slower Vader (215), Palpatine lead (228), and Thrawn (215) mopped the floor with my high speed Sith Empire team.

Replies

• UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    He's getting +48 speed from his own team, plus an extra 40 if all your team are Jedi (total +88 for 303 overall speed) from his unique "No Escape".

To add, as Vader and EP are Empire AND Sith they provide +16 speed each. Same if you have Ezra or Kanan on you JKR team, because they also have the Rebel tag.
  • UdalCuain wrote: »
    He's getting +48 speed from his own team, plus an extra 40 if all your team are Jedi (total +88 for 303 overall speed) from his unique "No Escape".

To add, as Vader and EP are Empire AND Sith they provide +16 speed each. Same if you have Ezra or Kanan on you JKR team, because they also have the Rebel tag.

Ah! That's what it is. I forgot about his unique. Oops!

• Vader is OP! My Vader is relic 7. He one shots everybody. I run a complete Empire team but BSF with her my Vader has 100% Potency and Tenacity.Im rank 63 Im sure i can get top 50.p1edylr16qqq.png
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    1mal3b21v2py.jpg
    This is from a November 2015 shard. Git gud (and no, the guy in 15 is NOT a friend of the shard chat.)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Oh....and you're totally running the wrong comp.Full 7 stars and G11 is much too high....

bcmu4ex2oun1.jpg
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    1mal3b21v2py.jpg
    This is from a November 2015 shard.

So an old and tired shard.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    ShannonP35 wrote: »
    Vader is OP! My Vader is relic 7. He one shots everybody. I run a complete Empire team but BSF with her my Vader has 100% Potency and Tenacity.Im rank 63 Im sure i can get top 50.p1edylr16qqq.png

I'm reasonably sure top 70 doesn't make him OP.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    1mal3b21v2py.jpg
    This is from a November 2015 shard.

So an old and tired shard.

Takes one to know one is the saying....

• Dwinkelm
    765 posts Member
    Oh....and you're totally running the wrong comp.Full 7 stars and G11 is much too high....

bcmu4ex2oun1.jpg

What kind of mod comps are you running on those toons? Looks like a fun team