Why go for Rey

Replies

• Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Mirkraag wrote: »
    You all made me laugh with your "Rey is not crap"

I am sorry but for the insane requirement and gear she needs to be at her best, she does not worth it. Now with a 60 banners win with f2p easy team, she is clearly crap.

And spare me with your strategy tips. Yeah I can beat Kylo by using 4 meta A toons by her side. In the meantime, kylo just needs the first order.

Stop being ridiculous by saying those lies.

Rey is crap, it is the truth

Lolwut
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Rafini
    299 posts Member
    if they wanted to balance it AT ALL they’d make it so kylo, like rey, can’t earn ultimate meter while in ultimate mode. that would prevent the chaining of ultimates since his team usually goes about 20 times before reys team gets a full turn. either that or allow rey to lose her ultimate meter like kylo does while in stance so she could build more and then allow her to use it at 60 and 80% full as well. Otherwise there’s zero way they are equal after the multiple buffs
  • R_Val_17
    144 posts Member
    Ya, with all the buffs going on it's kinda "kittens."

• If only CG would give an answer soon. I will not be enough for a long time in this world SW without justice.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    If only CG would give an answer soon. I will not be enough for a long time in this world SW without justice.

they won't
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    If only CG would give an answer soon. I will not be enough for a long time in this world SW without justice.

they won't

Thank! You killed hope in me!)
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    I believe in brutal honesty over false hope.
  • Yeah over 70 pages of posts in the Ahnaldt thread. CG: *crickets*

We've got about 63 more pages in this thread before they still don't care.

I see 729 new posts on that thread and that's about how much I care.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.

I see 729 new posts on that thread and that's about how much I care.

Good for you then?
    I have a bad feeling about this.
  • TVF wrote: »

What makes you so sure CG won't tweak Rey? I'm still in a 'hope for the best but expect the worst' mindset...

She really ought to be tied for the 'most aspirational unit on the holotables' (their words, not mine!) and it's clear to see that currently she falls very short of that. This thread seems to suggest that actually she's now one of the LEAST aspirational units. Not because she's crap in an objective sense (sorry, still don't agree with that) but because for the investment needed she just doesn't make any sense to strive for - especially when there is another unit in SLKR who is slightly easier to acquire and better in every way.

I get that they may have been a little duplicitous and tried hard to ensure people went for her first, only to then improve Kylo by so much that he completely overshadowed Rey - meaning all those who went for Rey would now feel obliged to also get Kylo - but I don't know if I buy that.
  • gflegui
    294 posts Member
    Many people are quiting the game out of frustration regarding how bad is Rey in comparison with his counter part legend! It is so sad!
  • MasterSeedy
    4992 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    @gflegui
    Many people are quiting the game out of frustration regarding how bad is Rey in comparison with his counter part legend! It is so sad!

I keep hearing this, but I haven't heard a single person say, "Yep. That's me. I quit because of Rey." I didn't have Rey when this latest SLKR buff hit, but all my toons were in relics and halting my pursuit of Rey wouldn't have helped me. (By the time I can get all the FO toons to g13, I will be able to replace the lost signal data anyway.)

I'm frustrated, for sure. But what makes me think about quitting is CG's poor communication, not the Rey/SLKR comparison. Even if you could find someone quitting "because of Rey", I doubt that they weren't thinking seriously about quitting for multiple other reasons before this.

Rey is an objectively good toon to have. She's just an objectively bad toon to spend to get, since your spending gets you much better results when lavished on SLKR (which costs just a hair less than Rey) or on GA$ & JKL, since you can get both those toons for the same price as just one Rey, and they don't require you to break up all your meta-squads to function in GAC or TW.

If CG is interested in anyone spending to get Rey, even just spending crystals since with a smaller crystal cache they might be tempted to spend more actual money later to replenish it, they're going to have to do something to make her worth the investment.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    gflegui wrote: »

lol this is great (assuming it's clearly sarcasm. the "!" sealed it for me)
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Virage wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »

What makes you so sure CG won't tweak Rey? I'm still in a 'hope for the best but expect the worst' mindset...

She really ought to be tied for the 'most aspirational unit on the holotables' (their words, not mine!) and it's clear to see that currently she falls very short of that. This thread seems to suggest that actually she's now one of the LEAST aspirational units. Not because she's crap in an objective sense (sorry, still don't agree with that) but because for the investment needed she just doesn't make any sense to strive for - especially when there is another unit in SLKR who is slightly easier to acquire and better in every way.

I get that they may have been a little duplicitous and tried hard to ensure people went for her first, only to then improve Kylo by so much that he completely overshadowed Rey - meaning all those who went for Rey would now feel obliged to also get Kylo - but I don't know if I buy that.

I said they won't answer this thread.
  • str2019
    64 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I am sure CG is on top of this already. They have been delaying the Kylo AI fix for some time now, possibly reason being the imbalance it would bring with it. They are not blind, they are definitely looking at the win rate data. Currently, a simple pros & cons for Kylo vs. Rey looks like this:
    Kylo:
    ++ >90% win rate vs. Rey on offense
    ++ Gets HSR top 10 rewards
    ++ No counters other than Rey
    Rey:
    -- <50% win rate vs. Kylo on offense (no 5s cheese)
    -- If only GL, cannot get HSR top 10 rewards
    -- Multiple counters other than Kylo

Easy enough to see Kylo has multiple advantages while Rey has none. Other points, like LSTB or that Rey may be a bit more resilient vs. multi-team attacks, are not worth discussing because it is hard to put any value on those.
  • ejsteven
    12 posts Member
    Exactly, I wouldn't sweat it... CG's a data driven company and I'm sure if stats show Kylos is out-performing Rey in all areas of the game, buffs for her will inevitable. I pray, when that day comes, they don't overbuff her like they did for Kylo, starting a new round of "Why go for Kylo" threads.
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Don't go for Rey,

She is worse than Kylo in every aspect. Don't listen to Kylo user saying it is balanced while autoing every thing.

would you also not recommend going after JKR to those that do not have him?

I'm in Div 3 and have no Revans. Took me a while to figure out how to beat DR Malak consistently with my CLS team but I win 90% now in GAC and arena against them. JKR I use Padme. From what I can tell a GP & mod equal padme team autoplay an equivalent jkr.

I really don't want the Revans. I will be getting them because the gameplay expects it but I have come a long way F2P without them. From what I have seen making good teams with dedication to great modding is possibly more valuable than the expected best teams.
  • I speculate that the reason they put up the F2P counter was that every guild that lacked a Rey was losing to every guild with 1 Rey in TW. 1 toon was creating a TW loss for many guilds. Not 2 Reys. 1.

They needed an available counter and Vader made sense.

They will probably do more to tweak her and kylo when they get nearer to the new EP release. Balance them out and make people have both.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    str2019 wrote: »
    I am sure CG is on top of this already. They have been delaying the Kylo AI fix for some time now, possibly reason being the imbalance it would bring with it. They are not blind, they are definitely looking at the win rate data. Currently, a simple pros & cons for Kylo vs. Rey looks like this:
    Kylo:
    ++ >90% win rate vs. Rey on offense
    ++ Gets HSR top 10 rewards
    ++ No counters other than Rey
    Rey:
    -- <50% win rate vs. Kylo on offense (no 5s cheese)
    -- If only GL, cannot get HSR top 10 rewards
    -- Multiple counters other than Kylo

Easy enough to see Kylo has multiple advantages while Rey has none. Other points, like LSTB or that Rey may be a bit more resilient vs. multi-team attacks, are not worth discussing because it is hard to put any value on those.

lol is this a serious post?
  • str2019
    64 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    Gifafi wrote: »

CG seems to have these options to choose from:
    1. Make HSR SIMmable and bring Rey to parity with Kylo in PvP.
    2. Keep HSR as is but buff Rey beyond Kylo in PvP.
    3. Do nothing short term but make sure Rey is a must have for Galactic Challenges.
    4. Do nothing short term but buff Rey beyond Kylo in PvP later.
    5. Do nothing.

Without further ado options 2 and 4 maximize revenue, but it is not easy to say which one of them. The number of Kylos in existence at this rate will exceed Reys in less than 70 days (it is accelerating), so look forward to that timeline.

- Option 1 gives reason only to have 1 GL, so 2 and 4 are clearly better.
    - 3 is difficult to achieve and players would likely disregard this advantage unless a PvP advantage is gated behind Galactic Challenges.
    - 5 is a two-edged sword with more negatives than positives. Rey players go for Kylos. Kylos don't have to do anything. Rey as a GL won't be pursued long term.
    - 2, 4 and 5 make a timeline where the timing of buff varies. In that light, option 5 is just a worse version of 4.
    Post edited by str2019 on
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    rey is harder to beat on defense, I have no idea what you are talking about
  • AlexanderG
    1927 posts Member

I don't think making HSR simmable would go down very well with top end players.

My guild has one SL Kylo and yes, he's taking #1 prize. But he's put the time and effort into getting Kylo so he's earned the right to the top prize.

So let's say CG hear the complaints and give Rey a buff. This then turns into a why bother with Kylo as he's crap scenario. Then what? Buff him again, then Rey again? Ad infinitum.
  • Mirkraag
    509 posts Member

Lol is this a serious post ?
  • ejsteven
    12 posts Member
    Umm... no.
  • ejsteven
    12 posts Member
    AlexanderG wrote: »

I don't think making HSR simmable would go down very well with top end players.

My guild has one SL Kylo and yes, he's taking #1 prize. But he's put the time and effort into getting Kylo so he's earned the right to the top prize.

So let's say CG hear the complaints and give Rey a buff. This then turns into a why bother with Kylo as he's crap scenario. Then what? Buff him again, then Rey again? Ad infinitum.

He can still solo HSR which Rey cannot and likely will not, even with buffs.
  • Nitrogen
    119 posts Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jGYQl-HEcqsa

• There are 2 possible reasons for why the GL's are in the state they are. 1) They waited to see which one more people went for and then buff/nerfed to try to force people to also go for the other one (Rey owners in this case). 2) They truly meant for both GL's to have the same value to a player and have now completely botched it.

Neither is good. One crosses legal lines. The other confirms incompetence.
  • TVF
    36524 posts Member
    People keep claiming they broke some law or something when they never promised anything about how good these would be.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

Lol is this a serious post ?

yes
    ejsteven wrote: »
    Umm... no.