Farming Question for SLKR event as a F2P

I recently opened a new account as a farming experiment to see how many months/ years it would take for me to prepare for the SLKR event. I’m strictly going to be F2P, no purchases whatsoever. Also CG can you make gear farming a lot easier for us F2P surely you could throw in those extra events/ increase drop rates. Opened the account on 6/11, currently at L31.

Replies

• So the question here is for CG, or the actual people who visit here? If the latter, please provide a new question that we can answer.
  • robjeyaraj wrote: »
    I recently opened a new account as a farming experiment to see how many months/ years it would take for me to prepare for the SLKR event. I’m strictly going to be F2P, no purchases whatsoever. Also CG can you make gear farming a lot easier for us F2P surely you could throw in those extra events/ increase drop rates. Opened the account on 6/11, currently at L31.

I don't remember the last time CG allowed f2ps to play catch up...
  • I would guess over a year. I've been playing for 5 months and only have 2 g12s. I'm not ftp either.
  • @Snowbird13 you seem to be very optimistic B)
  • I only started playing this game because google gave me free characters for it from a purchase for another game. Does that mean I was F2P till I spent $20 on the Mandalorian, cause this is only game with Mandalorian content?
  • SkyCecil wrote: »
    I only started playing this game because google gave me free characters for it from a purchase for another game. Does that mean I was F2P till I spent $20 on the Mandalorian, cause this is only game with Mandalorian content?

Well by definition, yes.
  • Hey all I've been playing for about 1 year now and I noticing for a 100% free player, it's hard to make all chars lvl 85 bcz you never have enough credits / money
    Is there a way to get more credits / money as being a free player?
  • Hey all I've been playing for about 1 year now and I noticing for a 100% free player, it's hard to make all chars lvl 85 bcz you never have enough credits / money

Credit heists and selling mods. For me I only focus on my top toons, you don't need everyone to be 85, that would only fatten up your roster and make GAC more difficult

So far I’ve only focused on leveling up KRu phasma foo foe and FoST. I’m on L52 and have access to mods. I have completed GW 12 times now and am farming phasma at record speed. Pretty soon I should have access to Heroic AAt and pit raid along with T6 STR. I’ll keep y’all posted next month on my progress. I have also been getting 600 raid tickets everyday since 6/11 and all that without a single pack purchase.

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Hey all I've been playing for about 1 year now and I noticing for a 100% free player, it's hard to make all chars lvl 85 bcz you never have enough credits / money

definitely do not get everyone to 85. the number one thing in this game is resource management, so if you spend gold on, say, Lobot, then you won't have enough to level up good characters, especially in the early game.
    Maybe End Game isn't for you

Once you get to the point where you can sim the GW, getting creds gets easier. Swimming GW adds 600k cred, several training orbs, 100k+ in fleet cred, 25 crystals, skill tokens, and random character shards.
  • Hopefully, as a F2P player 3/7/21 is the day to complete all SLKR requirements
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    robjeyaraj wrote: »
    Hopefully, as a F2P player 3/7/21 is the day to complete all SLKR requirements

How about those ships?
  • Bkb wrote: »

How about those ships?
    KRU, fosftf and fotf are the ships I’m focusing on as I’ll be gearing them up. Asoka and biggs are easily accessible through shipments and I’ll be gearing them up too!
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    edited August 2020
    Bkb wrote: »

How about those ships?
    KRU, fosftf and fotf are the ships I’m focusing on as I’ll be gearing them up. Asoka and biggs are easily accessible through shipments and I’ll be gearing them up too!

I meant the ships you need to unlock Finalizer. 🙊

I am on my way to SLKR too and just 2 months ago I was told, to unlock a FOUR-star Finalizer without buying the shard, I need those required ships to SEVEN stars. Not 4 stars ships... And I need to repeat the bonus tier SEVEN times for 65 shards (10 shards each), to promote Finalizer to 5-star.

Therefore, HT, TAX1, S1, KRCS and XB shall be included in your farming schedule asap.

You may refer to this link for Finalizer event info:
    https://swgohevents.com/event/finalizer

Good luck!
  • At this rate, I'll have to buy the $20 crystal pack if I have to farm these ships. To be realistic this is going to take longer than expected maybe next year this time! My guild doesn't want me to waste my time and resources for this event. But let's see, I'm farming a separatist, Ewok, Pheonix, JKR, resistance, and DR team all within the same timeline! Crazy!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    you can't farm all those teams at once and do well, you need to focus
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Bkb
    22 posts Member
    Well, exactly as what Gifafi said, it is not possible to focus on so many teams at once, especially as a F2P. You basically don't have the crystals for refreshing energies and climbing the gear walls.

The main crystal income for a F2P shall probably be the fleet arena reward. You may need a really good fleet for it.

P.S. You might also want a bounty hunters team for credit.