Vader gonna get nerfed?

15678911Next

Replies

• Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I know there's more to the game than squad arena but I've just checked my top 50 - there isn't a single team with Vader in it. Not one. Nada. Zilch.
    szmgfwclqlgh.png

This one is at #4 on my shard, and I’ve been playing since about six weeks after launch.
    It’s the only one in the top 50, though.

UPDATE - this player was clearly just messing around when I took this screenshot, as they are back to running SLKR in arena. There is still one Vader team in my top 50, though - vs. 17 SLKR's and 11 GLRey's. the rest are Padme, GAS or DR squads.

We've had 2 different players crack the top 20 with Vader (our Nov 2015 shard has had almost all GLs in the top 25-30 for several weeks). People who have GLs don't need to run him - but people who don't have GLs are running him to move up on offense. Yes, he's easy to beat on defense - but he can be effective against GLs.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    I know there's more to the game than squad arena but I've just checked my top 50 - there isn't a single team with Vader in it. Not one. Nada. Zilch.
    szmgfwclqlgh.png

This one is at #4 on my shard, and I’ve been playing since about six weeks after launch.
    It’s the only one in the top 50, though.

UPDATE - this player was clearly just messing around when I took this screenshot, as they are back to running SLKR in arena. There is still one Vader team in my top 50, though - vs. 17 SLKR's and 11 GLRey's. the rest are Padme, GAS or DR squads.

We've had 2 different players crack the top 20 with Vader (our Nov 2015 shard has had almost all GLs in the top 25-30 for several weeks). People who have GLs don't need to run him - but people who don't have GLs are running him to move up on offense. Yes, he's easy to beat on defense - but he can be effective against GLs.

Yeah he's a very useful toon now. Rework got me to cave and finally get him and Thrawn to r5. Zero regrets so far
  • Quick update to my previous post. Fought a few more arena battles with a team of R5 Vader lead, R5 Thawn, G11 six star Malak, R7 BSF, G12 DR. Fun team to use beating similar level Padme, CLS and JKR teams also losing some to those teams. Held pretty well on D so far, although i am only at rank 102 in my shard made it to rank 80 with the team.

i am enjoying using this team at the moment.