Road to disappointment

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Man people get worked up over this stuff.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Thats what passion for a game or community or IP looks like.

In other news, water is still wet
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    ShaggyB wrote: »

Thats what passion for a game or community or IP looks like.

In other news, water is still wet

Shrug.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gifafi wrote: »
    They said in the road ahead that this is one of the many new features and after they see how this goes they'll add more

Some people can’t read or only want things their way! Can’t please some people

What do you mean "some people." Most of humanity is like that, well above 90%. How many people of all the people you encounter in a day openly acknowledge that they were wrong about something. The calibur of people in general is pathetic. When I was a teenager in calculus class I realized "wow, the guys that wrote this were really smart and I'm pretty stupid." Then I realized, "wow, most other people are really really stupid."

<---- says that as he enjoys #2 of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale

what a terrible drink choice, I don't like ipa-type beer!

I have to be in the mood for IPA. My personal fav is Golden Pheasant from Czech Republic. It's like Corona but thicker and less skunky.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

TVF, do you play MSF? Just wondering.
  • braccer
    30 posts Member
    VaderB1 wrote: »
    Not enough, not even a Road Ahead, just an announcement of a new game mode that will eventually be coming.

No QOL,
    No mention of new characters
    No reference to cheating

Just a reference to a new mode...

This is a Road Ahead...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194356/road-ahead-1-31-2019#latest

This is not...

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/232219/the-road-ahead-6-26-2020

Not enough not by a long shot.

Take care everybody.
    Everyone needs to see and share this. I’m excited for the new game mode, but a 2 month delay for a road ahead blog with one thing on it? The difference since Carrie left has been very obvious.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    They said in the road ahead that this is one of the many new features and after they see how this goes they'll add more

Some people can’t read or only want things their way! Can’t please some people

What do you mean "some people." Most of humanity is like that, well above 90%. How many people of all the people you encounter in a day openly acknowledge that they were wrong about something. The calibur of people in general is pathetic. When I was a teenager in calculus class I realized "wow, the guys that wrote this were really smart and I'm pretty stupid." Then I realized, "wow, most other people are really really stupid."

<---- says that as he enjoys #2 of Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale

what a terrible drink choice, I don't like ipa-type beer!

I have to be in the mood for IPA. My personal fav is Golden Pheasant from Czech Republic. It's like Corona but thicker and less skunky.

That's actually Slovak, and trust me, Czech Republic has much better beers to offer.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    Carrie was in a completely different league, they should never have let her go.
  • Ariki
    7 posts Member
    You people don’t get it - the road ahead is a dead end. CG is a spent force. They are just milking as much as they can get from the game before SWGOH runs off the road and destroys itself. CG has never never been open and honest with players and they certainly have no respect for feed back. I ain’t holding my breath - they prefer cheaters to continue in the game rather than being open and transparent with the community. They don’t care that peop,e spend money to get a toon and then change the toons characteristics.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    [/complainingabouttheroadaheadnotbeinghereyet]

[complainingabouttheroadaheadforbeingherenow]
    Still not a he.
  • MasterOneHit
    170 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Ariki wrote: »
    You people don’t get it - the road ahead is a dead end. CG is a spent force. They are just milking as much as they can get from the game before SWGOH runs off the road and destroys itself. CG has never never been open and honest with players and they certainly have no respect for feed back. I ain’t holding my breath - they prefer cheaters to continue in the game rather than being open and transparent with the community. They don’t care that peop,e spend money to get a toon and then change the toons characteristics.

Agree. The sad fact is it's the developers running this game into the ground when if they cared just a little could continue to make profits for years to come. But they don't so why should we.
  • JarJarRequissa
    195 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    so where is the code rework they have supposedly been working on for some time? was that just another lie like most of cgs latest communications. this game mode doesnt sound like it takes a lot of programming and is very disappointing to see that ea/cg still doesnt care about the players and continues to make statements that are either flat out lies or very disingenuous. and to the people claiming that covid has slowed there progress so things like the road ahead cant have proper communication that is some hogwash. ea/cg devs dont seem to actually code mroe than 1-2hrs a week. the rest of the time they must be in meetings talking about meetings.
  • I'm very confused with the road ahead situation, Meaning I thought we was getting new game modes at the end of this month not just some text saying what it is briefly.
    The most confusing part for me is it was delayed a month? so some text was delayed a month not actual content.
    What was actually delayed.

Thank you
  • The road ahead was actually ok and I like the idea of this new game mode, Galactic Challenges. The problem that some people are complaining about is why was the road ahead delayed for so long if they were just gonna tell us that they were creating a new game mode.
  • nurm
    107 posts Member
    There are always some which are upset no matter what CG does. They gave a look ahead for what many people where asking for a while. Now they bring the content and again any people are upset. Let's give the new feature a try.
  • nurm wrote: »
    There are always some which are upset no matter what CG does. They gave a look ahead for what many people where asking for a while. Now they bring the content and again any people are upset. Let's give the new feature a try.

Probably in about 6 months.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    I'm very confused with the road ahead situation, Meaning I thought we was getting new game modes at the end of this month not just some text saying what it is briefly.
    The most confusing part for me is it was delayed a month? so some text was delayed a month not actual content.

Thank you
    From the sound of things?

This is a procedurally generated game mode, which is not how they've done things in the past and requires new tools that led to complications and they didn't want to announce the mode until they knew both that those difficulties could be overcome and what that would look like.
    Still not a he.
  • Details are severely lacking in the Road Ahead but at this point any communication is an improvement. I just hope this doesn't take 6 months for more communication. This new feature needs to come soon.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Details are severely lacking in the Road Ahead but at this point any communication is an improvement. I just hope this doesn't take 6 months for more communication. This new feature needs to come soon.

details are always lacking in RA, we should be used to it. I expected more than the announcement of new content, but, tbf, new content is what everyone has been asking for, so...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    I'm very confused with the road ahead situation, Meaning I thought we was getting new game modes at the end of this month not just some text saying what it is briefly.

Thank you
    From the sound of things?

This is a procedurally generated game mode, which is not how they've done things in the past and requires new tools that led to complications and they didn't want to announce the mode until they knew both that those difficulties could be overcome and what that would look like.

So the announcement was delayed because they were behind using new tools which has delayed the actual content, but why delay an announcement a month for something that they have been working on anyway.
    And I'm still confused!
    So there's no content coming this month just a delayed announcement about content coming.
    Regardless of how it differes from previous modes of content creation I still dont understand what a month delay has been for.
    We are delaying the road ahead a month etc
    To me that means tweaking game modes making sure it works then role it out Not we are delaying the road ahead a month and all you get is text saying what it is.
    To make it clear to **** like myself all they had to do is say originally; heres a run down of the new content and it's ready by "such a date". Or am I being stupid here.

Thank you
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I think they should have talked about unity and what a challenge its been and how beneficial it would be and then list this as coming soon. But no.... they went radio silent for half a year only to give us a vague RA on a mode that isnt near done and nothing else.

Again april, you list jedi luke coming, vader rework being looked into and you mention unity and what it means to us all... you close with this brief look at something on the horizon, ie the mode.
  • Looooki
    1045 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Let's talk abt orbs opening.

There is gold orbs
    There is blitz orbs
    There is material orbs
    And there is premium orbs

Ops, was talking abt MSF and not SWGOH.

Anyway... MSF has updated their arena store frequently, so that some of the end game content is actually in there. When was the last update to SWGOH stores?? NEVER??

MSF still a better choice on the amount of CONTENT then SWGOH.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Looooki wrote: »
    Let's talk abt orbs opening.

There is gold orbs
    There is blitz orbs
    There is material orbs
    And there is premium orbs

Ops, was talking abt MSF and not SWGOH.

Anyway... MSF has updated their arena store frequently, so that some of the end game content is actually in there. When was the last update to SWGOH stores?? NEVER??

MSF still a better choice on the amount of CONTENT then SWGOH.

Well...its because they said they were not going to do it...so.......they only hold to their word when it suits them.

They said they were gonna:
    Have monthly Q and A's....nope
    Have a cool dev tracker where you can see status updates....nope
    Have monthly SoTG.....nope
    Not require all relics for the GL's.....nope
    Were working on a new raid.....nope
    Simming the HAAT....nope
    Practice button in arena....nope
    Looking into the unending loyalty bug....nope

etc etc....

Basically, their word means nothing unless it benefits them. Change my mind.
  • Godrah
    28 posts Member
    Waited so long for one New mode potentially. Nothing else and also did not address anything at all. Ignoring everyone mad about CG not caring about that the cheaters. It was a big disappointment. They are very tone deaf or just don’t care about their customers and I’m pretty confident they just don’t care.
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Godrah wrote: »
    Waited so long for one New mode potentially. Nothing else and also did not address anything at all. Ignoring everyone mad about CG not caring about that the cheaters. It was a big disappointment. They are very tone deaf or just don’t care about their customers and I’m pretty confident they just don’t care.

They care more about making money sometimes then how the players feel about playing the game. They should have touched on a little more in the Road Ahead than just the Galactic Challenges especially with all that was happening to their game (Ahnaldt getting banned but cheaters getting let off the hook).

They should have at least included something telling use about some of the characters that they are thinking about adding to the game or reworking.