Vader Tambor Vs Rey Barris endless loop

Yorha2b
13 posts Member
I got some Bug to report here. I tried the bug report form first but there was only a preview button, no way to send in the form ( 1st bug report)

Now the second and main bug I want to report:

An arena match ended in an endless loop - All toons are more or less maxed and Zeta*ed

Arena Team Setup: Vader Lead, Tambor, Traya, Palpatine, Thrawn Vs GL Rey, General Kenobi, Jedi Knight Revan, GAS, Barriss Offee
Giving Weapon Teach to Vader, and landing some damage over time effects and enemy Rey going into ultimate stance gives an endless circle of giving the enemy Barriss Offee extra turns from removing damage over time effects which come back and Darth Vader getting extra tm from Weapon Tech. Rey never gets turn meter again and never leaves her ultimate stance.

Replies

• Ltswb1
    550 posts Member
    Pretty sure they won’t fix that. And you’re going to be flooded with posts of people telling you not to use that team against Rey
  • Lol sounds like an ideal Vader defensive counter
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Brotherius wrote: »
    Lol sounds like an ideal Vader defensive counter

This. It's called a "timeout team" on defense. It's not a bug. Just use a different counter - like SLKR. ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • The loop isn't exactly a "bug". Everything is working as intended so you can't really call it a bug. It's just a possibly unintended interaction, since we know CG doesn't like infinite loops.
  • Jarvind
    3925 posts Member
    edited June 2020

I mean, not really, since it would only work if your opponent specifically used Rey with Barris, and also triggered their ultimate, and ALSO didn't just use their first lolwind to delete Vader.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    You just need to land 70,000 DOTs on Barriss so she takes 1 damage for each one and then dies.
  • NataPda
    38 posts Member
    Well let's set our Rey like this.
  • I think if you isolate Barriss it would stop that interaction.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited June 2020
    Jarvind wrote: »

I mean, not really, since it would only work if your opponent specifically used Rey with Barris, and also triggered their ultimate, and ALSO didn't just use their first lolwind to delete Vader.

And also only works if you use Darth Vader lead

I would say its less of a bug and more of a very specific counter to using Vader lead to beat Rey as Nik mentioned
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    The loop isn't exactly a "bug". Everything is working as intended so you can't really call it a bug. It's just a possibly unintended interaction, since we know CG doesn't like infinite loops.

But it's a loop created by the attacking player and its not to his /her advantage. The type of loop CG doesn't like is the kind that let's people solo raids long before the strength of their roster "should" be able to (i.e. one that works to the attacking player's advantage).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*