Please don't lock new stuff behind daily activities.

Replies

• Well... as a very active player and member of a highly competitive shard chat, I have no problem when it's locked behind the dailies. I see people complain about using arena battles early, but I'm used to it. When someone in my arena asks for help with an enemy who's hitting him constantly and I'm in reach, I drop the guy back even if it's hours until my own po. I would never complain if that caused me a refresh because I'll get the same kind of help when I need it. And in general, I like it when time and activity pay off.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    We are looking for clarity, but the line in the post says daily activities, which could mean a sub set of the singular things, not the completion of all of them.
  • You’ll earn access to the Galactic Challenges by completing Daily Activities. Once you’ve qualified to enter the event for the day...

Leaves a bit to the imagination. It would be nice to clear the wording up a bit. It could be that there is only 1 daily to unlock access or it could be all of them.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    We are looking for clarity, but the line in the post says daily activities, which could mean a sub set of the singular things, not the completion of all of them.

The last time they said this --was for GL tickets. Yeah.... that was fun. Not saying it will be the case, but if it is, in order to do the new event, it will depend on a horrible drop rate. That's not gonna be very fun...
  • TVF wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    Some won't. That's the whole point.

And this shouldn't cost crystals.

Why not?

You want to spend crystals to play new content? Or are you just jealous of people earning more crystals than you are?

I heard complaining helps.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

The last time they said this --was for GL tickets. Yeah.... that was fun. Not saying it will be the case, but if it is, in order to do the new event, it will depend on a horrible drop rate. That's not gonna be very fun...

There is no drop rate on awards for completing dailies. it will be nothing like the GL tickets.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Some won't. That's the whole point.

And this shouldn't cost crystals.

Why not?

You want to spend crystals to play new content? Or are you just jealous of people earning more crystals than you are?

I heard complaining helps.

You did?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    rickertron wrote: »
    Some illumination required. I get the argument about timing arena battles and agree that players should not forfeit crystals to play the new content. What I am having trouble understanding is why people would have no time for new content once they complete their dailies? Am I missing a piece of the puzzle here. My arena payout is at 5pm PST, whereas my daily reset occurs at 11pm. So that would give me like 6 hours to play the new content. is there some additional timing point i am missing in this thread that people tie the completion of their dailies to, are we also including guild activities in here?

Not everyone has arena payout at 5pm their time. Some people chose to move their arenas to later in the day so that it's the last thing they do before going to bed. Those people are concerned. Some people also don't play the game much after arenas because they are spending that time with their families, or for whatever other reason. Those people are also concerned.

Guild activities play into it to the extent that you have an incentive not to do a daily activity until after reset (generally challenge day). Some people have guild reset at a time that is late for them, and there's nothing you can do about that except changing guilds.

In addition, we know next-to-nothing about the actual challenges. We don't know how many there will be, how difficult they will be, or how many attempts will be needed.
  • Calo_Nord
    224 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Remove arena battles from daily activities.
    Move related rewards into bundle for completing all daily activities.
    Problem solved.
  • rly 4 pages for this post?You finish all dailes in 15 freaking minutes lol and then log later to do 3 remaining arena fights when its your payout time.
  • rly 4 pages for this post?You finish all dailes in 15 freaking minutes lol and then log later to do 3 remaining arena fights when its your payout time.

Some players are in a tough shard, so they can't waste an arena fight. Anything above 20 isn't worth the refresh. Personally, I understand the point. To remove the arenas from the dailies isn't going to hurt someone who doesn't care about arena, so why not make this change so other players can have a better experience?

This is exactly why there's 4 pages of concern about us wanting to do our arena climb later. The argument has been made that only n-2 dailies need to be completed to unlock this feature, or that a token can be given for completing your dailies that would allow you to unlock the new content, so that the dailies you complete one day allow you to play the new content the next day. Please read the thread before complaining.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    You can always tell which people that aren't at the top of arena.
  • What's stopping people from getting first in arena before their payout and still play the new content ........ Shard chats .
    If you aren't teaming up with other shard members to coordinate payout times your fine .

So the new content that people want is now a problem because it could mess up your climb , so now we have 4 pages going back and fourth .I hear many great ideas like having a token for the next days play or taking arena battles off daily challenges.

Let's say that you play PVP without collusion in your shard ( you know, how player vs player should be ) then you would find it alot harder to climb ( as would everyone else climbing )a royal rumble or last man standing basically everyone for themselves .
    Atm I think the shard chats and deals people have made ,are now gonna bite people on the back side . Some person who you probably have never met and doesn't work for CG telling you when you can fight and get your crystals , but no the problem is the new content.
  • Ragnarok_COTF
    1771 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Treeburner wrote: »
    What's stopping people from getting first in arena before their payout and still play the new content ........ Shard chats .

Umm.. no. What stops people is that there is no payoff for taking 1st at a random point during the day.

While I won't dispute that some shard chats are toxic, most I am aware of (mine, guild mates', etc) are not. It's a group of f2p try-hards and whales that would rather not be stepping on each other's toes. So we have a gentleman's agreement to play nice.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Treeburner wrote: »
    What's stopping people from getting first in arena before their payout and still play the new content ........ Shard chats .
    If you aren't teaming up with other shard members to coordinate payout times your fine .

So the new content that people want is now a problem because it could mess up your climb , so now we have 4 pages going back and fourth .I hear many great ideas like having a token for the next days play or taking arena battles off daily challenges.

Let's say that you play PVP without collusion in your shard ( you know, how player vs player should be ) then you would find it alot harder to climb ( as would everyone else climbing )a royal rumble or last man standing basically everyone for themselves .
    Atm I think the shard chats and deals people have made ,are now gonna bite people on the back side . Some person who you probably have never met and doesn't work for CG telling you when you can fight and get your crystals , but no the problem is the new content.
  • Calo_Nord
    224 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    CG: we hear you and believe we’ve come up with an elegant solution that will please everyone. Dailies are no longer required if your GP is over 11 million. To balance things out though, we are increasing the required number of arena battles for players with GP under 6 million. Exact amount TBD. Players with a prime number GP are immune to the increase. If the greatest common divisor between your character GP and ship GP is one, you can pay 500 crystals to bypass the daily requirement for a week but if either character or ship GP change during that week we’ll charge your credit card $50. The first time you play the event with a GP that is part of the Fibonacci sequence we’ll remove a random zeta from your roster but you can get it back by replaying the event with GP equal to the next number in the sequence.

Ooooo the age old “git gud” comment. What are we? 13 year old COD players?
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

That's not it at all. It's that you don't understand.

Or we simply don’t care how it affects your payout.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gifafi wrote: »

Oh you’re right I’m definitely not. I don’t whale out for pixels.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member

tenor.gif
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »

I don’t whale out for pixels.

I don't either!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Oh you’re right I’m definitely not. I don’t whale out for pixels.

giphy.gif?****=ecf05e47e547ae15cacbe9141acd76b4766c39f6ae93d15a&rid=giphy.gif

I don’t whale out for pixels.

I don't either!

.......😏
  • Smidday
    134 posts Member
    Ucmo wrote: »
    Are they actually considering this?! The BEST QoL improvement they have made was to be able to move your arena payout to a time most suitable for your personal schedule. For me, this is late in the day as I'm winding down to go to sleep. Since I compete for the top and only move up during my payout as a courtesy, opening the new game mode by finishing dailies would force me to attack/back out, wait 10 minutes, attack/back out, then require me to refresh to move up during my payout (which is ridiculous). As everyone well knows, this game is time-consuming, so we all play it whenever our life allows us to. By putting a new mode behind the daily activity completion requirement would be an insensitive and impetuous move.

I think they’re trying to punish the players that coordinate their payouts to maximise their crystals, by means of making them have to crystal refresh or try and adjust their payout times with other players
  • Vi1teran_
    218 posts Member
    Have they officially stated people will be required to complete all dailies to participate? Do we know what time the new mode will run? Will it be good enough to care if people have all day? Will it be so good that paying crystals is worth gaining extra time?

Seems like alot of complaining going on about something we know nothing about.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Vi1teran_ wrote: »
    Have they officially stated people will be required to complete all dailies to participate? Do we know what time the new mode will run? Will it be good enough to care if people have all day? Will it be so good that paying crystals is worth gaining extra time?

Seems like alot of complaining going on about something we know nothing about.

welcome to the forums! lol