Rey gains protection when entering battle

Tanzos2
17 posts Member
edited August 2021
cxlmo6y0l90i.png

As you can see above, Rey has just a sliver of health remaining. Yet when you enter the battle she has half her protection still there.

s7b5jvnhontk.png

I understand her Galactic Legend unique gives her extra Max Protection but it also gives extra Max Health yet she doesn't gain more health when I enter.

Is this right?

If it is, then consider this a PSA.

Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• CamaroAMF
    1279 posts Member
    Same thing happens with SLKR. Ran into in a previous round of GAC and I couldn’t figure out why he kept starting with protection.
  • khdelboy
    754 posts Member
    Nerf Rey!
  • That’s what happens when you face DSH in TW😉
  • you went in with just lando? lol

The real question lol
  • Rey gets additional max prot from GL unique, which is filled. She also gets additional max health but for that the game retains the same health percentage.

Lol, I had to pick someone worthless for the screenshot. I went in with Han first thinking he could shoot first and finish her.
  • Tanzos2
    17 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    str2019 wrote: »
    Rey gets additional max prot from GL unique, which is filled. She also gets additional max health but for that the game retains the same health percentage.

I imagine that's the case but it's weird that Max Health is different than Max Protection.

When Nihilus gains Max Health from annihilate he gains that much health. He doesn't gain empty health. It's just confusing how gaining Max Health when you're not at full does not add health but gaining Max Protection is adding protection.
  • GG by the way! Hell of a war
  • I think that comes from when they introduced protection and the ability to gain max protection there was no or a very limited way to gain any protection, so anyone who gained max protection would need to also gain protection, other gaining max protection would have been useless. They already had the health set up the other way because there are several way to gain health, so that mechanic wasn't necessary to make gaining max health viable.
  • The same thing happens with SLKR. If he has 0 protection and you reduce his turn meter, he will gain max protection + protection. He doesn’t stay at 0% protection and only increase his max.
  • Seems like a bug to me, if itis to gain 50% max protection at the start of the battle and she is at 0 protection, than she should still sit at 0 protection, there is nothing in her kit that would make her regain 50% of her protection that I could find

Max protection is based on max health, and has nothing to do with current health and current protection.
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    Geshtianna wrote: »
    Seems like a bug to me, if itis to gain 50% max protection at the start of the battle and she is at 0 protection, than she should still sit at 0 protection, there is nothing in her kit that would make her regain 50% of her protection that I could find

Max protection is based on max health, and has nothing to do with current health and current protection.

No. Max protection is based on the protection stat.

I think you are confusing the issue with Bonus Protection and Protection Up, which are based on health.
  • Sad that this has not been addressed by any moderator or CG. The language of her kit says increased max protection, which is protection capacity. This should behave the same as health. And, for the earlier commenter who said Nihilus gains the same amount of health as max health - not really true. It appears that way because the percentage is kept constant, as another poster said. So, if Nihilus has 1000 health left out of 100,000 (1%) and gains 50,000 max health from annihilate, he would then have 1% of 150,000 health or 1500 health - a gain of only 500 health, not 50,0000. Nihilus could then recover health via heal or health steal to get back up to 150,000, but only after his max health was increased. (I have tested and confirmed this behavior many times)
    So, if Rey starts with 0 protection out of 25,000 (0%), and then her max protection gains 80% (Relic 8) she should still have 0 protection out of 45,000.

If the answer is simply that health and protection are calculated differently, I would love to hear exactly why. There are plenty of ways toons can regain protection after gaining max protection. There is no need for protection to be increased at the same time as max protection.
  • Ultra
    11454 posts Moderator
    Its been addressed by developer before w.r.t. SEE Linking JML

The Protection gain from GL unique is additive, and they get this added battle after lead bonuses

This protection gain does not add towards JML's lead special either that does % damage of base protection