Additional details on galactic challenges in future posts

so @kyno when are we going to get additional (didn't really give us any in the ra) details? What's the time line for another post?

Replies

• Jim644
    43 posts Member
    'soon'....
  • Azza
    245 posts Member
    Listen to the galactic report. Crumb did an interview.

One thing is clear : This is not close to hitting the holo-table. So expect more information to trickle in july and august and something probably around september in term of game play.

Nothing to bring back Mobile Gamer and Urzatron! lol
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Pretty sure future didn’t mean next business day.
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member
    From the sounds of the interview it's going to be awhile. Not for nothing but in the interview when asked specific questions it seemed like it was still almost conceptual. Not that that is true or not, just the vibe i got from his answers.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    giphy.gif
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Perhaps the real reason the RA was delayed was to give this a chance to get out within 3 months.
  • Liath wrote: »
    Pretty sure future didn’t mean next business day.

Which is why I said when can we expect a post not where is the post.
  • Monel
    2776 posts Member
    Never, its been postponed for a new raid!
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Joebo720 wrote: »
    From the sounds of the interview it's going to be awhile. Not for nothing but in the interview when asked specific questions it seemed like it was still almost conceptual. Not that that is true or not, just the vibe i got from his answers.

The way I read it, it's more than that. More like technically working (or close to that) but lacking some details and almost all visuals.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Jim644 wrote: »
    'soon'....

This, but more soon 'ish'
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

It depends what you are talking about, as they said in the post, the initial roll out is not the "final thing" and is absolutely past the concept phase.

The final evolution or even the next iteration may be somewhat conceptual at this point, but that is because they want to gain perspective and feedback and not lock things in "too quickly"
  • Kyno wrote: »

It depends what you are talking about, as they said in the post, the initial roll out is not the "final thing" and is absolutely past the concept phase.

The final evolution or even the next iteration may be somewhat conceptual at this point, but that is because they want to gain perspective and feedback and not lock things in "too quickly"

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, lets get ready to Alpha Test LOL
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

Not quite, this wont brick your phone.... alpha's can be funny like that.

I'm pretty sure many liked GA when it first came out too.
  • Wormio
    60 posts Member
    Thank you for the information @Kyno. We appreciate the communications..
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited June 2020

Not quite, this wont brick your phone.... alpha's can be funny like that.

I'm pretty sure many liked GA when it first came out too.

We hope any programmer will tell you, the fastest way to find a bug is upload and go live lol
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    Canary release it.
  • Are you kidding? They are still building it. It is going to be months.
    It depends what you are talking about,

Was referring to the Galactic War Report interview. Was awkward.

Jim644 wrote: »
    'soon'....

This, but more soon 'ish'

You forgot the trademark.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It depends what you are talking about,

Was referring to the Galactic War Report interview. Was awkward.

No I mean what level you are talking about. They know the first release is not the final thing, and talking about the full concept is always going to be awkward because they dont want to commit to things or push people away by committing to things. They know they want to get feedback and see how it plays out before working on the final design.

I have not had a chance to listen to it yet, I might get a chance today.
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member

No I mean what level you are talking about. They know the first release is not the final thing, and talking about the full concept is always going to be awkward because they dont want to commit to things or push people away by committing to things. They know they want to get feedback and see how it plays out before working on the final design.

Just would have figured with RA delays and general lack of communication that they would have had a better scripted out plan to keep customers interested. I know that if i went before my customers and gave them a very nondescript account of my plans after a long delay, it would raise the likelihood of them no longer being my customer.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Just would have figured with RA delays and general lack of communication that they would have had a better scripted out plan to keep customers interested. I know that if i went before my customers and gave them a very nondescript account of my plans after a long delay, it would raise the likelihood of them no longer being my customer.

The delays were related to internal things on their side, the RA didnt change in that time. It cant or it has to go through approvals again.

I work with long term projects all the time, we just had a customer order a second machine after there were long delays with little to no changes and vague plans that we figured out on the fly.

Some times things like this are unavoidable and unrelated to the details you are sharing. It doesnt always mean you can or should change what you are going to say.

The delays were related to internal things on their side, the RA didnt change in that time. It cant or it has to go through approvals again.

I work with long term projects all the time, we just had a customer order a second machine after there were long delays with little to no changes and vague plans that we figured out on the fly.

Some times things like this are unavoidable and unrelated to the details you are sharing. It doesnt always mean you can or should change what you are going to say.

I understand the communication/ changes to machines, since I am a die maker and have similar issues at work. But I don't think that the same applies in this case. There isn't a tangible product, nor does the customer have the luxury of other projects that need their attention too. This sort of work has the time frame and scope already thought out when the PO is sent. This is a game, and there have been several huge blunders recently, that definitely should be addressed, like the negotiations with cheaters. Internal issues or not, when a problem happens, the customer should be notified. To bring it back to the machine world, if you screw up a machine, you need to notify the customer that there is an issue that may result in a delayed delivery. I am dealing with something similar and to save reputation, we are making things right and the powers that be have made the phone calls and smoothed things out.
  • Joebo720
    646 posts Member

If they didn't change in that time frame then why the delay? If all they had was what they posted in the RA, what was the point in delaying that blurb for one month?

Not sure what type of business you are in but assuming you make something very specific, which it is understandable when you have delays in that line of business. I do some work in the semi conductor industry and see that all the time. Difference is there is 1 maybe 2 companies in the world making these items. Mobile games are a dime a dozen.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

I understand the communication/ changes to machines, since I am a die maker and have similar issues at work. But I don't think that the same applies in this case. There isn't a tangible product, nor does the customer have the luxury of other projects that need their attention too. This sort of work has the time frame and scope already thought out when the PO is sent. This is a game, and there have been several huge blunders recently, that definitely should be addressed, like the negotiations with cheaters. Internal issues or not, when a problem happens, the customer should be notified. To bring it back to the machine world, if you screw up a machine, you need to notify the customer that there is an issue that may result in a delayed delivery. I am dealing with something similar and to save reputation, we are making things right and the powers that be have made the phone calls and smoothed things out.

I agree it's not apples to apples. But digital products/software is a "tangible products" (not literally) and there is many layers of design that goes into this and background work that will never be seen or understood by the people who use the product.

Yes they should address things, and they likely will, but as you said this is different, they live in a world of image and they probably dont want to seem to be beholden to any one loud squeaky wheel. So while they will react, they are not going to do it to singular person. Also, any statements or policy changes they make regarding those things will always take time to work out all the details, and they will not jump the gun just to put out a vague statement.

Yes back to the machine world, I design and build industrial equipment, and the software end of things is a crazy world to be in, especially when doing massive changes to the way it's written, what you tell the customer doesnt change if the delay is longer than what's originally thought or expected when things happen.
  • Chucko_marek
    3817 posts Member
    edited June 2020

I agree it's not apples to apples. But digital products/software is a "tangible products" (not literally) and there is many layers of design that goes into this and background work that will never be seen or understood by the people who use the product.

Yes they should address things, and they likely will, but as you said this is different, they live in a world of image and they probably dont want to seem to be beholden to any one loud squeaky wheel. So while they will react, they are not going to do it to singular person. Also, any statements or policy changes they make regarding those things will always take time to work out all the details, and they will not jump the gun just to put out a vague statement.

Yes back to the machine world, I design and build industrial equipment, and the software end of things is a crazy world to be in, especially when doing massive changes to the way it's written, what you tell the customer doesnt change if the delay is longer than what's originally thought or expected when things happen.

My personal thoughts on the cheating aspect of the ahnald/CG issue is that they should at least acknowledge the complaint, say they're looking into it. I think it would ease the tension with most. Not saying Ahnald needs special treatment, because the stuff I have watched from the youtube crowd has included things that could be considered inflammatory at best. I get that they're dammed if they comment, dammed if they don't. But sometimes a few well worded statements could prevent the fire from spreading. It does help customer relations when the company follows through and keeps their deadlines for communication. The road ahead being a month late with nothing saying, sorry, we are working on it, is not cool. IMHO, of course.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member

My personal thoughts on the cheating aspect of the ahnald/CG issue is that they should at least acknowledge the complaint, say they're looking into it. I think it would ease the tension with most. Not saying Ahnald needs special treatment, because the stuff I have watched from the youtube crowd has included things that could be considered inflammatory at best. I get that they're dammed if they comment, dammed if they don't. But sometimes a few well worded statements could prevent the fire from spreading. It does help customer relations when the company follows through and keeps their deadlines for communication. The road ahead being a month late with nothing saying, sorry, we are working on it, is not cool. IMHO, of course.

But the problem with “we are looking into it” means nothing when CG has said things before and no followed through. CG just spits out empty words with no intentions of doing what they say, so I believe that’s why they say nothing. Can’t put your foot in your mouth if you don’t open it.
  • Iy4oy4s wrote: »

But the problem with “we are looking into it” means nothing when CG has said things before and no followed through. CG just spits out empty words with no intentions of doing what they say, so I believe that’s why they say nothing. Can’t put your foot in your mouth if you don’t open it.

I think they don't respond because it is the path of least resistance. Someone on the forums is going to be upset and grow a huge set of keyboard balls and type whatever they want. So instead of engaging the mob, they're going to just focus on creating content and let the cards fall where they may. I understand taking this point. I don't think we need a post for everything, just on a regular basis, maybe bi-weekly or monthly? Just to say that the devs are alive and well. Maybe what CG sees as a good follow through isn't what some in the community thinks is a good follow through.