Happy One Year Anniversary to the IG88 Quest bug!

Happy One Year Anniversary to the IG88 Quest bug!

On this day, June 27, 2019, the first Geonosis Territory Battle was released. It was filled promise, rewards and all kinds of fun stuff but it had a dark side (pun intended).

It was hard. I mean really hard. Back in those days, we didn’t have G13 or relics so most of the time, your G12+ toons would get their butt kicked. People complained but the rewards where awesome and with time we all got better at it. (Special shout out to MΔW & Team Instinct for being the first & second guilds to reach 33 stars and beat DS Geo TB!)

DS Geo TB was however, hiding a secret, a terrible one. A non-Geonosian bug if you will. On that day, people who were working on the Bounty Hunter Quest 3/7, commonly known as the IG-88 Quest came across something odd.

The quest’s description clear states “Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles” yet something was wrong. Beating a Geonosian territory battle didn’t increase the tally! A bug was born on that day.

People reported it on the forums, on reddit and of course on the EA Answers HQ with the same answer. “Bug has been already reported. Thanks!”

Noticing the unfairness of the situation, I took it upon myself to suggested a simple fix. For the for the past year, my suggestion was posted in the forums, on reddit, during the dev’s Q&As…. How expensive can adding a simple word to the quest’s description be?

“Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in -Hoth- Territory Battles” *POOF* the bug would be gone but alas….silence.

Now, one year later, that same bug still exists. Happy One Year Anniversary IG-88 Quest bug! I hope I see you again next year!

Replies

• What a tale, good sir. This brought a tear to my eye.
  • Gamorrean
    2745 posts Member
    Just casually throwing some shades towards caw patrol XD well played sir

@Its_not_a_moon you mean Pew pew patrol :D
  • I “fixed” it. I left my guild for 1 week and went in a low guild doing hoth TB.
    Problem solved
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I “fixed” it. I left my guild for 1 week and went in a low guild doing hoth TB.
    Problem solved

That's how I fixed it too but we are all here to celebrate the one year anniversary! Hooray!
  • I “fixed” it. I left my guild for 1 week and went in a low guild doing hoth TB.
    Problem solved

How is it a bug then?

If they added the word “Hoth” it would still do the same thing it does now.
  • LendersQuiz
    1161 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    RoBane1738 wrote: »
    How is it a bug then?
    If they added the word “Hoth” it would still do the same thing it does now.

If you won a non-hoth territory battle, the battle would not count. The quest's description reads “Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in Territory Battles”. Last I checked, Geonosis is a Territory Battle as well.

You attempt to do the quest as per it's instructions as described and it does not work = bug.

At least if CG added the single word "Hoth", the quest would then work as described.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Teebo stealth bug has now entered the chat.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • mickyluv
    140 posts Member
    I wanted to respond to this thread but my buttons disap
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

Noticing the unfairness of the situation, I took it upon myself to suggested a simple fix. For the for the past year, my suggestion was posted in the forums, on reddit, during the dev’s Q&As…. How expensive can adding a simple word to the quest’s description be?

“Win 12 Battles with IG-88 in -Hoth- Territory Battles” *POOF* the bug would be gone but alas….silence.

Now, one year later, that same bug still exists. Happy One Year Anniversary IG-88 Quest bug! I hope I see you again next year!

How expensive???

To expensive
  • Whatelse73
    2146 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

How expensive???

To expensive

But if it was beneficial to players, they'd have fixed it in about ten minutes, implemented in a week, and it wouldn't be "too expensive" to fix.

Stealthed player characters in Rebel Round Up that can be targeted by the AI stopped in to say, hello there!
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    How expensive??? To expensive

If I bought a $ 10 pack, would that be enough to cover the cost of sending in Gary the intern to go to the excel file, press F2 and type in the word "Hoth"? Would the $ 20 pack do it? The $100 Hyperdrive pack?

• Gary the intern will probably spill coffee on his keyboard while typing hoth. This in turn will cause his keyboard to send a non-printable character as well. Of course since their tooling is bad, they only use notepad to do code reviews, so no one will catch this non-printable character. It will then get merged and pushed live which will expose another critical bug which creates a buffer overflow in some client/server communications when sending this new string to the clients. This will get noticed by the cheaters who will then exploit this to get an infinite supply of gear and thus able to actually get full r7 toons of anything they want thus masking the communities ability to even recognize the cheaters.

Meanwhile, Gary the intern will graduate and get hired as Gary the senior developer for finally squashing that year old bug! Congratulations Gary!
  • Lonwa
    10 posts Member
    Love the post!!
  • TAZZZOOO
    245 posts Member
    Imagine a multimillion dollar company actually fixing bugs 😂.

We dont get content, QOL changes, bug fixes or even a basic amount of communication.
    It seems the devs intentionally s*** all over one of the largest IPs ever because it's on on of the most profitable platforms ever.
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    edited July 2020
    Ok I'm frustrated. I left my Guild to accomplish this in HOTH TB and is not counting?? What am I missing here?
  • Welcome to bug-free world
  • RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Ok I'm frustrated. I left my Guild to accomplish this in HOTH TB and is not counting?? What am I missing here?

This worked for me. Did you beat the last wave?
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Welcome to bug-free world

Yes, unfortunately, IG-88 quest does not work in Geo TB. It had been so long since I actually tried to finish this Quest due to this.

Wondering if any of you fellow BH quest enthusiasts can help make sure I don't waste this week away from my main guild.

1) Do the BH Special missions count towards the quest?
    2) Can you think of any reason today's P1 mission did not count?

Again, I only need 4 more battles and was hoping to complete this time around so any advice from your experiences would be greatly appreciated.
  • vincentlondon
    4527 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Try again on P2 and make video showing run. It will be easier to help. Before run show the quest status, and then show it again after the run with IG88 so we can compare
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    Try again on P2 and make video showing run. It will be easier to help. Before run show the quest status, and then show it again after the run with IG88 so we can compare

I will Definitely film (auto will only take a min anyways for the run). I am wondering if it had something to do with me attacking within the first minute of TB being open. A glitch of the game not recognizing the battle. We will see!
  • RJ__Brando
    1500 posts Moderator
    RJ__Brando wrote: »

This worked for me. Did you beat the last wave?

Yes, my BH are all R3 and above. Hoth TB is an auto event for them
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Your topic has been moved to the Bugs and Issues Archive. For better assistance and functionality, please report your bug over at Answers HQ.

You’ll be able to find direct links to all the existing SWGOH forum boards on Answers HQ so you can easily navigate between both forums.

Please visit the Answers HQ forums by clicking the link below!
    <<Answers HQ>>
This discussion has been closed.