Please don't lock new stuff behind daily activities.

Replies

• TVF
    36526 posts Member
    sorry guys i am with cg on this one because it helps get rid of the shard chats power and it will let more people climb and the whole stupid complaint of i cant take 1st any more is just lame

It will do none of that.

Are you actually in a chat though? I'm guessing you aren't.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Snowbird13 wrote: »
    Or remove arena fights from dailies after level 85.

I think arena would suffer greatly if they did that. It would make arena significantly more competitive to the extent that it would seem insurmountable to many players. Casual players doing their 2-a-days like myself have 10%interest in arena competitiveness enough to stay top 200, 100 is nice on occassion. By pulling out all casual players my top 300 could be losing a lot of fluff ladder steps for players like me. Then again, I'm going full Padme in 2 months with the goal of Padme GAS and by then it'll all be moot anyway. Eternal meta-chasing for this F2Per.

Every time I think I've heard it all.
  • Pulsipher wrote: »
    Unless arena payouts mean a lot less. Shifting crystals to challenges and flattening arena rewards would remove a lot of headache for CG and be a boon for players on the outside of shard chats. This could go a long way to nipping the f2p hoarders as well (I will be one of the nipped!)

Not gonna happen. Having Arena pay out crystals means that players are forced to chase the new, shiny meta, which CG can curate with buffs/nerfs/reworks. Having a meaningless arena would mean less drive to stay 'at the tip of the spear' and decrease revenue, in addition to hurting those who rely on those arena POs to continue playing as F2P or minnows.

*This is also why I don't think GAC rewards will ever be swapped with arena rewards - this would incentivize newer players to keep lean, efficient rosters to lurk in div 2 and win every match, rather than invest in every new meta to compete in Arena.*

Please have some perspective and try to see this from CG's perspective. They are a for profit company, so most of their actions are attempting to do, in order:
    1) make money
    2) be seen as (and/or actually) good PR and QOL for the community to keep people playing.

Remove your desires from the equation. They don't care what one individual player wants. They need to keep the lights on and please the masses.

These weren’t my desires, but my suspicions. CG has no desire to continue to support the f2p who survive on arena income. These challenges would require you to basically have every team geared up in order to satisfy every possible requirement and keep your crystal income steady.
    There are many within the game who who would love to see the current arena system dismantled - again, not me - but if I try to see it from CGs perspective and that of other players- it makes a lot of sense.
  • ShawDou
    297 posts Member
    sorry guys i am with cg on this one because it helps get rid of the shard chats power and it will let more people climb and the whole stupid complaint of i cant take 1st any more is just lame

So you are ok, that they basically make ppl choose if they want to better reward from one game mode or better reward from other game mode? How about guild activities reset, specially challenges on Thursday, they are made so you wait with your challenges until guild time reset, that is also ok to you, that you have to choose mode guild tokens VS more time playing new game mode?
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    How is the challenges even related with arena besides needing daily completion? It will cause zero changes for arenas.
  • Do the dailies! You're supposed to anyway! Bonus round! Stop crying about ish that's not even in your wheelhouses..... apparently
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    MaruMaru wrote: »
    How is the challenges even related with arena besides needing daily completion? It will cause zero changes for arenas.

Read the thread.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Read the thread.

I had already read it. Still non sensical. Doing 2 extra matches out of turn won't impact arena; your income, maybe. But not how arena is structured, there will be no chaos or change to domination of shard chats. I agree that cg should lift this necessity.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    ShawDou wrote: »

So you are ok, that they basically make ppl choose if they want to better reward from one game mode or better reward from other game mode? How about guild activities reset, specially challenges on Thursday, they are made so you wait with your challenges until guild time reset, that is also ok to you, that you have to choose mode guild tokens VS more time playing new game mode?

Actually, yeah. Games are about choices. Give me more choices.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Read the thread.

I had already read it. Still non sensical. Doing 2 extra matches out of turn won't impact arena; your income, maybe. But not how arena is structured, there will be no chaos or change to domination of shard chats. I agree that cg should lift this necessity.

Are you in a shard chat? That's a silly argument.

As I said previously, in an active shard where you are fighting for 1, using two battles 10 hours before payout wastes them completely, and will likely cost you crystals. There's no reason the new game mode should cost the best arena players crystals.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    ShawDou wrote: »

Actually, yeah. Games are about choices. Give me more choices.

Clearly you don't care enough about arena for the choice to affect you.
  • How about if the new game mode is not exactly locked behind the daily challenges, but if we have to promise to complete our dallies in order to unlock the content each day. Here's how it would work: suppose next Tuesday I want to play this mode but I haven't finished the challenges yet, I would be able to gain entry by promising that I intend to finish my dallies later on in the day. The enforcement mechanism would be something along the lines of the honor system. Seems like a win-win for everybody.
  • TVF wrote: »

Read the thread.

As I said previously, in an active shard where you are fighting for 1, using two battles 10 hours before payout wastes them completely, and will likely cost you crystals. There's no reason the new game mode should cost the best arena players crystals.

How is choosing between getting the full enjoyment of the new game mode and the most out of arena and choosing between competitive gac matches and building a roster for other game modes different? Other than it adversely effects you.
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    I don’t mind it being locked behind some daily activities unless it’s for both arenas.

I hope they introduce new daily quests (with actual rewards to go with it) that are as easy to complete as everything else
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    I agree that they shouldn't lock it behind dailies. But everyone should eventually complete their dailies by the end of the day, hence the term, dailies.
  • MaruMaru
    3338 posts Member

Read the thread.

Yes, I'm in a shard chat. You seem to be mistaking what I'm saying. Most of the previous arguments sidelined to arena is bad/shift arena crystals where the new mode hints at no such thing. I already agreed this requirement should be lifted.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »

Read the thread.

How is choosing between getting the full enjoyment of the new game mode and the most out of arena and choosing between competitive gac matches and building a roster for other game modes different? Other than it adversely effects you.

Because building a roster for different game modes is a skill in a resource management game. Choosing between arena income or new game mode is an arbitrary punishment of the best players.
  • I really don't understand the difference.

Let's say I want to relic the Rogue One crew because it's my favorite Star Wars movie. But let's say I also enjoy GAC and want to remain competitive there. Under the current GAC system, I will suffer as a result of the useless Top 80 bloat. So I would have to choose between two facets of the game.

Similarly, let's say my enjoyment of this game is predicated on squad arena income, which enables me to grow my roster quickly. But I also want to use my rapidly grown roster on the new content. If the new GWC were locked behind dailies in a way that cost me a 50-crystal refresh every day, I will suffer as a result. So I would have to choose between two facets of the game.

What's especially frustrating to me is that both have absurdly easy solutions, but I don't believe CG will ever give GAC competitive balance because that's old news and they don't care.
  • Yeah, not a fan of locking the new content behind the daily arena battle requirement. I already spend too much after-dinner time on arena battles, and now Galactic Challenges will have to wait until I finish arena? Too far, CG.
    No, moving my arena time is not an option.
  • TVF wrote: »

Read the thread.

Because building a roster for different game modes is a skill in a resource management game. Choosing between arena income or new game mode is an arbitrary punishment of the best players.

Best is some what subjective, I'd suggest the best players are the theory crafters who may or may not finish top of arena shard every day. That said I agree with you that it's not a choice that should have to be made. If it's good enough most people probably won't mind an extra refresh in arena. I expect what will be a more difficult choice is whether to have a focused roster for gac or a "bloated" roster for the new game mode.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member

Read the thread.

Best is some what subjective, I'd suggest the best players are the theory crafters who may or may not finish top of arena shard every day. That said I agree with you that it's not a choice that should have to be made. If it's good enough most people probably won't mind an extra refresh in arena. I expect what will be a more difficult choice is whether to have a focused roster for gac or a "bloated" roster for the new game mode.

I used a more nuanced term than "best" previously, that was just shorthand.
  • I really don't understand the difference.

Let's say I want to relic the Rogue One crew because it's my favorite Star Wars movie. But let's say I also enjoy GAC and want to remain competitive there. Under the current GAC system, I will suffer as a result of the useless Top 80 bloat. So I would have to choose between two facets of the game.

Similarly, let's say my enjoyment of this game is predicated on squad arena income, which enables me to grow my roster quickly. But I also want to use my rapidly grown roster on the new content. If the new GWC were locked behind dailies in a way that cost me a 50-crystal refresh every day, I will suffer as a result. So I would have to choose between two facets of the game.

What's especially frustrating to me is that both have absurdly easy solutions, but I don't believe CG will ever give GAC competitive balance because that's old news and they don't care.

But that is the fundamental idea behind the game. Option A or B, to make things simple. So in this case, do you change things up and play the new content at the sacrifice of arenas, or do you go for arena rewards at the expense of the new content. It isn't much different than choosing what character/team to put resources into because there will be some disadvantages down the road either way.
  • I do enjoy the hypocrisy of people saying that people CHOOSE to develop their roster one way, so it’s their own fault they can’t achieve things and miss out on rewards in one thread, then complaining that they personally will have to CHOOSE whether they have to refresh in order to access the new game mode earlier in the day in another thread.

Its either a complete lack of self awareness or hopefully just straight up selfishness. I actually agree it shouldn’t be locked behind arena, but if it is then guess what. It’s your CHOiCE to make.
    797-722-718
  • Kard_1986 wrote: »
    I do enjoy the hypocrisy of people saying that people CHOOSE to develop their roster one way, so it’s their own fault they can’t achieve things and miss out on rewards in one thread, then complaining that they personally will have to CHOOSE whether they have to refresh in order to access the new game mode earlier in the day in another thread.

Its either a complete lack of self awareness or hopefully just straight up selfishness. I actually agree it shouldn’t be locked behind arena, but if it is then guess what. It’s your CHOiCE to make.

I’m enjoying the false equivalence of comparing the choices of roster development to participation in game activities . Realizing the difference is not hypocrisy, but an understanding that CG’s goal “to provide more activities for players each day” would be hampered by forcing players to choose between being competitive in the arena and participating in the GC.
    Not all choices are created equally.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own.
  • I’m inclined to disagree.

Locking it behind dailies, if they do, would only mean less time if you choose to wait. That’s up to you. No one is stopping you from accessing it straight away. If you choose to hinder yourself in this way then it’s no different to someone choosing to hinder themselves by gearing jawas for example.

I agree it shouldn’t be behind arenas. But to try and claim the choice to hinder yourself here is different than the choice in another part of the game is simply incorrect. It’s hypocrisy, because this time you’re the one affected by having to choose.

And there’s nothing wrong with being selfish about it either, just admit it haha.

That’s why I don’t want it behind arenas, I’d like longer to play it without having to refresh arena to climb.
    797-722-718
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    How about if the new game mode is not exactly locked behind the daily challenges, but if we have to promise to complete our dallies in order to unlock the content each day. Here's how it would work: suppose next Tuesday I want to play this mode but I haven't finished the challenges yet, I would be able to gain entry by promising that I intend to finish my dallies later on in the day. The enforcement mechanism would be something along the lines of the honor system. Seems like a win-win for everybody.

ktprsdkmqmea.jpg
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • LOL, I thought of Wimpy too when I saw that comment.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Some illumination required. I get the argument about timing arena battles and agree that players should not forfeit crystals to play the new content. What I am having trouble understanding is why people would have no time for new content once they complete their dailies? Am I missing a piece of the puzzle here. My arena payout is at 5pm PST, whereas my daily reset occurs at 11pm. So that would give me like 6 hours to play the new content. is there some additional timing point i am missing in this thread that people tie the completion of their dailies to, are we also including guild activities in here?

So far the earned token for the next day sounds like a very reasonable proposition.
  • Kard_1986 wrote: »
    I do enjoy the hypocrisy of people saying that people CHOOSE to develop their roster one way, so it’s their own fault they can’t achieve things and miss out on rewards in one thread, then complaining that they personally will have to CHOOSE whether they have to refresh in order to access the new game mode earlier in the day in another thread.

I’m enjoying the false equivalence of comparing the choices of roster development to participation in game activities . Realizing the difference is not hypocrisy, but an understanding that CG’s goal “to provide more activities for players each day” would be hampered by forcing players to choose between being competitive in the arena and participating in the GC.
    Not all choices are created equally.
    100% this.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    rickertron wrote: »
    Some illumination required. I get the argument about timing arena battles and agree that players should not forfeit crystals to play the new content. What I am having trouble understanding is why people would have no time for new content once they complete their dailies? Am I missing a piece of the puzzle here. My arena payout is at 5pm PST, whereas my daily reset occurs at 11pm. So that would give me like 6 hours to play the new content. is there some additional timing point i am missing in this thread that people tie the completion of their dailies to, are we also including guild activities in here?

Not everyone has arena payout at 5pm their time. Some people chose to move their arenas to later in the day so that it's the last thing they do before going to bed. Those people are concerned. Some people also don't play the game much after arenas because they are spending that time with their families, or for whatever other reason. Those people are also concerned.

Guild activities play into it to the extent that you have an incentive not to do a daily activity until after reset (generally challenge day). Some people have guild reset at a time that is late for them, and there's nothing you can do about that except changing guilds.