JKL Missing From Journey Guide

nabokovfan
535 posts Member
edited October 2020
What exactly is the "standard" for additional legendaries, journey, GL type characters. I am relatively certain that any new legendary or above listed category should be added to the journey guide before launch (kit announcement) or when added to the game. At the latest you would expect it to be added to the game at the time the event is live.

JKL is missing, before him we had GLs, before that it was GAS. If the journey guide is there to actually help players, please use it. If you add a knowledge base you need to use it and this needs to be taken into consideration moving forward. I'm not sure why it just wasn't done this time around. The only logic is to stop hyperdrive owners from being able to buy packs, but beyond that no logical reason.

Thoughts?
Post edited by Kyno on

Replies

• Drageero
    151 posts Member
    This is the first "limited time" event since the Journey Guide was added. The GLs and GAS already had spots in the JG when it was released. It may be a while before it's added to view the requirements, or it may be added in the next update. The only thing that's certain is his event will be permanently playable in the JG in about a year.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    The JG is a great help even if not all the newest legendary etc. limited time events are added directly into the JG. I believe it was announced that all those types of events will be added about a year after their first occurance (as the become legacy events). Makes sense to me.
  • It’ll probably get patched in. I mean they need the only laptop they have to create the Vader rework.
  • Some people are mixing up "being added" to the journey guide and "always playable" in the journey guide.

Example, GAS is in the journey guide right now. His event, won't be "always playable" until ~October 2020.
    Example 2, Malak is also in the guide. His event became "always playable" in April 2020.

Jedi Luke should be in the journey guide right now but he isn't. Perhaps it was to difficult to add him immediately but he should be added asap. His event, on the other hand, won't be "always playable" until ~June 2021.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It will be added in a later update.
  • Waqui wrote: »
    The JG is a great help even if not all the newest legendary etc. limited time events are added directly into the JG. I believe it was announced that all those types of events will be added about a year after their first occurance (as the become legacy events). Makes sense to me.

You have raid characters, TB characters and gas in the guide right now. While those events are active you cannot simply play them. The kit details, synergy information, event requirements are listed in the JG to help new players. This is missing for Luke now.
  • Kyno wrote: »

The question is trying to understand why it wasn't done when the kit or when the event went live. Standard procedure should be to release it moving forward. The only reason I see to not have that is to disallow journey guide pack purchases for those who have hyperdrive access. Again, if that's the motivation then we as the player would respectfully like to know. Either it's a standard procedure to add it or it won't be added untill the 2nd or 3rd run to encourage spending on "the other packs".
  • Any update on this?
  • Lysandrax
    1127 posts Member
    You have your update.
    They get added 1 year after their first appearance.
    Thats cadance for the journey guide, you are pointing to this one as though it is an exception to something when it isnt.
    Having said that CG does whatever they want with cadence and don't follow it all that often of late so it doesn't HAVE to be added in a years time either.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »
    You have your update.
    Thats cadance for the journey guide, you are pointing to this one as though it is an exception to something when it isnt.
    Having said that CG does whatever they want with cadence and don't follow it all that often of late so it doesn't HAVE to be added in a years time either.

It's playable in the journey guide after 1 year, he's wondering when his photo is added to the journey guide, like GAS currently is for anyone that doesn't have him.
  • Lysandrax wrote: »

You are making the same mistake many people make.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2134798/#Comment_2134798
    Take a look at the comment I left a little earlier explaining the difference.
  • MooPoo
    24 posts Member
    Lysandrax wrote: »

You are making the same mistake many people make.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/2134798/#Comment_2134798
    Take a look at the comment I left a little earlier explaining the difference.

Lol lysandrax is not the sharpest tool in the shed apparently.

Anyhow, it’s obvious that this is just a disorganization issue with CG. I think it falls in line why communication and updates to the game have been a bit Wild West. I do believe / hope they are working on having better product management. I believe that is why a lot of these issues are happening. A good solution owner should be able to ensure all the crossing of the T’s and dotting of the I’s is in place. It is possible during start of covid the team had issues adjusting to remote or some members of families had issues. We will never know for sure hope they are on track now and will move forward more smoothly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    nabokovfan wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

The question is trying to understand why it wasn't done when the kit or when the event went live. Standard procedure should be to release it moving forward. The only reason I see to not have that is to disallow journey guide pack purchases for those who have hyperdrive access. Again, if that's the motivation then we as the player would respectfully like to know. Either it's a standard procedure to add it or it won't be added untill the 2nd or 3rd run to encourage spending on "the other packs".

This was the first of its kind release for the something that should have been added to the JG. I believe one of the devs said they were thinking "JG = always playable" and pulled it before the release. I think last we heard it will be added in another update to correct this, and has no connection to anything else.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member

This was the first of its kind release for the something that should have been added to the JG. I believe one of the devs said they were thinking "JG = always playable" and pulled it before the release. I think last we heard it will be added in another update to correct this, and has no connection to anything else.

Thanks.

Though GAS is not always playable and is listed... i think thats where the complaint comes from.

We would expect part of releasing a new journey, legendary or galactic legend would be to add to JG while it being locked still

Indeed Kyno. Indeed.
    Indeed Kyno. Indeed.
    Indeed Kyno. Indeed.

WHY DID U BAN TREVOR. THAT WAS A GOOD MEME. I CALL FOR A MEME REVIEW ASAP
  • TheMaster12345
    607 posts Member
    edited June 2020

Do you have any idea when this update will be? The date doesn't have to be exact but could you maybe say what month you think this update will be in?
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    MooPoo wrote: »

Lol lysandrax is not the sharpest tool in the shed apparently.

Uh oh. The ice we skate is getting pretty thin.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Do you have any idea when this update will be? The date doesn't have to be exact but could you maybe say what month you think this update will be in?

just look up the reqs until then. it's annoying but nbd
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Aandien
    36 posts Member
    Or the reason it wasn't added is because everything else was done and this code to add it to the journey guide was another week or two of development. They could have delayed the whole thing until everything was perfect, or released without it. Generally speaking, software companies release early. Market timing is more important than "feature complete"
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

Thanks.

Though GAS is not always playable and is listed... i think thats where the complaint comes from.

We would expect part of releasing a new journey, legendary or galactic legend would be to add to JG while it being locked still

GLs were in there forever, locked. Then revealed. Should be used accordingly, whenever something is announced, requirements, kit, whatever is released gets added.

Understood. I assume it's been reported as a bug @Kyno ? The entire point of the thread is simply regarding communication, the confusion, and clarifying what exactly is going on with the JG and new releases.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Understood. I assume it's been reported as a bug Kyno ? The entire point of the thread is simply regarding communication, the confusion, and clarifying what exactly is going on with the JG and new releases.

It wasnt added. It will be added in an upcoming update. That's all I know. Yes it was reported to them.