What are the best counter to the GEOs

For me, the GEO team is the hardest to beat.
I am not able to get a win in GA against this team.

The only way I am able to beat them is with my Darth Revan team, but that's it. I have my PADME team on DEF most of the time.

Beside Darth Revan and Padme team, what is the best counter?

I do not have General Skywalker, Darth Traya, Talzin or any GL.
My full profile at https://swgoh.gg/p/452373878/

Replies

• Damodamo
    1574 posts Member
    There’s a crazy one with palp vader and a few others..

At lower gear (sub11) jawas work wonders..

Otherwise, your going to struggle without treya.

Although I did beat a g10 set with jkr and have done similar with cls/Han/chewie just because..
  • Jkr also works well
  • The best GEO counters is Treya, I noticed yours is undergeared, I'd highly recommend investing in at least her leader Zeta and buffing up your Sion to be as tank as possible. I have mine at R5 each and the two alone can handle most GEO teams, sometimes I'll bring in Sith Empire Trooper - pre-taunter. Darth Treya's leader obliterates GEOs.

For your roster, you could also use Vader, him and Thrawn can deal with most GEO teams depending on gear/relic levels.

Grevious can also dispense of GEO teams fairly quickly.

Best counters to strive for are:
    - Sith Triumvirate
    - Padme
    - JKR
    - DR
    - Grevious
    - Vader
    - FO - You'll need a strong Sith Trooper
    - JKL
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Jawas can work vs. Non-relic Geos.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • WookieWookie
    1460 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Really good reference for GAC counters HERE

Screenshot of one of the many counter strategy breakdowns:
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Sith Trio, JKR, DR, JTR, Empire with Darth Vader.
  • Really good reference for GAC counters HERE

Screenshot of one of the many counter strategy breakdowns:

That Finn/VSC/VSH/Holdo/Poe counter is the best one I've ever seen/used. Granted, I have them all at R3-R5 because they're needed for Rey, but it's gotten me max banners multiple times in GAC/TW, and provides a use for otherwise limited use characters. Trium is always messy, and usually results in an ugly win at best, and a loss more than I'd like.
  • SparkyBurns
    519 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Traya is the most reliable. People mention Jawas but to be honest if you're at the point in the game where you're struggling to beat Geos, then investing in Jawas is likely not your best option so I wouldn't bother with that at all. Nest is another option that works fairly well once you get her to high level, but that's a longish farm and gear (so many stun guns).

Finally Palpatine lead is also one that can hold it's own in the right situation, but I'll actually say that with the Vader rework a Vader lead could be a really, really good option. Not only because the new Merciless mechanic allows you to essentially take like 20 turns right off the bat, but also because of that mechanic you would be able to pull off several of his AoE that applies DoTs before a Geo might go, so there could potentially be 10+ DoTs on them before they can even move. Which could be absolutely devastating.

I haven't tried it yet, but I can say the new Vader is absolutely legit so in my mind it seems like that's going to be a real easy counter
  • Sometimes I use a grievous nuke team. One shots them all. In GA I use Padmé/CLS. CLS wins about 70% of the time though. Padmé is a long battle, but you win.
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • No mentions to NS, Talzin lead? It seems to me there is some bug in Geos AI because they attack very very often Zombie even if she does not have Taunt. So it is sufficient to wait a bit and Asaji does the job.
  • Padme with her Z.
  • TaTaKaS
    167 posts Member
    I have a geo counter video on YouTube. I also made a post in the arena strategy section of the forum not too long ago.

The team consists of Jyn lead, chirrut, k-2so, lando calrissian and wat tambor. You only need gear on k2so and lando to take down any geo team on auto once you give out the taunting tech on k2so and weapons tech to Lando. Now that we need Lando for Luke it is even better.

I break down the team and how it works in my video.

https://youtu.be/6Xd3kXVwnT0
  • Why no one say Enfy Nest yet?

If it’s high geared Geo, throw in K’ira (sc) lead. Have Nest modded for high tenacity...hit “auto” and come back in 5 minutes for a victory
  • Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    Why no one say Enfy Nest yet?

If it’s high geared Geo, throw in K’ira (sc) lead. Have Nest modded for high tenacity...hit “auto” and come back in 5 minutes for a victory
    Because Spy usually deletes Nest in one shot or the battle times out.
  • Deell
    106 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

How geared up and well modded do the Jawas need to be?
  • RoBane1738 wrote: »

Sounds good until you get unlucky and Nest goes right before Spy, who one-shots her.
    TaTaKaS wrote: »
    I have a geo counter video on YouTube. I also made a post in the arena strategy section of the forum not too long ago.

The team consists of Jyn lead, chirrut, k-2so, lando calrissian and wat tambor. You only need gear on k2so and lando to take down any geo team on auto once you give out the taunting tech on k2so and weapons tech to Lando. Now that we need Lando for Luke it is even better.

I break down the team and how it works in my video.

This seems like a waste of Wat, but even without watching the video, sounds effective. A sturdy tank with Wat's tech and a toon with a powerful AoE (like Lando) is a generic Geo counter (I timed out against an OR/Wat team with Geos once, when Wat was first released. The only reason I didn't actively lose was because they didn't have the AoE power to kill the bugs. I couldn't get around Z with the tank tech).
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Traya is the most reliable. People mention Jawas but to be honest if you're at the point in the game where you're struggling to beat Geos, then investing in Jawas is likely not your best option so I wouldn't bother with that at all. Nest is another option that works fairly well once you get her to high level, but that's a longish farm and gear (so many stun guns).

Finally Palpatine lead is also one that can hold it's own in the right situation, but I'll actually say that with the Vader rework a Vader lead could be a really, really good option. Not only because the new Merciless mechanic allows you to essentially take like 20 turns right off the bat, but also because of that mechanic you would be able to pull off several of his AoE that applies DoTs before a Geo might go, so there could potentially be 10+ DoTs on them before they can even move. Which could be absolutely devastating.

I haven't tried it yet, but I can say the new Vader is absolutely legit so in my mind it seems like that's going to be a real easy counter

I managed to take down the Geos with R7 Palpatine, R4 Thrawn, XII Vader, and XI Tarkin & Veers. I can safety say that Vader’s MM is glorious as you have 6 Geos, which mean you can unleash Vader’s AOE twice, plus Thrawn fracturing the additional Geo summoned by GBA, and you can cherry pick which one to blade cull with. Tarkin and Veers can unleash their debuff AOEs, giving Vader an extra oomph in his blade cull.

This is against a R4 GBA, with the others at XII.

• For jawas you need survivability. The AI seems to target the easiest to kill enemy first, so your scavenger needs to be the toughest so they leave them till last. I find g9 jawas with a a g11 scavenger can reliably beat g12 geos, with a chance of there are one or 2 relic 4 geos in there. Got to mod all jawas for max health/ protection though.

Nightsisters with a paper zombie (g11 is the new paper) is solid. I only have asajj reliced, but can beat all r7 geos reliably.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »

https://youtu.be/wDcanb-FYqw
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Beautiful. My jawas are about the same gear level and have no trouble against geonosians unless their Brood Alpha is r4 or above (then the counterattack from Brute becomes too strong). I usually lose at least 3 jawas because I make my Scavenger fast. I find the stealth he gets from his basic is more reliable than having him slow and letting bombs build up and using his special first.

It's even better and more reliable in 3v3. I've never lost a 3v3 battle with jawas against geonosians.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • That would be an unusual subset of players that have Wat Tambor and not Darth Traya.

Get Darth Traya and her companions.
  • jonnysiniwal
    675 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    RoBane1738 wrote: »

Because it doesn't work

Also, burning wat on geos is a waste.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

Beautiful. My jawas are about the same gear level and have no trouble against geonosians unless their Brood Alpha is r4 or above (then the counterattack from Brute becomes too strong). I usually lose at least 3 jawas because I make my Scavenger fast. I find the stealth he gets from his basic is more reliable than having him slow and letting bombs build up and using his special first.

It's even better and more reliable in 3v3. I've never lost a 3v3 battle with jawas against geonosians.

Interesting. Never tried it on 3v3. Nebit, Scav and Engineer then?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

Yeah, exactly. Nebbit needs as much hp and protection as possible because you won't be putting huge stacks of bombs on folks. But it still works great!
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester wrote: »

Yeah, exactly. Nebbit needs as much hp and protection as possible because you won't be putting huge stacks of bombs on folks. But it still works great!

Oh yeah. I usually don't lose a Jawa in 3s against Geos. Also, I put defense stat at highest priority on my Jawa modding. Remember, Geos hit like noodles except for Spy. So 40-50% defense goes a long way. Oh, I also use CA arrows on all of them.
    JE 190-210 speed
    Nebit 180-210
    Rest between 160-170 and they will likely be faster than the Geos.
    Don't neglect potency on Jawa and Dathcha. Their debuffs are useful.
    Dropping Dathcha for a fast (faster than Jawa Scav and Dathcha) beefy HK47 for Tenacity Down helps against Tenacity Up teams like Rex and Bastilla. I don't have Revans so I do that a lot.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    jawas are ok for lower-level geos, but that's also bc most people had jawas farmed and at least slightly leveled from way back. I def wouldn't farm/gear jawas to counter geos if you don't have them already. Shak clones at low levels wreck geos, Traya/sion are the best counter but traya is obv harder to get. zFinn res also work well vs geos. glgl
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I would love to draw GAC opponents that wasted top GP on Jawas.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH