Login issues [PSA]

Replies

• Found a fix that worked for me.

You need to roll the Google Play Games app back to the previous version. Followed these instructions on how to roll back to a previous version.

https://www.androidpolice.com/2019/11/20/go-back-older-version-app-android/?amp
  • SOLUTION
    I had the login loop issue since Monday morning. There was a post in the bug report forum for a workaround THAT WORKED FOR ME. You need to sign in as a guest, then when the opening cinematic starts to play, press "Have and account?" or whatever. Then use the FACEBOOK connect to access your account as if you are on a new device.
    It worked for me and a couple other people on that forum. Good luck!
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    And if we don't want to connect via Facebook? Seems like a game issue related to the new Google Play Games update. Let's roll CG...
  • So no news from CG on this yet. Man this is getting very frustrating. I really dont want to connect my games to a facebook account.
  • Pellaeon
    10 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    Altezza wrote: »
    Found a fix that worked for me.

You need to roll the Google Play Games app back to the previous version. Followed these instructions on how to roll back to a previous version.

I tried that but SWGoH will not let me sign on without the latest version of google play games, this blows ! I guess on the bright side MSF works great !

Post edited by Pellaeon on
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Bluestacks. If it's emulating an older phone it'll be an older version of Google Play Games. Worked for me just in time for HAAT/GAC
  • Vuk
    32 posts Member
    Rolled back Google play games to version from March and it works now
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    We're half a business day in on the West Coast and still no official word from CG on their own forum. Par for the course I guess.
  • CUFCfan
    32 posts Member
    Glad it's not just me then
  • Missed my HSith Raid, missed Arena payout, about to miss fleet payout, missing Geo TB, Missed setting D in GAC. Thank you CG, appreciate your assistance on this matter.

I will try an older device when I get home, but it wont matter that much, a full day of payouts, 750 crystals and Sith Raid gear missed.
  • Just read their home page...they definitely do put their people first, certainly not their customers as far as I can tell.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    edited June 2020
    "PSA?" would have been better
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Pellaeon wrote: »
    Altezza wrote: »
    Found a fix that worked for me.

I tried that but SWGoH will not let me sign on without the latest version of google play games, this blows ! I guess on the bright side MSF works great !

Try this:

uninstall your current google play games app, then download the app "droid hardware info" find to see your phone DPI in the device tab and your CPU Architecture/Instruction Set.

In the google play store settings disable any auto updating you may have.

Search for and Install the app "APKMirror Installer(beta)" give it is permissions so it can give you hardwate information on your phone youll need

Copy this link into chrome or whatever browser you use on your phone. https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google-inc/google-play-games/google-play-games-2020-04-18184-release/

Match the dpi your phone has to the range they provide on the site and your architecture/instruction set to a version they have listed. Click on it and download. Then install it with the apkmirror installer app.
  • So is CG going to help those of us that had login problems out by compensating us for missing out on joining GA, daily log in bonuses, missed bonus energy, etc.? I was finally able to get in after experiencing problems for the past 10 hours (I used the FB link trick, but didn't want to have to do that).
  • Scottgreen
    51 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    missed everything today!!
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • I ran into this problem today, none of the work around have worked
  • Vendi1983
    5018 posts Member
    Still down. Still nothing official from CG. This is getting absurd.
  • Will010688
    43 posts Member
    edited July 2020
    I can't log into the game I have put a post in the technical help section but no one seems to care to help out in there. I have been locked out of the game for over 13 hours now it won't let me sign in with the Google play. So far I have restarted my phone, deleted the game and reinstalled it, I have deleted Google play and reinstalled that as well but I keep getting the reload loop every time and it's starting to do my head in especially if I end up losing 3+ years of game play because of this issue. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • SL8642
    2 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »

Great. And that statement is standing there for quite a time...
    Nothing happens. Issue persisting. I am missing login rewards, dailies, Geo TB rewards eventually etc.
    I am not happy.
  • I can log in to the game? Are there any fixes for this on an Android phone?
  • Marvel strike force isn't having this issue lol. Just saying. I guess they want my money
  • Missed Grand Arena, among other things. At least throw us a little something to show some good faith and solidarity with the player base.
  • CUFCfan
    32 posts Member
    Missed Grand Arena, among other things

I can't even log in to see what dodgy defences the game set for me! Hope my opponent gets a nice win from it
  • Ultra
    11450 posts Moderator
    SL8642 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Great. And that statement is standing there for quite a time...
    Nothing happens. Issue persisting. I am missing login rewards, dailies, Geo TB rewards eventually etc.
    I am not happy.

Its not an easy fix for them since they have to work with Google on this
  • SL8642
    2 posts Member
    Ultra wrote: »
    Its not an easy fix for them since they have to work with Google on this

Well, yes.
    But i still can be unhappy with that.

The projects i am dealing with at work include apps too. So i know things can be tricky.
    But basically, i only can repeat what my boss says about such issues in our projects: Get things done!
    ;)

• I am not able to log in still......what is going on I am missing all my events. I better get all rewards I am missing once this is fixed
  • Should be fixed now
  • It is still not fixed...
  • Pellaeon
    10 posts Member
    Day 3. This is pretty awful. Voted for MSF with my fun money allotment this month.
This discussion has been closed.