Time to change GA matchmaking?

Prev134567
So every GA I’m getting people with both GLs and JKL.

How am I supposed to win with just one GL? It’s just not gonna happen I mean it’s Rey aswell so may aswell use her on offence since she’s countered to death by all sorts now, may aswell allow ugnaught to counter her next.

Seriously top 80 isn’t a fair matchup now with GLs in the game

Replies

• Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    So if there is soooo many counters then you should have them in your roster.
    Why aren’t you whale hunting then lol
  • Sewpot wrote: »
    So if there is soooo many counters then you should have them in your roster.
    Why aren’t you whale hunting then lol

Even if I counter Rey how do I stop myself either losing on points that they’re gonna gain extra from the extra GL and JKL or how do I counter SLKR? He pretty much has no counters soon. Except a rey team that breaks up 5 teams.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Paulos999 wrote: »
    How am I supposed to win with just one GL? [...]

So, a fair match is one you win?

• Waqui wrote: »

No a fair match would be one where they don’t have double the GL and extra legendarys, trust me I don’t care if I win, but pointless playing when you’re this far behind.

Pointless playing when matches against this every round.

Ps what a daft comment don’t even know why I bothered replying tbh.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »

No a fair match would be one where they don’t have double the GL and extra legendarys, trust me I don’t care if I win, but pointless playing when you’re this far behind.

Pointless playing when matches against this every round.

Ps what a daft comment don’t even know why I bothered replying tbh.

It's only fair, that players, who build a strong roster also benefit. Why should you have easier matches just because you didn't build your roster as strong as your current opponents? Where's the fairness in that?

You're confusing even matches with fair matches. Those are two different things. You're arguing that you should have even matches you can win - not fair matches.
  • cboath7
    455 posts Member
    Once you get to the top level, i'd imagine there are a number of mismatches. I'm not there yet, but even in 3, it's not uncommon for me to out GP'd be 500k or more. I woudn't call that fair as the 500k is a huge difference there. But it is what is. I get more upset with total **** RNG's but that's another issue.

I do think the matching is way too random. It really should be structured more as a tournament. I know that each group of 8 is, but it doens't seem to be outside of that. If i get ripped 3 straight matches, i shouldn't get matched with people who went 3-0 in the prior round. That kind of thing. If it does work that way, it sure doesn't seem like it.
  • Paulos999 wrote: »

How am I supposed to win with just one GL? It’s just not gonna happen I mean it’s Rey aswell so may aswell use her on offence since she’s countered to death by all sorts now, may aswell allow ugnaught to counter her next.

Whom lied and told you,"You are supposed to win?.

Where have you read that I expect to win... don’t be that guy I just said I would like the opportunity to win, these matches I have no chance and isn’t even worth playing.

I’m starting to see why a lot of people don’t bother posting here anymore intelligent answers are minimal.
  • cboath7 wrote: »
    Once you get to the top level, i'd imagine there are a number of mismatches. I'm not there yet, but even in 3, it's not uncommon for me to out GP'd be 500k or more. I woudn't call that fair as the 500k is a huge difference there. But it is what is. I get more upset with total **** RNG's but that's another issue.

I do think the matching is way too random. It really should be structured more as a tournament. I know that each group of 8 is, but it doens't seem to be outside of that. If i get ripped 3 straight matches, i shouldn't get matched with people who went 3-0 in the prior round. That kind of thing. If it does work that way, it sure doesn't seem like it.

Finally a half thought out and not a stupid answer, true and fully agree about the you lose 3 you get matched with people similar and so on.

Either way must be something more fair especially for division one now, I felt like relicing a few oddballs so now I get unfair matchups everytime.

Makes the game mode style and kinda boring probably why I stopped caring, starting to see it’s a waste of time posting in here though 😂
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Where have you read that I expect to win... don’t be that guy I just said I would like the opportunity to win, these matches I have no chance and isn’t even worth playing.

I’m starting to see why a lot of people don’t bother posting here anymore intelligent answers are minimal.

And yet blame-everyone-else complaints are everywhere.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

And yet blame-everyone-else complaints are everywhere.

How am I blaming anyone else? What because I ask for fairer match ups, I’m not blaming him for having both GLs or JKL I’m just saying it’s silly I can now get drawn with people with them.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    You're blaming CG for your own roster construction.
  • Paulos999
    315 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    TVF wrote: »

There is nothing wrong with my roster I just haven’t spent enough to have both GLs and JKL how on Earth is that my own choices honestly 🤷🏼‍♂️

Not like I’ve chosen not to farm the other GL or JKL is it 🤦🏻‍♂️ Use your head.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

There is nothing wrong with my roster I just haven’t spent enough to have both GLs and JKL how on Earth is that my own choices honestly 🤷🏼‍♂️

I have one GL and JKL and I haven't been matched up with even a single GL yet. Insult me all you like but you have done things with the top end of your roster that are causing your matchups.

Post your gg here and I can show you how.

I have one GL and JKL and I haven't been matched up with even a single GL yet. Insult me all you like but you have done things with the top end of your roster that are causing your matchups.

Right so I still haven’t chosen not to farm them two then no?

Lucky you not getting matched up with GLs easy wins for you ey.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

• Paulos999
    315 posts Member
    edited June 2020

Not a lot of rubbish there.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    • R5 Bossk
    • R5 Jango
    • R5 Wampa
    • R5 KRU
    • R4 EP
    • R4 MT
    • R5 Boba
    • R7 Marauder
    • R5 Vet Han
    • R4 Dooku
    • R3 Sion
    • R3 DN
    • R3 Young Lando
    • R3 Zaalbar
    • R3 Vandor Chew

This is why you are getting the matchups you are getting.

Now compare to my roster.

https://swgoh.gg/p/279847465/characters/

I only relic what is necessary and as far as is necessary. My roster is entirely Arena and GAC focused. Yours is not. That's fine, but you are blaming CG for your own choices.
    • R5 Bossk
    • R5 Jango
    • R5 Wampa
    • R5 KRU
    • R4 EP
    • R4 MT
    • R5 Boba
    • R7 Marauder
    • R5 Vet Han
    • R4 Dooku
    • R3 Sion
    • R3 DN
    • R3 Young Lando
    • R3 Zaalbar
    • R3 Vandor Chew

I only relic what is necessary and as far as is necessary. My roster is entirely Arena and GAC focused. Yours is not. That's fine, but you are blaming CG for your own choices.

It is a collection game.

I’m blaming CG for their terrible matchmaking, you need Vet han for this Kylo farm you say I’m putting off you also need Kru (now they’re pointless) wanna double back anymore?

So if anyone is wants a fair match up they shouldn’t work on anything as you haven’t listed much there that is actually pointless.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I never said it's pointless. It's sub-optimal if you care about GAC matchups.

KRU is sub-optimal to relic if you aren't ready to unlock and gear Kylo today, same with Vet Han.

Again, look at my roster. Other than a few relics for hSTR (AV and Daka mainly) I have avoiding taking anything to G13 that doesn't help me in GAC. And I have avoiding going on high relics unless it helps me in GAC and arena. Look at my SE, I ran them at arena at lower relics and still took first every day.

SWGOH is a collection game. But it's also several other games. If you insist on focusing on just the collection part, you can't blame CG if it harms you in other areas. That's 100% your choice.

I've explained why this is not CG's fault. You don't want to listen. That's fine. Enjoy your future matchups.
    • R5 Bossk
    • R5 Jango
    • R5 Wampa
    • R5 KRU
    • R4 EP
    • R4 MT
    • R5 Boba
    • R7 Marauder
    • R5 Vet Han
    • R4 Dooku
    • R3 Sion
    • R3 DN
    • R3 Young Lando
    • R3 Zaalbar
    • R3 Vandor Chew

So you need

Kru
    Dooku (tb)
    Wampa (Luke)
    EP (SLKR)
    Bossk (who doesn’t have bossk)
    Vet Han

You need them all now, so say I accept the rest as fluff and needless, them 8-9 toons mean I should get massively unfair matchups.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I can't help myself.

Why do you need them all *now*?

You need them when you are ready for Kylo. You are not ready. That's your choice.
    I never said it's pointless. It's sub-optimal if you care about GAC matchups.

KRU is sub-optimal to relic if you aren't ready to unlock and gear Kylo today, same with Vet Han.

Again, look at my roster. Other than a few relics for hSTR (AV and Daka mainly) I have avoiding taking anything to G13 that doesn't help me in GAC. And I have avoiding going on high relics unless it helps me in GAC and arena. Look at my SE, I ran them at arena at lower relics and still took first every day.

SWGOH is a collection game. But it's also several other games. If you insist on focusing on just the collection part, you can't blame CG if it harms you in other areas. That's 100% your choice.

I've explained why this is not CG's fault. You don't want to listen. That's fine. Enjoy your future matchups.

I’m hardly collecting having a few toons at relic am I... it’s just poor matchmaking.

However can see you’re constantly on here answering for them may aswell work for them, not gonna get anything but arguments for them from you really. 😂
    I can't help myself.

You need them when you are ready for Kylo. You are not ready. That's your choice.

But you put the gear on while working on them, maybe I should just farm all that gear and not place any until I’m ready for them wouldn’t that be fun imagine trying to work out what you need and not placing any of it.

You’re trying to blame poor matchmaking because I’ve got a few toons at relic that you consider fluff and because I don’t want to take an inventory and I place gear as and when I get it.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I can't help myself.

But you put the gear on while working on them, maybe I should just farm all that gear and not place any until I’m ready for them wouldn’t that be fun imagine trying to work out what you need and not placing any of it.

You’re trying to blame poor matchmaking because I’ve got a few toons at relic that you consider fluff and because I don’t want to take an inventory and I place gear as and when I get it.

Yes.

I take inventory and equip nothing until it's fully usable for my intended purposes. Which includes unlocking a meta toon.

Sorry you don't find that fun. It explains everything though.

See ya round. But not in GAC lol.
    I can't help myself.

Yes.

I take inventory and equip nothing until it's fully usable for my intended purposes. Which includes unlocking a meta toon.

Yeah I don’t expect you to see it as wrong as you will always defend them every chance you get.

Don’t expect anything to change either tbh but all we can do is try ey, imagine having to take an inventory of relic material needed Aswell who has time for that it’s a game not a job but if you wanna spend all your time doing that, guess that’s your choice.

Take care
    • R5 Bossk
    • R5 Jango
    • R5 Wampa
    • R5 KRU
    • R4 EP
    • R4 MT
    • R5 Boba
    • R7 Marauder
    • R5 Vet Han
    • R4 Dooku
    • R3 Sion
    • R3 DN
    • R3 Young Lando
    • R3 Zaalbar
    • R3 Vandor Chew

So you need

Kru
    Dooku (tb)
    Wampa (Luke)
    EP (SLKR)
    Bossk (who doesn’t have bossk)
    Vet Han

You need them all now, so say I accept the rest as fluff and needless, them 8-9 toons mean I should get massively unfair matchups.

You definitely do not “need” Dooku at r4 for TB.

Not sure you “need” Bossk at g13 at all, let alone r5.

Young lando, zalbaar and vandor chewy are definitely not needed at all at that level.

I work like you and gear stuff as it’s ready - especially for SLKR (I’ve already got Rey, like you). But I haven’t geared the things I mentioned above and I’ve never drawn anyone with both GLs yet. Still occasionally draw someone with neither.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member

If you would like a chance to win, I would recommend that you improve your roster and build it stronger for GAC. Blaming matchmaking for your own shortcomings gets you nowhere.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I can't help myself.

Yes.

Yeah I don’t expect you to see it as wrong as you will always defend them every chance you get.

Don’t expect anything to change either tbh but all we can do is try ey, imagine having to take an inventory of relic material needed Aswell who has time for that it’s a game not a job but if you wanna spend all your time doing that, guess that’s your choice.

Take care

I think what you are not getting is that we know what mm is. We don't have to like it or anything, but it is what it is. So if you relic toons like sid and vandor and dn and ylando etc you will match yourself up with people with more focused rosters. It's like if you want SLKR, and you take everyone needed to r3-7, but have hux still at 4*, you will be at a big disadvatage bc for a very long time in GAC bc you will have a bloated roster but no slkr. You will be facing people who have him but all you will have is a pile of just decent FO and no answer for that gl besides (hopefully) a non-gl counter squad.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you