An idea for sim raids without removing content

Once a guild has a raid on farm it becomes more about getting in, doing as much damage as possible, and ranking high. This has torn guilds apart, forced guild leaders to try and reign people back so others can enjoy the content, and caused misery ... **** missed Sith raid again.

I can understand the developers not wanting to put the most actually played content on sim by adding the sim feature to the others. Here is my idea (sorry if it’s been presented before), but once a guild reaches the required point then why not have a sim level on the raid instead of just sim. This would be the exact same version as Heroic but when you reach the required tickets it unlocks the raid for 24-36-48 hours and the guild could go in and kill it as many times as they want. Each time it is defeated it and rosters start over. Once the time is up the raid is locked again and the sim rewards are dispersed.

This would give everyone a chance to actually play in them instead of the lucky few that happen to make it in before they are beaten. It would give us a chance to play around with other chars and allow us to create our own fun.

Replies

• or just add the raids in the journey guide so that we can replay them without rewards
  • Golubowski wrote: »
    or just add the raids in the journey guide so that we can replay them without rewards

It's hard because would that be a guild wide thing or just yours? Would the damage carry over? Can you set what phase and how much damage they have? It's more difficult than just putting it in the journey guide
  • As thedrjojo points out that would be more work for the developers to do that. Was presenting an idea that “shouldn’t” be to difficult and still fix a long outstanding issue with raids once the guild has surpassed the difficulty threshold.
  • Make new raid. Put old raid on sim. Repeat.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    thedrjojo wrote: »
    Golubowski wrote: »
    or just add the raids in the journey guide so that we can replay them without rewards

It's hard because would that be a guild wide thing or just yours? Would the damage carry over? Can you set what phase and how much damage they have? It's more difficult than just putting it in the journey guide

I'd say make it an individual event in the journey guide. Make it so you can go to event, and pick what phase you wanna battle. That would be a great way to test teams on the raids and see how they perform, youd get a readout of how much damage you've done but it would always be full and able to fight again
  • Akenno
    538 posts Member
    Why not make soloraids for each of them?
  • Yes they could do that but again would likely be more work. Would you really consider them to be new content at that point? Then they also really wouldn’t be considered raids at that point either.

My suggestion is about giving what I believe to be a relative easy solution to get us something we want (sim raid) without taking away content that actually gets played (well by a few that make it in) which is what the devs want. This would actually get us access to the pit raid again as well.
  • Artumas
    324 posts Member
    I'd much prefer just not having to do raids period once you hit 35/50 7*.

Raids are currently the single biggest regular time sink for me in this game, and the primary thing (due to schedules) that's preventing me from actually being able to do other stuff, like get back into swtor or properly get back to playing piano. Doing my single main STR run takes longer than doing all of my dailies and my arena climb combined practically. And I don't even have Kylo. The more I can just avoid having to even touch raids the better, imo.

And if it's just "for fun" I simply have to ask this then: What's the point?
    Same question I ask about in-guild pvp and other similar things. What's the point?
    If you're not getting rewarded, then why in the world would you even bother doing it? Especially consistently.
    And if it's a competition for say, rank 1-4 rewards or something, then you might as well just flatten the reward curve instead. Legit less work to do that.

I, and likely most of the playerbase, have basically absolutely no interest in sitting around playing this game for "fun" and nothing else, over just playing something else that we'd get rewarded doing.

Even if that something else is just replaying the same turn based RPGs like old FFs, etc. - at least there's a purpose to doing so. Doing swgoh raids just for the sake of doing swgoh raids just seems.... pointless. Most of them aren't even remotely fun, either. ...actually, I'd argue none of them are, compared with most other content in the game. Having to keep track of mechanics, OR just attack something that's doing literally nothing, just isn't the most fun of gameplay, if we're being honest.

I'm all for allowing all raids to be simmed at some point. Even new raids right out of the gate, once you reach whatever threshold is required to sim them. But... I really don't want to still be required in any way to actually play the content, and if you're not being required to or rewarded by doing it... then again... why? Why bother putting the time and effort into changing how the entire raid system works, if almost no one is ever going to actually bother touching it?
  • cboath7
    459 posts Member
    While i can see the why bother argument, i'd think the people clearing them in 15-20 minutes would be a bigger argument for doing it. I don't know how long the big guilds take for HSTR, we're in the middle can do it in 3-4 hours. When the thing kicks off while i'm at work, i'm kinda SOL on that...
  • @Artumas I understand your point but on the other hand there are a lot of people asking for more to do in the game. This suggestion would be best of both worlds. Remove the need for you to participate in the raid without removing that content for others to play around with.

I would like a chance to try other combinations of chars in all the raids ... would love to go back and play with Rancor with not only the Relic chars but other newer chars as well but as it stands can’t do anything with Pit, have maybe a 20 min window to log in and do dmg to Tank and Sith. That content is pretty much gone to anyone in guilds that have SLKR to those that don’t.

This is not to complain about those that have him scoring top spots ... don’t care about that. But I along with others earn tickets just like them and we don’t get a chance to play in the raid even though we want to.

This suggestion is about getting that back with what shouldn’t take much in the way of added work.
  • Hi there much respect on this topic, I think the more active guilds should be rewarded so this idea is really good. Lateral thinking
  • I have a modified suggestion that I have posted before and I think would work better.

Make the raids simmable similar to put but then have them allowed for each guild member to beat individually.

If you don't want to play it you wait the two days and take the reward for joining (probably around 10th place rewards). But for those that want to do more offer better rewards for each 10% of the raid cleared by your roster alone finally maxing out if you solo the raid. And once you have 50 solos or so you have an individual sim button so you don't have to play boring content you have mastered.

I think thos addresses everyone's concerns. Those that want to play it can and have time to do so (2 days to do it at your leisure). Those that don't want to can still take lesser rewards and don't have to. If you're just joining and not doing damage 10th place rewards are still pretty generous. Those that can already solo the raid can still get top rewards and don't have to try and cramp a solo into an hour a day and can eventually sim it because it eventually gets boring.

And I think the dev time on this wouldn't be all that much. They just have to code it where only your damage counts if this is selected and add some additional rewards. Not a lot of work there when compared to a new mode. And it's more of a qol than new content.

And the part cg cares about, what's in it for them. Well, if you now have a goal to use your roster only to try and solo hstr, then many who are competitive in their guild but only have a couple raid teams that they have time to run would have incentive to go for a solo team or teams to beat other phases. And some would spend to do so.